• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
They'd run into very similar horford/dwight as pau/dwight problems. Particularly as Smith likes to play the 4 and bully guys.

Atlanta seems like a terrible fit for dwight really.

They would have NO outside shooting

If D12 was in the future they would move Al I would think

Westlo

Here's how I see the Lakers finishing out the month. I wasn't sure about Utah, but what the hell.
prediction.png

My Heat lose to shit teams on the road, so the Lakers will get that one.

And any motivation the Heat would've had to crush these lames like they did Lin last year is now gone since they well suck.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'd move Smith, TBH. D12 covers a lot of what he does now.

Maybe swap him for granger or something.

For some reason I think Al would be worth more

And personally always wanted to see how people would handle a swatfest like those 2

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
A Smith D12 combo at 4 and 5 would be best

Having Smith log heavy mins at SF not so great

They would have NO outside shooting

If D12 was in the future they would move Al I would think

OK maybe I was wrong about the Smith at the 3 (I rarely watch the Hawks) but your right they could get a real good player/pieces for horford as well. That would be the move then put shooters around Dwight/Smith who chemistry shouldnt be an issue since they are RL friends.

.... i don't believe thats true at all.

I think quite a few can, they just have to renounce rights on cap hold players.

Yeah, thats not true.

Mavs can for starters.
Well I mean without the whole renouncing thing, pretty sure one of the ESPN writers confirmed it. I'll doublecheck Larry Coon articles, someone has to have asked it.

diehard

Fleer
Well I mean without the whole renouncing thing, pretty sure one of the ESPN writers confirmed it. I'll doublecheck Larry Coon articles, someone has to have asked it.

I'm pretty sure the Jazz could do it also..

obviously not going to happen, but Paul and Dwight with Favors, Kanter and Hayward... dangit.

Larry Coon talking w/ a guy on chances of Howard bolting, says he probably stays with LA. Followup is interesting.
David Weiner‏@BimaThug
@LarryCoon @LakersLDynasty Agreed, but what odds do you give a well-run franchise outside a major market (HOU, DAL, ATL, UTH, etc.)?
Larry Coon‏@LarryCoon
@BimaThug I think Atlanta might have a reasonable shot. Dallas too, but I think Marion would need to take his ETO (unlikely).

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
According to a person familiar with the situation, White wants the NBA, the National Basketball Players Association, the Rockets and himself to sign a document detailing his wishes for the mental health protocol, and White has told the Rockets he won't show up for work until all parties sign the document.

The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the document was supposed to remain confidential. The person added that such agreements are banned under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...s-suspend-rookie-forward-royce-white/1811983/

Can't the Rockets just void his contract. Dude isn't fulfilling the terms of the deal. Might be a PR mistake, but it's probably not going to blow up much more than it already has.

I think the Hawks could and should keep Smith, Teague, and Lou and then could just trade Horford for a SF.

Got to bring that 2003-2005 Georgia high school basketball to the NBA.

Lou also signed at kind of a discount to play for the Hawks so it would be weird to trade him I think.

Smokey

Did you guys know Greg Smith was in the D-league last year

he had his coming out party against Dwight this year. Tomorrow will be part II unless Howard wants no part of Greg Smith and shuts it down.

Dwight is clearly too much of an alpha male to let Kobe get to him.

Dwight strikes me as the type of guy who cries on the regular and Kobe's "all business" mentality probably has him hella shook on a nightly basis.

I think he'll get over it though. Bron was the same way in Cleveland and when the fire was lit under his ass he was forced to focus on business, and ultimately it made him better.

Did you guys know Greg Smith was in the D-league last year

he had his coming out party against Dwight this year. Tomorrow will be part II unless Howard wants no part of Greg Smith and shuts it down.

Mackbis Obmoyib had his coming out party against Dwight last year too mang

it was the highlight of DY's season

The Lakers just need to find a faceup 4 that can shoot long jumpers and Dwight will be fine. They dont have any trade chips other than Pau so their best bet is to probably wait for the offseason when there will be several ufas they can go after.

Heck if they can't find any takers for Pau they could just amnesty him to free up cap space. So in other words the Lakers will get their guy, that's why it's easy to be a Lakers fan - regardless of how screwed up their roster is as long as they have cap.space players will line up to sign there.

The Lakers just need to find a faceup 4 that can shoot long jumpers and Dwight will be fine. They dont have any trade chips other than Pau so their best bet is to probably wait for the offseason when there will be several ufas they can go after.

They need to fix Dwight's back.

That's the main and overwhelming issue right now. They have no defenders other than him and his defense isn't good right now.

Their offense is still good.

Truphenom

Dwight strikes me as the type of guy who cries on the regular and Kobe's "all business" mentality probably has him hella shook on a nightly basis.

I think he'll get over it though. Bron was the same way in Cleveland and when the fire was lit under his ass he was forced to focus on business, and ultimately it made him better.

Dwight sounds like he's in his second year in the league. He wants everyone to like each other and have fun. It's pretty jarring to hear his thoughts on a loss after hearing Kobe.

it's no secret that Dwight detests Kobe

he hated Vince Carter even though Vince was a super nice dude, sure he choked terribly in the ECF but that really doesn't matter because Dwight loved Gilbert and he was like one of the worst players in the league in 2011.

Nice points here faze, the reasoning makes sense to me. I'm not sure if Dwight has it in him to sack up like Lebron did though.

They need to fix Dwight's back.

That's the main and overwhelming issue right now. They have no defenders other than him and his defense isn't good right now.

Their offense is still good.

Thats what it really comes down to.

Dwight isn't Dwight right now. The offense has been a rollercoaster but the D has been bad all year.

Heck if they can't find any takers for Pau they could just amnesty him to free up cap space. So in other words the Lakers will get their guy, that's why it's easy to be a Lakers fan - regardless of how screwed up their roster is as long as they have cap.space players will line up to sign there.

Pretty sure the lakers are over the cap even with a Pau amnesty. It has to come from a trade.

Eh. Lebrons ego is way to big to cry everyday. I would say both were goofballs comin in the league but that's where the comparisons end. Dwight seems unstable emotionally.

Kobe and Nash aren't getting any younger. Considering how much Dwight seems to hate it with the Lakers, I doubt he resigns there unless he doesn't get any serious offers from other teams.

Eh. Lebrons ego is way to big to cry everyday. I would say both were goofballs comin in the league but that's where the comparisons end. Dwight seems unstable emotionally.

Lebron couldn't take the Heat when shit got real though.I think he even admitted to getting mental help like Ron which helped him a lot. I definitely respect him for manning up.

Top Bottom