• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Because their front office is horrible. Getting Dudley and a lottery pick (whether it's the Lakers or Suns) for Gay would be pretty amazing for the Grizz.

That's what I'm saying. Bad teams shouldn't trade picks like that. Rudy Gay isn't lifting the Suns out of the lottery.

I think some teams don't understand how valuable a first is. It's way better to get a good player on a rookie deal than to pay Gay a ton.

Jeff-DSA

Jim Boylen takes over for the Bucks?!!?!!!!??!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Goodbye playoffs.

lil smoke

Banned
Melo once again failed the mental part of the game and look what happened - his team lost. KG is a master of shit talk, but Melo should know by now to let in come in one ear and out the other. He needs to just ignore KG.

Remember when KG said C. Villanueva looked like a cancer patient during the game, then tried to play it off by saying he said Villa was a cancer to his team and the league?

I wouldn't mind one bit of someone just once knocked KG out cold right at the center of the court, maybe in the Boston logo. Everyone talks shit, but his is stuff is cowardly shit where he tries to get personal and talk shit that has nothing to do with the game, then after the game, he's like "it's all basketball man."

Bring in a scrub, have him deck KG into a pool of blood midcourt, let him get suspended, pay him off on the side. Shit talking will subsude.

LOL @ people hating on KG. I hate the guy too, but this is his m.o. He's not even Rodman-tier when it comes to mind games, but he fucked Melo's shit right up last night. It's just mind games. Melo got suckered into it. KG is a fake tough guy, but he knows he can get away with it. Melo doesn't need to play that game. He should be smarter than that.

You can say he's just human and it's excusable, but let's be real. As a black man, I guarantee you he's heard some harsh shit growing up. There's nothing KG can say in his shit talk that matches up to true, vitriolic racism. The real shit can cut deep. KG talking his usual bullshit should just bounce off the skin. I assume Melo's outburst was also linked to his poor performance. PEACE.

Don't really matter what he may or may not have heard growing up. Everybody has a line to cross. I don't hate kg for talking his shit but I don't hate or rather I applaud Melo for wanting to clean his ass up.

You can talk about mind games and whatever but basketball only means so much. There's only so many fucks to give about a regular season match with the celtics. Lets be real..

I don't know. I have new found respect for Melo now. KG is the biggest fake tough guy in the NBA. I love how he waited for him by the team bus. Melo is cool in my book.

He should have learned from Rick Fox, and waited for him in the tunnel with a steel chair. LOL I know you guys remember that shit. I think it was a pre season game where he tried to ambush Doug Christie.

Really? If anything it just shows how mentally weak Melo is if this is all it took for him to lose his composure...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIPefecblkk

Jeff-DSA

The first person to punch KG in the face will become my favorite player in the NBA. I have no idea why he hasn't been wrecked by someone by now.

Pimpwerx

Don't really matter what he may or may not have heard growing up. Everybody has a line to cross. I don't hate kg for talking his shit but I don't hate or rather I applaud Melo for wanting to clean his ass up.

You can talk about mind games and whatever but basketball only means so much. There's only so many fucks to give about a regular season match with the celtics. Lets be real..

I wouldn't mind seeing KG get decked, but this is grown man stuff. Trash talk is baseline material. The only reasonable explanation I can see for Melo's behavior is if there really was something between KG and LaLa that we didn't know about. I can't see any reason to get that mad unless he said something that really cut deep, and that's usually gotta be something that's true. PEACE.

I wouldn't mind seeing KG get decked, but this is grown man stuff. Trash talk is baseline material. The only reasonable explanation I can see for Melo's behavior is if there really was something between KG and LaLa that we didn't know about. I can't see any reason to get that mad unless he said something that really cut deep, and that's usually gotta be something that's true. PEACE.
Call me what ever you want, but aint shit "grown man" about letting some dude talk shit in your face...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nahhhh you let someone get away with that, and then they have conquered you. Its like your first day in prison, you have to fuck someone up who is bigger than you, and not get turned out or you will be turned out every day of your life.
Its like your first day in prison LOL

Cloudy

Banned
Call me what ever you want, but aint shit "grown man" about letting some dude talk shit in your face...

Melo had a decent chance for MVP if they get the #1 seed but all these missed games (he will get a game at least) will cost him in the end.

I don't care what KG said, he needs to maintain his composure and be PROFESSIONAL!

Why would the Suns make that trade? It's like they're trying to be a perennial 10 seed. You only trade 1st rounders for superstars if you're a lottery team.

That's what I'm saying. Bad teams shouldn't trade picks like that. Rudy Gay isn't lifting the Suns out of the lottery.

I think some teams don't understand how valuable a first is. It's way better to get a good player on a rookie deal than to pay Gay a ton.

Would you do a Drek + filler trade for Gay?

Cloudy

Banned
Rudy Gay is not James Harden.

He is that same tier of player though. And he is a guy who can score as well as defend superstars. I like him on the Suns if they don't give up their PG or bigs

That trade would be a massive win for Memphis. Phoenix needs to stay the course and collect their two lottery picks at the end of the season. If Gays contract was closer to 12 million I'd be down with giving Memphis the Phx pick, he's making Lebron money though which is freaking crazy. That said I don't think he'll make the suns that much better, they'd still probably be in the high lottery.

watching this Bulls/Heatgame from last week, cant believe some people thought in the offseason a Thibadeau lead team would half ass it and tank for the season. (even tho it makes sense logically) You cant play as hard as they do defensively and not stumble your way into a positive winning percentage (see Indiana).

DominoKid

Yea. And I just bought tickets. If he doesn't play I'm going to explode.

BADaw6lCIAARx01.jpg:large

....shit

that boy lookin fat. he aint hit the infinity pool while he was injured? you can tell he missed the jumper too.

I'm fine w/ Melo going after KG but he should've beat the dogshit out of him. There's limits to trash talk. You don't go after family.

watching this Bulls/Heatgame from last week, cant believe some people thought in the offseason a Thibadeau lead team would half ass it and tank for the season. (even tho it makes sense logically) You cant play as hard as they do defensively and not stumble your way into a positive winning percentage (see Indiana).

It's all about how Rose and getting that chemistry back.

how in fuck is Gay for Jared Dudley and a pick some sort of great deal for Memphis? Rudy Gay is a top 20 scorer on a team that goes through frequent scoring slumps and has problems putting up points. Jared Dudley's supposed to help them out?

how in fuck is Gay for Jared Dudley and a pick some sort of great deal for Memphis? Rudy Gay is a top 20 scorer on a team that goes through frequent scoring slumps and has problems putting up points. Jared Dudley's supposed to help them out?

Jared Dudley can actually shoot.

Gay has been close to the least efficient player in the NBA this year.

Top Bottom