• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Yo, Kara, this month is the 35th anniversary of Blue Oyster Cult going pop selling out releasing Agents of Fortune. Celebrate appropriately (by listening to Secret Treaties).

MiamiWesker said:
On my way to the game. Im a bit scared as it may be an even series after tonight Boston will have to be on fire. Should be amazing.

Try to catch Wade this time.

Tom Penny said:
Your more confused by that then Dirk in 7th?

A lot of the list is bullshit but come on were they watching any Heat games this year?

giri

Tom Penny said:
Bitches make you do a ton of stupid shit like paying to see...

coolworld.jpg
You old!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Wade makes more of an impact for the team.

If one had to be taken away, there's no way the team would excel if it was Wade.

This is a Stats vs. Eye Test argument, just like Rose vs. LeBron. This debate will run over and over because you both have a different definition of "impact" and "value" to the teams.

Karakand

Rodeo Clown said:
Yo, Kara, this month is the 35th anniversary of Blue Oyster Cult going pop selling out releasing Agents of Fortune. Celebrate appropriately (by listening to Secret Treaties).
10-4

i mean "don't fear the cheaper (artist)"

also ralph bakshi is a v. bad director american pop is like the only movie of his that you can possibly watch

Bread

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Wade makes more of an impact for the team.

If one had to be taken away, there's no way the team would excel if it was Wade.
Ok you can have your completely insubstantial argument that can never be proven, and I'll look at all the stats Lebron bests Wade in (which is basically every stat), and the eye test. If the playoffs were included in MVP voting, I would agree that Wade has been more valuable, but they aren't.

I know you won't take the argument seriously, since you believe Rose deserves MVP over D12, so I'll just stop discussing this now.

SephCast said:
This is a Stats vs. Eye Test argument, just like Rose vs. LeBron. This debate will run over and over because you both have a different definition of "impact" and "value" to the teams.

Well yeah, there's arguments for anything and anyone but with that team the way it is, I couldn't see LeBron being the leader.

I actually couldn't see Wade leading the team to be as good as they are this year either but LeBron seems a complementary piece more than Wade for me.

Bread said:
I know you won't take the argument seriously, since you believe Rose deserves MVP over D12, so I'll just stop discussing this now.

You should because a team that "overachieves" and improves drastically led by a player is far more impressive than one that underachieves and goes nowhere with a player.

Cubsfan23 said:
whole world is picking the celtics tonight. Congrats to the heat on their 2-0 series lead.

Yeah, they act like you win the game on "paper".

The Celtics played badly so they will automatically play dominant basketball tonight.

That's why you play the games.

I don't know who will win tonight though but it's absurd that no one is picking the Heat.

Truphenom said:
I couldnt stand it at all, I didnt like anything the movie did.

I just took it for what it is, it's supposed to be corny and hokey and stupid, I can enjoy movies a lot like this in that mindset but I can see how some could find them completely unfunny and a complete waste.

giri

Bread said:
Ok you can have your completely insubstantial argument that can never be proven, and I'll look at all the stats Lebron bests Wade in (which is basically every stat), and the eye test. If the playoffs were included in MVP voting, I would agree that Wade has been more valuable, but they aren't.

Lol

Wade means more to any team going for a chip than LBJ ever will.

Truphenom

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I just took it for what it is, it's supposed to be corny and hokey and stupid, I can enjoy movies a lot like this in that mindset but I can see how some could find them completely unfunny and a complete waste.

I guess my problem is that I didn't know it was supposed to be that kind of movie. My friend wanted to see it so i tagged along, and got that horrible surprise lol.

exarkun

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/news/story?page=5-on-5-110503

ESPN STILL not giving the Grizzlies props. wtf at that dumb shit. Its all about the Thunder not doing their job, and not about the Grizz spanking dat ass. I just want to shake someone and yell.

If OKC wants to win, they have to let KD handle the ball, Perk/Ibaka need to try and score IN THE PAINT, and they have to bite down on defense. Essentially, they have to do a 180 and it probably won't happen all the way. How can you say "Thunder still win the series" when you watched game 1 at supposedly one of the best homecourts in the league? So fucking bad. Get this garbage out.

numble

Bread said:

Might as well give it to Richard Jefferson from his contributions to the Spurs' regular season record, and since we ignore playoff performance.

Mest30

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Now even the series tomorrow, Bulls and MVP.

Glad Derrick's ankle seems fine.

Noah is the key for me, he needs to play with the intensity he did when his grandfather was there last game against the Pacers.

Heat/Celtics should be interesting.

And.....not counting out the Thunder while everyone else seems to be.

Noah's grandfather was there yesterday, too. Didn't work out for Noah as well this time.

giri

exarkun said:

ESPN STILL not giving the Grizzlies props. wtf at that dumb shit. Its all about the Thunder not doing their job, and not about the Grizz spanking dat ass. I just want to shake someone and yell.

If OKC wants to win, they have to let KD handle the ball, Perk/Ibaka need to try and score IN THE PAINT, and they have to bite down on defense. Essentially, they have to do a 180 and it probably won't happen all the way. How can you say "Thunder still win the series" when you watched game 1 at supposedly one of the best homecourts in the league? So fucking bad. Get this garbage out.
OKC have got a lot of work to do. But Westbrook should be capped to 3 jumpers per half. And thats it, he takes a 4th? sit on the bench.

Rose will definitely be a different person tomorrow. Acknowledging that he didn't drive to the hoop enough means he's going to be doing it all night.

Well hopefully...

exarkun said:

The ESPN 5 on 5 stuff has been garbage all playoffs long.

Grimm Fandango said:
Rose will definitely be a different person tomorrow. Acknowledging that he didn't drive to the hoop enough means he's going to be doing it all night.

Well hopefully...

I think he doesn't do it all the time to conserve energy because against this team, he could do it successfully almost at will.

Sure, Josh Smith blocked a shot of his but the lane to the basket is there.

It's also enticing probably for him too because he can get any jumper(2 or 3 pointer) that he wants the way they play him.

I know his shooting has been off in the playoffs but he could heat up from 3 any minute now like he did against the Pacers in game 5.

I'd like to see him attack the rim early and often though.

i think tonight are 2 must win games, whereas tomorrow I don't see it that way.

OKC definitely cannot come back from down 0-2, losing both at home. I think OKC wins a close game.

Boston I feel like must win this game, too. While it appears that they should be able to come back from down 0-2, I just don't see Miami losing 4 of 5 to a team they will no longer fear should they be up 2-0.

As much as I want Miami to lose this game and for it to be a series, I think Boston falls again and Ainge is about to be crucified for his trade. Rondo is the key. He has to get going.

giri

Black Mamba said:
i think tonight are 2 must win games, whereas tomorrow I don't see it that way.

OKC definitely cannot come back from down 0-2, losing both at home. I think OKC wins a close game.

Boston I feel like must win this game, too. While it appears that they should be able to come back from down 0-2, I just don't see Miami losing 4 of 5 to a team they will no longer fear should they be up 2-0.

As much as I want Miami to lose this game and for it to be a series, I think Boston falls again and Ainge is about to be crucified for his trade. Rondo is the key. He has to get going.
Err, if the lakers get down 0-2, i don't see them coming back from it. I see the team imploding with ego's.

diehard

Fleer
reilo said:
Don't forget the symbolism of putting in a Nissan Skyline GTR engine into a Ford Mustang and then using the Mustang to drift.
You know Mustangs are one of the most popular drift cars right? Have to have a RWD car. You know how i feel about the Nissan engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom