• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

pilonv1

the league owned the Hornets and had to make it attractive for a buyer

the Clippers deal they got was way better considering the players they received in the first trash deal were fucking Kevin Martin and Luis Scola

Anyone still going to cry about Morey not being able to trade for Pau and give Nene a max deal? Talk about dodging bullets

BobLoblaw

Banned
Gut feeling/prediction: Lakers pull a huge upset tomorrow night @ San Antonio when everyone thinks it would be a double digit loss. Then they beat OKC at home, lose to Cleveland at home in a letdown type of game after winning two huge ones, but beat Milwaukee and Miami and continue to play well and go 9-3 the rest of the month, with the losses being Clev, @Chi, @Memphis.
You're not good at this basketball thing.

What's with the Grizz shopping so hard for a trade? Their team aint broke.

Team can't beat the Spurs, Clippers, or Thunder probably and are over the luxury tax with some huge long-term deals and some of their pieces fit badly together so they may not lose too much (especially if it's Gay that they trade)

edit: Ryno is a lot better than the other guys coming off the bench this year.

Probably won't have the media attention to win the award though.

Team can't beat the Spurs, Clippers, or Thunder probably and are over the luxury tax with some huge long-term deals and some of their pieces fit badly together so they may not lose too much (especially if it's Gay that they trade)

What were your predictions for the WC standings at the beginning of the year? I can't find that post of yours...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Pretty much.

I say let em have their moment in the sun. Even those less fortunate deserve some good times.
the less fortunate at least have draft picks

yal should be asking knicks-age for advice on how to hold your breath for half a decade

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Didnt they just get a new owner? Or am I thinking if a different smaller market team?

On June 11, 2012, sources told ESPN.com that Michael Heisley has an agreement in principle to sell the Memphis Grizzlies to communications technology magnate Robert J. Pera, who at 34 has a spot on Forbes' list of the 10 youngest billionaries in the world.

Pera no peros.

Smokey

IF ONLY MOREY WAS ALLOWED TO OVERPAY TWO INJURY PRONE GUYS WHO DONT DEFEND WHY CANT YOU SEE HOW MUCH THIS HELPS THE ROCKETS ALL OVER MY FACE AND CHEST PEW PEW PEW

i was pretty close to retiring from watching bball when pau was supposed to come to the rockets

Nelo Ice

Banned
Damn, NBAgaf has been waiting for this day for a loong time it seems. Tell us how you really feel.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
I can not overstate how much the rest of the NBA is loving kicking the Lakers while they are down.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
If you live in LA, you're in the only metropolitan area that doesn't hate the Lakers & LA. Trust me, there is NO sympathy around the NBA

Yep everyone is ready to throw a parade.

14F2Q.png

iGg70.png

Oh shi-

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The next time a group of fans shout M-V-P at Staples, it will be for a Clipper.

What were your predictions for the WC standings at the beginning of the year? I can't find that post of yours...

1. Spurs
2. Lakers
3. Grizzlies
4. Nuggets
5. Jazz
6. Thunder
7. Clippers
8. Warriors

With the Rockets being extremely close.

It generally looks bad, but I expected most of the teams in the West to be good and overreacted to the Harden trade and thought that Dwight was going to be Dwight this year. Did underestimate the Clippers bench a lot as well, but the Nuggets and Jazz are still going to turn out good and the Warriors and Grizzlies are good.

What am I looking at?

Kamiya tweets a lot. He gave a limited response about not wanting to develop on PC that Kotaku turned into a story to bash Japan and now people are bashing him on Twitter and he's just trolling them now.

giri

lmfao

wat

In what universe does Mo Williams and Marvin Williams propel the Jazz to a Top 5 seed in the West?

I think they're about 6th right now.................

Also, grizz could beat any of the other top 4 teams in the west.

Clipps/spurs/OKC.

It will be....... interesting to see the trades that happen.

giri

Oh, jazz are 10th right now, but they're at .500 and only 2 games out of 8/7th

And they jazz have played A LOT of west teams. They'll beat up on the east and get back to a few games over .500 shortly.

Actually, the jazz have a good finish to the month of january. They should easily win 6/10 and potentially get 8/10.

Pretty much.

I say let em have their moment in the sun. Even those less fortunate deserve some good times.

the final exclamation point and well-deserved for booing the greatest coach of all time because his team of assholes resorted to thuggery after getting mentally fucked by JJ Barea

a garbage team for a garbage fanbase

suck it long and suck it hard

lmfao

wat

In what universe does Mo Williams and Marvin Williams propel the Jazz to a Top 5 seed in the West?

1. I overrate my team

2. I was expecting the Jazz to move from the 8th seed to the 5th based on internal player development which actually happened but the young players haven't seen minute increases to improve the team like their level of play has improved. I didn't think much of Mo or Marvin as players before the season (and still don't obviously)

3. This night is supposed to be about the Lakers, not my homerism...

BobLoblaw

Banned
I think they're about 6th right now.................

Also, grizz could beat any of the other top 4 teams in the west.

Clipps/spurs/OKC.

It will be....... interesting to see the trades that happen.
They can beat the Thunder, don't know about the Spurs and Clips bro.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't know, but I just saw mention of Z-Bo too. I'm gonna fuck someone up if they trade him. Get rid of Rudy. I'm ok with that. Maybe Tony Allen too, but no one else.

Yeah that's what made me come in and post. Getting rid of Z-Bo would be horrible.

Can someone do some voodoo magic and get Fredette outta Sactown for me? Would seriously love to see him playing with some vets that he can learn from.

giri

They can beat the Thunder, don't know about the Spurs and Clips bro.

Uhh, quite easily.

Particularly based on history.

Grizz have pushed all those teams in their recent play off history, and none of them have got significantly better.

Also, the worst nick name lakers-age ever came up with was Razor Ramon.

That was just dumb.

Top Bottom