• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

balddemon

Banned
Man fuck this morning shift. Nothing interesting on GAF right now that I haven't replied to. Might have to do some actual work. nba.com videos load up too slowly. Any good basketball blogs I can read?

diehard

Fleer
Man fuck this morning shift. Nothing interesting on GAF right now that I haven't replied to. Might have to do some actual work. nba.com videos load up too slowly. Any good basketball blogs I can read?
Ball don't lie .. Google it.

DY don't troll too hard when the Bobcats win tonight ok ?

Doug Collins is afraid to talk about the Sixers not getting to the line (14.7 attempts/gm vs 19.2 makes/gm for opponents in the last 15 games) because he doesn't want to get fined. If you're not going to stick up for your guys, why should they play hard for you?

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm the only D-Will champion here.

Is he playing PF?

Mix of 3 and 4.

He isn't driving as much anymore. I think he finally admitted that he can't. But he's been shooting really well, and I finally think he deserves to be out there, at least, given the Wolves shooting woes.

Yeah, other than Kyrie Shabazz is the best scorer to come out of college since Durant.

Edit: his handles are a work in progress, but Shabazz is a great off the ball scorer. And in the era of ball dominant points guards we're currently in that's a great ability to have, it means he can adapt and fit in well for a lot of different teams. Our bigs suck something fierce, but if get the top spot I want us to take Shabazz.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Before December 10, Harden + Lin on the floor together were -4.4 points per 100 possessions.

+13.8 points per 100 in the games since then.

DAT CHEMISTRY. ROCKETS GONNA CHIP.

Still blows my mind the Wiz turned down Harden for Beal.

I still don't think that deal was true. Simply put the kicker for OKC was getting an asset that could potentially grow into a Harden like player in the future while also getting an asset that could replace him for the current and near future playoff runs (Kevin Martin).

We had Beal to give but had absolutely nothing to offer them in terms of a Kevin Martin or a quality scorer, and OKC would be forfeiting the chip for the next couple of years without that.

KingGondo

Banned
I still don't think that deal was true. Simply put the kicker for OKC was getting an asset that could potentially grow into a Harden like player in the future while also getting an asset that could replace him for the current and near future playoff runs (Kevin Martin).

We had Beal to give but had absolutely nothing to offer them in terms of a Kevin Martin or a quality scorer.
I do think there were discussions at the very least. The other rumor was a trade to Phoenix for Gortat, Dudley, and a pick/picks.

I'm actually pretty happy with what we got in return, although I'd be lying if it doesn't sting a bit when I watch the Rox and see him dominating.

Smokey

I just looked at upcoming FA class...Morey is gonna overpay Millsap or Josh Smith isn't he..Millsap would be nice tho

They have max money...but really CP3 is the only one worth that who will be available and he ain't goin anywhere. Dwight lol

the thing is, the point of a pick is you hope that a player can develop into a beast...but whats the point if you already have a beast? It's completely about getting out of paying a guy.

And this draft is trash outside of Bazz

Obviously his game doesn't mesh fully with Durant's, he needs the ball a lot to reach his potential. This way they can go after a big.

Plus, the new tax rules are going to be really punishing, a team like them may not be able to afford it. I can't blame them for not wanting to lock their entire salary cap up in 3 players. Two scoring options and a bunch of role players who fit together well would be more effective.

I just looked at upcoming FA class...Morey is gonna overpay Millsap or Josh Smith the max isn't he

They have max money...but really CP3 is the only one worth that who will be available and he ain't goin anywhere. Dwight lolz

Smith would make the Rockets pretty interesting.

I just looked at upcoming FA class...Morey is gonna overpay Millsap or Josh Smith isn't he

They have max money...but really CP3 is the only one worth that who will be available and he ain't goin anywhere. Dwight lol

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Asik

Not too shabby.

Yeah, I think both the Thunder and Rockets did well in that trade. I doubt either side regrets it. If Martin doesn't resign though and Lamb busts the story might turn out a little different.

KingGondo

Banned
the thing is, the point of a pick is you hope that a player can develop into a beast...but whats the point if you already have a beast? It's completely about getting out of paying a guy.

And this draft is trash outside of Bazz
Even if we had paid Harden what was supposedly on the table ($52 million is the conservative estimate), it would have severely hamstrung us for the future. And I'm not just talking about Perk, I'm talking about being able to sign that mid-range free agent, sign a quality backup PG, etc. when guys like Perk and Collison retire/move on.

Presti decided that Ibaka's value was higher at the $12 million mark than Harden's was at a max deal for our team. I'm not saying Harden isn't (and won't continue to be) a better player, but the Thunder are one of the few franchises that has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to guys who can score, get to the rim, and get fouled.

Ibaka is justifying the trust Presti put in him (his numbers and efficiency are up across the board, and he's now a top 4 starting PF in PER), and now we can possibly afford to keep Kevin Martin and add more young talent with a probable top 10 pick (and this completely ignores the fact that we also got Lamb). Not a bad deal.

just thought about how creepy this months thread title looks if you dont know what you need to know to get it. fuck, even if you do get it, its still creepy.

Yeah now that I look at it Smith would probably be great in this system. That team would be pretty entertaining.

I wonder if the Hawks would accept a trade of Asik for Smith if it seemed like Smith would leave in the off-season.

Setting up a persuading argument for Dwight to come to Houson

Lin
Harden
Parsons
Smith
Dwight

Hm.

Pimpwerx

all the Laker related avatar's are dieing out.

pretty expected

They've completely disavowed knowledge of their team's shitty existence. They'll be back in force when the Blakenator returns. Then their title run officially begins. The league has been put on notice. PEACE.

linsivvi

just thought about how creepy this months thread title looks if you dont know what you need to know to get it. fuck, even if you do get it, its still creepy.

2013 Jan NBA Season |OT| Building Franchises on Hope.

They've completely disavowed knowledge of their team's shitty existence. They'll be back in force when the Blakenator returns. Then their title run officially begins. The league has been put on notice. PEACE.

I see 8 members of Lakers age posting in this page (100 posts) alone. If you're gonna troll at least stick to half-truths.

Flash

I really like Asik at starting center. Get a scoring PF and some scoring of the bench and I think Houston can go far. They got a nice core with Harden, Asik and Lin.

I don't like Howard because his clown personality is just way too much.

thekad

Banned
Yeah now that I look at it Smith would probably be great in this system. That team would be pretty entertaining.
I don't think that team is good enough to actually contend for a title. That Dark Faze variant though... But I wouldn't trade for Asik for Smith on the off chance Dwight might find our team more appealing.

Top Bottom