• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigglepoo

LovingSteam said:
If you even have to ask such a question then its not worth my time to offer you an answer.

Osama killed a couple thousand people on 9/11 and we killed thousands more trying to get him. Gotcha. Revenge it is!

The Stealth Fox

Eh, so the ISI weren't involved because there was a risk of tipping off certain officials in the Pakistani government that were Bin Laden supporters.

Figures.

Well, at least I don't have to hear about him anymore in the news. Does that mean that they'll stop racial profiling me whenever I go to a friggin' airport?

dream

The Stealth Fox said:
Well, at least I don't have to hear about him anymore in the news. Does that mean that they'll stop racial profiling me whenever I go to a friggin' airport?

You wish. :(

Gigglepoo said:
You do realize that the only way to explain your beliefs is to communicate and not insult, right?

No, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the lesson. You're acting like this just another guy who was killed in war.

Gigglepoo

LovingSteam said:
No, I didn't realize that. Thanks for the lesson. You're acting like this just another guy who was killed in war.

No one who dies in war is "just another guy."

I have no idea if Osama was still an active threat or if his death was a matter of revenge for his past deeds. I asked a question, you derailed with insults.

Gigglepoo said:

I have no idea if Osama was still an active threat or if his death was a matter of revenge for his past deeds. I asked a question, you derailed with insults.

Why use that word "revenge"????

He was a war criminal that was brought to justice, just way after the "fact".

Gigglepoo said:

Really, I insulted you personally? Please, do tell. I said you continue giving me reasons to not like you. That isn't an insult, that is how I feel. I didn't call you an asshat. I also said that if you have to ask then it isn't worth my time to give you an answer. Still not seeing an insult.

Edit: And no, this is not JUST revenge. This is bringing the mastermind behind the worst terrorist attack on this country to justice. It's also taking away the figurehead of Al Qaeda out of commission. It's also offering some type of relief to those who lost family members or friends on 9/11 or in the wars that was the direct result of 9/11. So NO, it isn't JUST revenge.

There, happy?

numble

The Stealth Fox said:
Well, I'm Pakistani so I have a little emotional investment in how Pakistan is perceived also. Pakistani people already see their government as treasonous because they allowed US drone strikes on their soil, so I can at least understand why they'd kind of with-hold participation in something like this.

Also, why would Pakistan even allow an operation on their soil? You have to think about that also.

Again, I still think the Pakistani government is rife with corruption and I'd be happier if people started holding their government accountable for their actions... so eh.

Edit: Correction: Is it true that this was a covert op carried by US special forces, done without the Pakistani Government knowing?
Obama obfuscates in his speech. I think he told them after the fact, and they agreed to not make a fuss.

masud

Banned
Seriously if Ray Allen wasn't shooting like 70% from 3 would Boston even have a post season win this year?

Just watched the mia/bos game and it went pretty much the way I expected. I'm sorry but the C's are done. Their offence is nonexistent. This is a team that recently couldn't score 90 points against the Knicks... Miami’s D is gonna wear their geriatric asses out and then they’ll kill them in transition . It’s gonna get worse game by game.

Heat in 4 maybe 5.

Here Giggle

OuterWorldVoice said:
So he killed 3000 people in New York. He beggared and is responsible for the deaths of thousands more in Afghanistan and other parts of the middle, near East and Africa. He fomented pointless purposeless rage in the pursuit of a racist, mysognistic and cruel worldview that regarded everyone outside of his fringe mentality as an enemy worthy of death.

On top of all that, he had a massive ego and no real plan. His agents were children, women, the illiterate, the foolish and the brainwashed. And he sent them to death and murder as martyrs by proxy while he squatted in comfort and adulation, hidden from danger and sight.

He's a piece of fucking shit and I hope there's a black millisecond he experienced before oblivion took him, that he realized there were no virgins waiting for him in paradise and that everything he ever stood for was a farcoical fairy tale and a crime against humanity.

I'm surprised you're surprised.

SamuraiX- said:
^ I was just about to post that.

Perfect response to all the people trying to downplay this shit.

Yep. This has been almost 10 years in the making. Thankfully I didn't lose anybody on 9/11 nor know anybody who did but goodness sake, this is huge. I imagine that those who survived still have nightmares today, let alone the children left behind. This doesn't return the loved ones but at least now they need not fear that Bin Laden can do to others what he did to their family.

dream

Holy shit, the US is spending 2 billion dollars a week in Afghanistan? There's a Joe Johnson joke here but I just can't get to it out of shock.

