• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WojYahooNBA
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

KingGondo

Banned
Surely Jabari Parker is coming out next year too, right?
I would assume so.

I honestly don't follow the draft much, since I haven't had much reason to for the last 3 years. I'm only kinda paying attention this year because of the Toronto pick.

jbug617 said:
Kings are about to be sold to a Seattle based group head by Ballmer.
Congrats Seattle fans, sorry Kings fans.

jbug617

Banned
Kings could be moved to Seattle next season and play in the Key Arena. Plan is to play there or 2 yrs before moving to a new arena.

WojYahooNBA
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

Ahh man that sucks :(

Samurai give me your contact info. Next time I am in Sac we can go to Shoki's and get drunk on Saki and Noodle bowls.

KingGondo

Banned
I think you have those reversed.
Ba-dum *tish*

What a terrible franchise though. Hopefully Ballmer will put somebody good in charge to resurrect the franchise like Presti.

But damn, the cupboard is bare. Bad team, weird roster, no surefire stars in the next draft...

Rodeo Clown said:
They should realign the divisions to put Seattle in the Northwest.
But then who gets moved into the Pacific? I guess OKC fits there as well as they fit in the Northwest.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ba-dum *tish*

What a terrible franchise though. Hopefully Ballmer will put somebody good in charge to resurrect the franchise like Presti.

But damn, the cupboard is bare. Bad team, weird roster, no surefire stars in the next draft...

But then who gets moved into the Pacific? I guess OKC fits there as well as they fit in the Northwest.

Just imagine if Ballmer runs the Kings like he runs Microsoft.

Ain't nobody gonna be happy.

KingGondo

Banned
The Maloofs won, BTW.

The Sonics sold to Bennett's group for $350 million, which was rightly considered a lot at the time.

The Maloofs got $500 million for a franchise Forbes valued at $300 million in 2012.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It sucks for Kings fans, and here's my bias talking -- and the fact that this doesn't sound like a shady fucking deal -- I have to wonder:

1) The Kings were going nowhere with the Maloofs at the helm
2) It's one less team in Cali (good thing) and one more team in the NW (great thing)

DominoKid

i hope they bring the jerseys from this set back instead of making new ones.

i6qokzdPzq9S1.jpg

:p

The Maloofs won, BTW.

The Sonics sold to Bennett's group for $350 million, which was rightly considered a lot at the time.

The Maloofs got $500 million for a franchise Forbes valued at $300 million in 2012.

Damn Maloofs, screw an entire city/area out of a franchise just because they're too damn cheap to pay a small fee that they agreed to pay anyways. And then they end up making out like bandits at the end...

Good to see Seattle get a team back though.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The Maloofs won, BTW.

They'll be a lot more valuable in Seattle than Sacramento. Especially after they move into the new arena.

KingGondo

Banned
They'll be a lot more valuable in Seattle than Sacramento. Especially after they move into the new arena.
Sure, but there are only 3 teams in the league with a value of $500 million or more: the Bulls, Knicks, and Lakers.

Seattle's a big city, but probably not big enough to make that kind of investment a surefire win (although obviously there are considerations other than money with this kind of purchase).

Plus the team will probably be really bad for the foreseeable future, which could dampen enthusiasm.

Sure, but there are only 3 teams in the league with a value of $500 million or more: the Bulls, Knicks, and Lakers.

Seattle's a big city, but probably not big enough to make that kind of investment a surefire win (although obviously there are considerations other than money with this kind of purchase).

Plus the team will probably be really bad for the foreseeable future, which could dampen enthusiasm.

They still have Tyreke and Cousins. : |

I don't care if the Clippers win 5 championships. They will never be this great city of ours team.

Never. They are leaches. And will always play like the name on the front, not on the back!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom