• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

KingGondo

Banned
They still have Tyreke and Cousins. : |
I rest my case.

SonicsGate said:
Our hearts go out to the loyal Sacramento Kings fans. We know how this feels. We wish there was a way for both cities to have @NBA teams.
Speaking from experience, it's OK to be excited--but it's also best not to say anything to the fans from the area the team is leaving. The feelings are too raw.

At least the Thunder will be able to play without annoying "SEATTLE DRAFTED DURANT" signs at every Blazers game, or Sonics fans at the Finals in Miami, etc.

I rest my case.

Speaking from experience, it's OK to be excited--but it's also best not to say anything to the fans from the area the team is leaving. The feelings are too raw.

At least the Thunder will be able to play without annoying "SEATTLE DRAFTED DURANT" signs at every Blazers game, or Sonics fans at the Finals in Miami, etc.

You can try and be as civil as possible but fuck OKC.

DominoKid

i still wish the Kings could've somehow ended up in Virginia Beach just to see the absolute shitshow that would occur after unleashing Big Cuz & Tyreke on Hampton Roads

KingGondo

Banned
Seattle can use Supersonics but don't get the history correct?

Fuck OKC.
From Wikipedia:
The OKC team would retain the franchise history of the SuperSonics, which could be "shared" with any future NBA team in Seattle. The team moved to Oklahoma City immediately and announced it would begin play in the 2008–09 season.
For the record, there's no championship banner hanging in the Thunder's arena.

Yet. :p

KingGondo

Banned
The fuck was the point of 'sharing' Seattle's history?
Dunno what that means. It's just a wikipedia article, there's probably some legal rationale behind it, and there are also probably rules to the use of the history of the Sonics.

After all, it does hold some degree of monetary value. The franchise can still technically claim an NBA title, just like the Lakers claim the Minnesota titles.

Also:

DailyThunder said:
Clay Bennett owns the SuperSonics name and logo, but under the settlement, agreed to turn it over to a new Seattle owner at no cost.

What a charitable fellow!

The fuck was the point of 'sharing' Seattle's history?
Just in case Durant was a burst they have something to brag about. They don't have to worry about that no more having a championship contender.

Looks like it's a done deal. I guess we have a team again, i want to see how crazy dmc is in real life. Must get opening day tickets.

Unless you regularly attend games I'd consider this a good thing as a Kings fan, you're finally rid of your shit owners and might actually make the needed moves to be decent again.

I still feel for you though Samurai. I stopped watching the NBA after Shinn moved the Hornets, so I know what your pain feels like.

From Wikipedia:

Seattle owns all the original banners, the OKC ownership team made copies before they left town.

As excited I am about getting a team back in Seattle, I really feel for Sacramento fans. It hurt when we had our team taken away, so I can't gloat.

bluemax

Banned
From Wikipedia:

So fucking dumb. Gary Payton didn't set all those records wearing puke blue and orange.

Also, I really feel bad for Sacramento fans. This isn't how I wanted the NBA to return to Seattle. I've been living in LA for over 10 years now and I watched all those Lakers runs earlier in the decade and saw how dedicated the Sacramento fans were. I really feel for them.

KingGondo

Banned
So fucking dumb. Gary Payton didn't set all those records wearing puke blue and orange.
I for one have never puked anything like the Thunder's colors. In fact, green and yellow are far more puke-like than orange and blue.

Also, I really feel bad for Sacramento fans. This isn't how I wanted the NBA to return to Seattle.
That's the only way it was going to happen. The NBA isn't expanding anytime soon.

So Hansen/Ballmer are supposedly buying the team for $500 million (valued at $300 million). Two years at the Key starting in 2013/2014 season before moving to the new arena.

Strange with the timing, seeing how the Hawks are in the middle of a playoff run. KIRO and KJR don't know which one to focus on!

thankfully Presti fucked up and traded away an MVP for Kevin Martin

after Durant leaves and joins the Clippers and Clay Bennet loses all his money for being an asshole the Sacramento Thunder can finally arrive

bluemax

Banned
I for one have never puked anything like the Thunder's colors. In fact, green and yellow are far more puke-like than orange and blue.

That's the only way it was going to happen. The NBA isn't expanding anytime soon.

Green and gold are majestic colors. The Thunders colors are something out of the Arena Football League.

KingGondo

Banned
Green and gold are majestic colors. The Thunders colors are something out of the Arena Football League.
New-Seahawks-Uniform.jpg

FWIW I like the Seahawks unis

You're new to the world of billionaires, aren't you?

Your arena is sponsored by a pyramid scheme.

You know the guy that helped Clay moved the Sonics to OKC went bankrupt right after? Billionaire are the same as millionaires and other people. They invest just with a larger bankroll. Paul Allen has lost like 10+ billion in stupid investment.

so t-wolves gaf due to the recent issues with RGIII I have to ask how does Rubio look after his ACL recovery? He wasn't exactly explosive before but is his knee giving him any problems this year? What has he said about it?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
so t-wolves gaf due to the recent issues with RGIII I have to ask how does Rubio look after his ACL recovery? He wasn't exactly explosive before but is his knee giving him any problems this year? What has he said about it?

He's having back issues.

Why are you asking about Rubio? You should be asking about D Rose. Rubio doesn't rely on athleticism.

i still wish the Kings could've somehow ended up in Virginia Beach just to see the absolute shitshow that would occur after unleashing Big Cuz & Tyreke on Hampton Roads

there's no way cousins doesn't die in newport news or something on some random friday night, glad they didn't come because I want them to actually live lives and shit

Can't wait for the Kings to finally start getting top 3 picks now. Their Nerlens Noel-Jabari Parker (since the Magic and Raptors have to get #1 for the next two years but the New Sonics can grab #2) future could be alright in Seattle.

Can't wait for the Kings to finally start getting top 3 picks now. Their Nerlens Noel-Jabari Parker (since the Magic and Raptors have to get #1 for the next two years but the New Sonics can grab #2) future could be alright in Seattle.

If that happens the league will have successfully morphed itself into a basketball parody of the WWE.

Also the first game between Seattle and OKC is going to be epic, must watch tv. The Thunder better bring body guards.

Top Bottom