• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Errybodys predictions were so wrong...think I had the Lakers as a third seed, behind OKC and the Spurs.
if Miami loses to one of those EC teams in an ugly series, it would make this year one of best, the most drama filled seasons ever....plz basketball gods, let it happen.

diehard

Fleer
Oh, jazz are 10th right now, but they're at .500 and only 2 games out of 8/7th

And they jazz have played A LOT of west teams. They'll beat up on the east and get back to a few games over .500 shortly.

Actually, the jazz have a good finish to the month of january. They should easily win 6/10 and potentially get 8/10.

I'm not expecting anything at this point but.. DAT BENCH, fun to watch.

giri

Turns out people feeling pretty strongly about The Lakers, in a negative way. My world is upside down.

Eh, Here's the thing. This lakers team if they get healthy. IF. They could rattle off a 20game win streak.

I mean, nothing really indicates that its coming, but from a pure talent/pieces sort of perspective, it could happen.

But i'm not sure they'll ever get healthy enough this season.

I'm not expecting anything at this point but.. DAT BENCH, fun to watch.

Only team i don't really see them beating are the heat. But they love to troll the heat. And Kanter / Favors if they can stay out of foul trouble... i'm not sure the heat have people who could stop them. Particularly Kanter.

That all relies on corbin being smart enough to play them though.

Everyone else.... i think they legitimately have a very good chance of winning.

rando14

Eh, Here's the thing. This lakers team if they get healthy. IF. They could rattle off a 20game win streak.

I mean, nothing really indicates that its coming, but from a pure talent/pieces sort of perspective, it could happen.

20 games? I think thats stretching it

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

What they do have doesn't fit there coach

Honestly Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown would have been good fits for this roster
Both are big on D and post plays

If they somehow figure it out and squeak into the playoffs shit could get real. But like you said, there's not too much reason to believe that will happen.

Either way, worst cause scenario Lakers start from scratch in 2014. There are worse positions to be in. We also have a more than likely chance to retain Dwight, Dwight and a mostly clean slate...future is still there.

Just got watch this thing burn for the time being

tumblr_m84jk6kQY71rbr3gdo2_250.gif

giri

You think that but then they turn to total ass on the road and you are reminded at some point that Jamal Tinsley is starting point guard.

Yeah .... :(

What they do have doesn't fit there coach

Honestly Jerry Sloan or Larry Brown would have been good fits for this roster
Both are big on D and post plays

Their D is as much a reflection of their health, IMO. Howard just hasn't got to the level he was previously, and they were relying on that to cover up Kobe and Nash a fair bit.

Been awhile

Yeah. I remember them barely sneaking in a few times... but i can't remember the last time they missed them entirely.

Right before we drafted Bynum. 04/05 i believe

Question answered.

Blackace

Yeah .... :(

Their D is as much a reflection of their health, IMO. Howard just hasn't got to the level he was previously, and they were relying on that to cover up Kobe and Nash a fair bit.

Yeah. I remember them barely sneaking in a few times... but i can't remember the last time they missed them entirely.

Question answered.
I think Mike D is an ok coach

But with an older team like this, who should have thrown their bid in for Kmart btw, a half court set using high gasol picks and low d12 picks would be tough

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
i was pretty close to retiring from watching bball when pau was supposed to come to the rockets

Same. He's my most hated player still left in the league. Him in a Rockets uni... good god. I would have waited till that big bird walking mangina retired to watch the team again.

I think Mike D is an ok coach

But with an older team like this, who should have thrown their bid in for Kmart btw, a half court set using high gasol picks and low d12 picks would be tough

That would have been awesome, but Dwight still wouldn't have been himself and Pau would still be falling apart.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Same. He's my most hated player still left in the league. Him in a Rockets uni... good god. I would have waited till that big bird walking mangina retired to watch the team again.

No you wouldn't. :p

Blackace

That would have been awesome, but Dwight still wouldn't have been himself and Pau would still be falling apart.

But it wouldn't have mattered as much.

Shit a LB Laker team might be the scariest of all if 76er/Det Larry showed up

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
No you wouldn't. :p

Yes I would have.... easily. That's only 3/4 years out of my life. I went 5 years without the Houston Oilers (Stopped watching the NFL) and I survived.

Pau was to be the main man on the team... that whiny bitch. I'm not sure wtf Morey was thinking, but I'm glad it blew up.

Blackace

Instead of cheers someone would get an ear bitten off if Pau attempted a 3.

=| but it is what it is.

Nah, I have the 87/88 Lakers and the 99/00 Lakers

I just don't understand how you look at this roster and think Mike D outside of the flimsy Nash connection

Matrix

''I thought we had the better team,'' World Peace said. ''We definitely had the better team, but every night we have the better team and it's just not translating to wins.''"

Royce Whites father.

Mental illness :(

Forcing Brown to give up on the Princeton offense and letting him tool around when Nash got back was a better option than hiring Dantoni.

That sentence made me dry heave.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yes I would have.... easily. That's only 3/4 years out of my life. I went 5 years without the Houston Oilers and I survived.

Pau was to be the main man on the team... that whiny bitch. I'm not sure wtf Morey was thinking, but I'm glad it blew up.

I can't blame you I guess. My Marbury years were grueling. I removed sports sites from bookmarks because I didn't want to know their record. I just quit following them entirely. I also wanted to smash a brick in Isiah's face. So there was the rage component too.

Matrix

I can't blame you I guess. My Marbury years were grueling. I removed sports sites from bookmarks because I didn't want to know their record. I just quit following them entirely. I also wanted to smash a brick in Isiah's face. So there was the rage component too.

Oh I believe that. Ive seen your rage on facebook even now when you have a decent team and they lose one lol

If they somehow figure it out and squeak into the playoffs shit could get real. But like you said, there's not too much reason to believe that will happen.

Either way, worst cause scenario Lakers start from scratch in 2014. There are worse positions to be in. We also have a more than likely chance to retain Dwight, Dwight and a mostly clean slate...future is still there.

Just got watch this thing burn for the time being

tumblr_m84jk6kQY71rbr3gdo2_250.gif

Might as well stop watching them until 2014, right?

Blackace

Zeke would have flipped ya

Flippedyaforeal

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Fuck the "the bench is killing them" talk:

Price, Barton, Pavlovic, Babbitt, Leonard, Freeland, Nolan, Claver, Jeffries

Top Bottom