• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

KingKong

oh so this is what it's like to be mega rich (she's his date)

zs1eF.jpg

Kobe and Nash aren't getting any younger. Considering how much Dwight seems to hate it with the Lakers, I doubt he resigns there unless he doesn't get any serious offers from other teams.

Dwight would kill his reputation among the fans if he leaves LA. And as nice as it would be to see all the Laker front running fans disappear for a while, it would suck to see Nash and Kobe go out like that.

I didn't know that Lakers were over the cap even with Pau amnestied. Kobe's contract really is a bitch to deal with under the new CBA.

exarkun

Guys, this league is all about parity. OKC has alot of wealth talent-wise, and they decide to share with the Rockets. Works out swimmingly. The Grizzlies have alot of talent, now they want to share Rudy Gay with any another team.

Similarly, the Lakers have alot of wealth and will soon share it with another team. We won't know who, but what if it was the knicks? Pau for Amare? I smell rings.

Why would Hollinger want 2 washed up guys, one of whom is notorious for choking? Unless he misses ESPN already...

I'd miss it if I were him. Espn writers are allowed to blatantly plagiarize and spit out unfounded BS whenever they want. It's hard for me to imagine an easier job.

Last year bynum was so far ahead of dwight, it's not even funny. I believe his the main reason we were even competitive.

I agree. I didn't agree over the summer, but I agree now. Bynum was a presence, Dwight is just there. I didn't know how bad Dwight's offensive game was. He has no moves. Nothing.

The M.O.B

Y! Sources: In pursuit of frontcourt help, the Miami Heat will workout free agent Chris "Birdman" Andersen

He doesn't exactly have much competition for 1 of those 2 open roster spots......

Kenyon Martin will also get a workout :/

Now Pau faking a shoulder injury to avoid being traded.

You know something. The Lakers deserve all of this for treating uncle Phil the way they did. I bleed purple and gold, but I am severely disappointed in the owners son.

Mavs signing Mike James?

Fisher, now James. lolwtf.

edit: not seeing anything about a Pau shoulder injury? Dwight hurt his shoulder though.

shwimpy

Mike Trudell‏ @LakersReporter

Dwight Howard is out at least 1 week with a torn labrum in his right shoulder. Re-evaluated next week.

There's more...

Los Angeles Lakers‏ @Lakers

INJURY UPDATE: @paugasol suffered a concussion and will not travel with the team to Texas.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Fuck this shit and remind me to never visit that HoF.

http://www.blogabull.com/2013/1/7/3...ry-reinsdorf-among-2013-hall-of-fame-nominees

Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf is among a new batch of nominees for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, according to NBA.com. 31 candidates are moving forward in the Hall of Fame voting process via selection by the North American committee, which then moves to judgement by a nine-member panel. Seven votes out of nine are needed to become a finalist, with those being announced at All-Star Weekend in February. Then, a separate group of 24 voters make the final ruling, with 18 votes needed to make the Hall of Fame. Reinsdorf is a candidate through the contributor category.

Looks like the Lakers are officially out of the playoffs then. Should be interesting to see what all parties want to do as far as next season.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ken Berger said:
MRI reveals that Dwight Howard has a torn labrum in his right shoulder and is out indefinitely, Lakers announce.

Wow

Ken Berger said:
Also, Paul Gasol has a concussion and also is out indefinitely, the Lakers say.

Wowow

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think Batum had a torn labrum in his shoulder a few years ago, had surgery in the summer, and came back in like February.

Top Bottom