• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

DominoKid

Personally I think they should let em scrap. It'd eliminate a lot of the bitchassness from the game cause folks would have to answer for it.

But the folks that buy tickets ain't going for it.

Just finally saw the Knicks/Celtics highlights... Damn Melo/KG bringing back old school East basketball. When's the next game against each other?

I still say the media is blatantly racist/bias when it comes to stuff like this in basketball.. Last year Kevin Love tried to stomp someone's head.. But he didn't get much flack at all.. Anytime a fight breaks out in basketball it is the ugly scene at MSG.. Oh the humanity! In baseball it's just "the boys of summer"

It's really horrible IMO..
truth.
Personally I think they should let em scrap. It'd eliminate a lot of the bitchassness from the game cause folks would have to answer for it.

Im pretty sure the NBA was at its highest popularity when players used to go at each others head. Its stern who isn't going for it, not that he's necessarily wrong.

I still say the media is blatantly racist/bias when it comes to stuff like this in basketball.. Last year Kevin Love tried to stomp someone's head.. But he didn't get much flack at all.. Anytime a fight breaks out in basketball it is the ugly scene at MSG.. Oh the humanity! In baseball it's just "the boys of summer"

It's really horrible IMO..

Don't forget about hockey fights.

Kwhit10

In three games this season coming into the game against the Knicks, Boston has starved opposing offenses when Bradley is on the court, allowing just 86.5 points per 100 possessions. How good is that? Indiana has the best defensive rating in the NBA this season at 98.9 points per 100 possessions.

Hopefully Bradley is what the Celts needed.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Aren't you guys all going nuts with talk of thuggery and shit whenever someone even tries a hard foul.

Nobody wants to see anyone get hurt, but I just hate the standards the NBA is suddenly held to and the crap they do get when anything happens...

I really want to know what KG said and how over the line it was

How many people have actually owned Kg besides Peeler?

Five NYPD officers, MSG security and Mike Woodson were near the bus to make sure the scene did not get out of control, the New has learned.
According to the eyewitness, Garnett didn't understand why Carmelo was waiting for him near the bus.
Mike Woodson played a big role in making sure that Carmelo left peacefully. Garnett wasn't looking for trouble and got on the bus.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...n-garnett-team-bus-locker-093908804--nba.html

LOl

Melo once again failed the mental part of the game and look what happened - his team lost. KG is a master of shit talk, but Melo should know by now to let in come in one ear and out the other. He needs to just ignore KG.

Melo once again failed the mental part of the game and look what happened - his team lost. KG is a master of shit talk, but Melo should know by now to let in come in one ear and out the other. He needs to just ignore KG.

Its really hard to judge either way without knowing what KG may have said or did. You can't let everything ride...

KG is like that kid in school that would start shit on the playground because he knew the teachers would break it up but when it comes to throw down after school he runs home

Its really hard to judge either way without knowing what KG may have said or did. You can't let everything ride...

yeah I agree. you have to let a few things slide but knowing Kg and the pride that a man has, I won't blame anyone for wanting to fuck his face up with a fist

KG is like that kid in school that would start shit on the playground because he knew the teachers would break it up but when it comes to throw down after school he runs home
yep

Beals January splits: 18.2 PPG, .42% FG, .56 3P%, 4 RPG, 3.4 APG, 1.2 SPG

Hmm, progress.

And I'm pretty sure Wall is back for this Saturdays game.

Beals January splits: 18.2 PPG, .42% FG, .56 3P%, 4 RPG, 3.4 APG, 1.2 SPG

Hmm, progress.

And I'm pretty sure Wall is back for this Saturdays game.
Funny thing... the GW shot Beal took he had 1 and almost 2 guys open. Dude pump-faked two defenders and took a one legged runner, he would've and should've been crucified if he missed.

Funny thing... the GW shot Beal took he had 1 and almost 2 guys open. Dude pump-faked two defenders and took a one legged runner, he would've and should've been crucified if he missed.

With Crawford out you can't blame him for taking the opportunity to assert himself. It worked out pretty well didn't it?