Gigglepoo said:

burden of proof is on your side to prove osama stepped down as the head of AQ.
you keep reffering to a worldwide man hunt to bring him to justice as "revenge" as if this somehow belittles his actions on 9/11 to nothing more than a soap opera drama.
calling it a revenge killing pretty much disrespects the victims and family and america as a whole.

viakado said:
you keep reffering to a worldwide man hunt to bring him to justice as "revenge" as if this somehow belittles his actions on 9/11 to nothing more than a soap opera drama.
calling it a revenge killing pretty much disrespects the victims and family and america as a whole.

Thank you. As though its comparable to some school yard fight where we cheer on the bully getting his.

Gigglepoo

LovingSteam said:
Here Giggle

Thank you

viakado said:

Burden of proof? I asked a question. I was looking for someone else to provide the answer, because I have no idea if he was still an active force or not.

etiolate

Banned
Giggle: He's credited as the leader behind 9/11 and the face behind it, tracking him down is the closest people close to the situation will get to justice.

And no it doesn't change the war on terror, because that was set in motion by the 9/11 event but cannot be undone, and the way terrorist cells work, things will just be shifted around.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Gigglepoo said:
Thank you

Burden of proof? I asked a question. I was looking for someone else to provide the answer, because I have no idea if he was still an active force or not.
And if he wasn't "active" in terrorist activities, then so what? There's no redemption that could ever be achieved for a shitfuck like Osama.

SamuraiX- said:
X573p.jpg

SMFH

hahah i dont even..

Bread

Banned
masud said:
Seriously if Ray Allen wasn't shooting like 70% from 3 would Boston even have a post season win this year?

Just watched the mia/bos game and it went pretty much the way I expected. I'm sorry but the C's are done. Their offence is nonexistent. This is a team that recently couldn't score 90 points against the Knicks... Miami’s D is gonna wear their geriatric asses out and then they’ll kill them in transition . It’s gonna get worse game by game.

Heat in 4 maybe 5.
So much bitterness in one post, man am I glad the Celtics swept NY. This is a team that couldn't score 90 points against the Knicks ONCE, and they scored 87! Holy shit man you are fucking hysterical.

Blackface

Banned
etiolate said:
Giggle: He's credited as the leader behind 9/11 and the face behind it, tracking him down is the closest people close to the situation will get to justice.

And no it doesn't change the war on terror, because that was set in motion by the 9/11 event but cannot be undone, and the way terrorist cells work, things will just be shifted around.

Everyone who knows about how the terror cells and groups operate say this is basically a fatal blow to them. That no other leader or figure head comes remotely close to What Bin Laden was to them. That all the ones in charge now are just propaganda machines, with little to know ability to lead or organize anything.

I have heard like 9-10 people at various levels of knowledge/government from various countries say this tonight.

diehard

Fleer
ryutaro's mama said:
What the fuck happened to my NBA thread?
We need a KK and LO breakdown to get us back on track. Dream is Rondo heartbroken. Prom-Prom me you won't do this to my man dream again, RR9.

giri

Gigglepoo said:

To your question, he still was an active part. How active? i don't know, the best thing he did though was give a whole bunch of un organised people a figure head to organise and follow. he also helped with the funding for them. It's a big blow.

giri

Finally finished watching all the games from today.

OKC could really end up losing this one if they don't find a way to cover gasol and randolph at the same time. I mean, westbrook was stupid again, but he was hitting shots. Durant was terrific as usual, their D on shooters was solid, i dunno. I mean, it is stupid every game dumbrook shoots more shots than durant, but both got to the line, a lot. Perkins really needs to step up.

The Celtics heat game was... interesting. PP's ejection was stupid and unwaranted. The first flagrant called was stupid. They were letting LBJ's "blocks" go, even where he was making a lot of body contact. There was a certain heat flavor to the whistles and calls, but that didn't lose them the game. Rondo needs to start converting his looks in the paint, jeff green needs to not be so terrible. It looked like PP has really got his shooting touch going again, and ray ray looked great all game. I don't know if you can count on wade to keep knocking down contested long jumpers... will be an interesting series in the long run.

benjipwns

Banned
My favorite part is when he's dancing on the baseline while they're playing.

I'll never get over it. It's the dance he's doing plus the fact they're playing.

giri

benjipwns said:

I'll never get over it. It's the dance he's doing plus the fact they're playing.
In his defense, he never paid attention to any coaching while in cleveland, so no point in watching the game.

numble

benjipwns said:

I hope to see Noah dancing on the sidelines at American Airlines Arena in the near future.

Darkman M

benjipwns[B said:
]My favorite part is when he's dancing on the baseline while they're playing.[/B]

LMAO, that does make it way more funny,im just now realizing this is going on during play.

The Stealth Fox

I'm out for now. Place is too distracting (and reading things that piss me off only make me lose energy for studying) and this is the final week before my first major board exam.

See ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom