• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Gondo frankly you have a lot of nerve to revel in solace of the fact that the Sonicsgate people wont put up a banner at Blazers games; incredibly selfish on your part

This is a great fanbase that actually had an arena deal on the table that's losing a team. That's fucking garbage.

it's not like the Laker fanbase of idiot simpletons who boo Phil Jackson

so t-wolves gaf due to the recent issues with RGIII I have to ask how does Rubio look after his ACL recovery? He wasn't exactly explosive before but is his knee giving him any problems this year? What has he said about it?
He's slower than last year, and hasn't really played all that well unless he's coming off a few days of rest. One thing I would say is just be patient with RGIII. He will most likely not be his full self until the start of the season after next. Unless Griffin has the crazy healing powers of AP, next year should be about just getting back into the flow of things.

Of course I'm not sure how different football and basketball are movement wise, so maybe it's easier to come back from in football.

RR's knee hasn't given him any problems but he has had some back spasms and general fatigue issues.

Vahagn

Gondo frankly you have a lot of nerve to revel in solace of the fact that the Sonicsgate people wont put up a banner at Blazers games; incredibly selfish on your part

This is a great fanbase that actually had an arena deal on the table that's losing a team. That's fucking garbage.

it's not like the Laker fanbase of idiot simpletons who boo Phil Jackson

I know that the entire national fanbase of the Orlando Magic could fit into the Amway Arena...but not so for the Lakers. Lakers have the most rabid fan base in the league, the ticket prices are so high however that Laker Games have traditionally been attended by well-off people who are going to see a show instead of the fan base that can't afford season tickets. That plus our "lights out" lighting makes it hard to see any of the fans past the 100 section.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - whydafuckisamagicfantalkingfanbases.

Vahagn

Rubio is one of the few people I've seen in the league who can move his feet side to side and stay with a D Rose or a Westbrook at full speed. His lateral quickness is sneaky fast, and everything I've heard about knee Injuries is they affect this kind of motion.

I know that the entire national fanbase of the Orlando Magic could fit into the Amway Arena...but not so for the Lakers. Lakers have the most rabid fan base in the league, the ticket prices are so high however that Laker Games have traditionally been attended by well-off people who are going to see a show instead of the fan base that can't afford season tickets. That plus our "lights out" lighting makes it hard to see any of the fans past the 100 section.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - whydafuckisamagicfantalkingfanbases.

i said nothing about the size of the Laker fanbase just that it's mostly comprised of clowns who don't know anything such as yourself and Cloving

btw, have you learned how defensive rating works yet

Nori Chan

So you're telling me the top 5 picks will be.

1. Toronto
2. New Orleans
3. Seattle
4.Washington
5.Charlotte

and then l.a at 6?

im okay with that as dy gets trolled as bad as we do

rando14

Hey guys what's going on...

Kings are about to be sold to a Seattle based group head by Ballmer.

WojYahooNBA
The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.

OH MY GOD SEATTLES GETTING A TEAM AGAIN IS THIS REAL LIFE

wait a minute

Kings are about to be sold to a Seattle based group

ibg4VktjpHnYTw.gif

He's slower than last year, and hasn't really played all that well unless he's coming off a few days of rest. One thing I would say is just be patient with RGIII. He will most likely not be his full self until the start of the season after next. Unless Griffin has the crazy healing powers of AP, next year should be about just getting back into the flow of things.

Of course I'm not sure how different football and basketball are movement wise, so maybe it's easier to come back from in football.

RR's knee hasn't given him any problems but he has had some back spasms and general fatigue issues.

theres more lateral movement in basketball

dubc35

Conservatively stoked for SuperSonics return. I hope it goes through. That said, goddamn, sorry Kings fans. :( If anyone can say we know how you feel it's Sonics fans. I guess the only saving grace in the end is that it wasn't done behind closed doors in an "every attempt to keep the team in Seattle" Clay Bennett shitfest. Fuck that guy....see I'm still bitter.

Vahagn

i said nothing about the size of the Laker fanbase just that it's mostly comprised of clowns who don't know anything such as yourself and Cloving

btw, have you learned how defensive rating works yet

So you're definition of "don't know anything" is lack of command of advanced stats? You haven't, once, said anything insightful about the game Of basketball on this thread. The only guy with a working knowledge of advanced stats is IWMTB and Mamba - and both those guys get challenged on half the assertions they make.

Conservatively stoked for SuperSonics return. I hope it goes through. That said, goddamn, sorry Kings fans. :( If anyone can say we know how you feel it's Sonics fans. I guess the only saving grace in the end is that it wasn't done behind closed doors in an "every attempt to keep the team in Seattle" Clay Bennett shitfest. Fuck that guy....see I'm still bitter.

I still can't believe anyone bought Bennet's "we want to keep the Sonics in Seattle" line when he bought the team.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Glad to see the Sonics will be back but at the cost of the Sacramento losing their team sucks. City definitely deserves one. Guessing the Pelicans will eventually move over since NO gives zero fucks about basketball.

rando14

Glad to see the Sonics will be back but at the cost of the Sacramento losing their team sucks. City definitely deserves one. Guessing the Pelicans will eventually move over since NO gives zero fucks about basketball.

Agreed, sorry Sacramento. Hornets should move there.

it sucks for Sacramento fans, but let's be real. Sacramento was a poor choice for an NBA team.

The NBA needs to be in towns where it can still be profitable even when they suck. Seattle isn't the best market since it's a bit saturated given its size, but it's better than Anaheim.

Still too many teams, though.

Flash

lol Raptors ain't getting the number 1 pick next year. BC is going to go all in on his plan to make us a perrenial 8th seed treadmill team

Pkaz01

So you're telling me the top 5 picks will be.

1. Toronto
2. New Orleans
3. Seattle
4.Washington
5.Charlotte

and then l.a at 6?

im okay with that as dy gets trolled as bad as we do
Why would la be ahead of phx? Even if they had their pick they wouldnt be at 6

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
The prospective Seattle ownership plans are to change the Kings' name and logos back to the original proprietors of the city's NBA history: the Sonics. "Same name and logos," a source working with the group told Y! Sports.

This is weird. What happens to the 60+ years of Royals/Kings history?

Top Bottom