Fuck yea! Can't wait to see Wall back, can't hold NC boys down forever.

Yea. And I just bought tickets. If he doesn't play I'm going to explode.

BADaw6lCIAARx01.jpg:large

....shit

Pimpwerx

LOL @ people hating on KG. I hate the guy too, but this is his m.o. He's not even Rodman-tier when it comes to mind games, but he fucked Melo's shit right up last night. It's just mind games. Melo got suckered into it. KG is a fake tough guy, but he knows he can get away with it. Melo doesn't need to play that game. He should be smarter than that.

You can say he's just human and it's excusable, but let's be real. As a black man, I guarantee you he's heard some harsh shit growing up. There's nothing KG can say in his shit talk that matches up to true, vitriolic racism. The real shit can cut deep. KG talking his usual bullshit should just bounce off the skin. I assume Melo's outburst was also linked to his poor performance. PEACE.

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police sources have confirmed that a member of the Brooklyn Nets basketball team and his associates are being questioned in connection with a sexual assault that allegedly happened inside a Philadelphia hotel.

According to sources, a 21-year-old female filed a complaint alleging that she was sexually assaulted inside the Four Seasons Hotel in Center City at about 4 a.m. Tuesday.

The female complainant was taken to an area hospital for an examination. Investigators are waiting to question the woman before any decision will be made on potential charges.

Sources say the unnamed player and his associates were taken to the Special Victims Unit for further questioning.

The Nets are in town to play the 76ers at the Wells Fargo Center Tuesday night.

Well, this is not good.

LOL @ people hating on KG. I hate the guy too, but this is his m.o. He's not even Rodman-tier when it comes to mind games, but he fucked Melo's shit right up last night. It's just mind games. Melo got suckered into it. KG is a fake tough guy, but he knows he can get away with it. Melo doesn't need to play that game. He should be smarter than that.

You can say he's just human and it's excusable, but let's be real. As a black man, I guarantee you he's heard some harsh shit growing up. There's nothing KG can say in his shit talk that matches up to true, vitriolic racism. The real shit can cut deep. KG talking his usual bullshit should just bounce off the skin. I assume Melo's outburst was also linked to his poor performance. PEACE.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you, we just love to talk about what a massive bitch KG is

It was definitely linked to performance but he must have a real sore spot

Well, this is not good.

My pick is Reggie Evans

No, they definitely should not. There's a big enough problem with enforcers and head injuries in hockey. It's still bullshit that fights in hockey are 'part of the game' and fans/media are willing to fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Sharp

Look at the clock, the rest of the Wizards roster, and the score. Beal did the right thing and nobody ever gets crucified for missing a game winner in a tie game, unless it's like... a layup or something.

No way. He was lights out from long range. He had to take the shot, no matter what it looked like.

I don't know. I have new found respect for Melo now. KG is the biggest fake tough guy in the NBA. I love how he waited for him by the team bus. Melo is cool in my book.

He should have learned from Rick Fox, and waited for him in the tunnel with a steel chair. LOL I know you guys remember that shit. I think it was a pre season game where he tried to ambush Doug Christie.

Why are the Wizards trying to have Wall play when he's not nearly close to being in shape? He should really get a couple weeks of working out in to get back in NBA-shape before they throw him back out there.

edit: Suns getting ready to trade for Rudy Gay. Giri finally can be happy.

The Grizzlies have been shopping Gay to multiple teams, and found an interested trade partner with the Suns, sources said.
There's no framework of a possible deal in place, but the Grizzlies have expressed a strong desire that any package involving Gay include Suns forward Jared Dudley and future first-round draft picks, sources said.

I don't know. I have new found respect for Melo now. KG is the biggest fake tough guy in the NBA. I love how he waited for him by the team bus. Melo is cool in my book.

He should have learned from Rick Fox, and waited for him in the tunnel with a steel chair. LOL I know you guys remember that shit. I think it was a pre season game where he tried to ambush Doug Christie.

Melo is a mentally weak loser who got played by KG's predictable schtick

Top Bottom