• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

So karma caught up with Donald Sterling's son.
ibdiA0eqSdwd6z.gif

The offense is not the problem, it's the defense that's not there.
you guys need melo to score 40 every night.
woah

I, you know, am very close to the police chief in Beverly Hills . . . . So I'm very close to the Police Department, and I want to cooperate as much as possible."
[...]
"One day you will meet me in the course of things," Sterling said. "I'm so active in the community."

"Oh, I'm sure I will," Hopkins replied.

"You know Baca [Lee Baca, sheriff of Los Angeles County]?" Sterling asks. "I went with Baca to dinner the other night, and I'm close to Parks [Los Angeles Police Chief Bernard Parks]. I'm just very involved with the Police Department."

Sterling continued: "I wish that you'd give me a little advice. One day in life you're gonna be passing through, and you may need a lawyer to give you good, honest advice."

"Yeah, well . . . ." Hopkins responded.

"And I'm that lawyer," Sterling said. "Donald Sterling, on the corner of Wilshire and Beverly Drive."

KingGondo

Banned
I do believe that Donald Sterling is the most loathsome owner of a professional sports franchise in the US, and I'm sure his son didn't fall far from the tree.

But that was still uncalled for.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
talking about dead kids is classy as fuck

i hate racism as much as the next black guy but geez

Cloudy

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53187/is-kobe-right-are-the-lakers-too-old

The Lakers' offensive efficiency can also be linked to pace, as they have been more efficient offensively with a slower pace under D’Antoni. They’ve scored more than 100 points per 100 possessions in each of their 10 games under D’Antoni with a pace of 95 or lower.

Their six most inefficient offensive performances have come in games with 96 or more possessions, while their four most efficient offensive performances have come in games with 95 or fewer possessions.

Lakers Record by Possessions With Mike D’Antoni as Head Coach

100+ 2-6
96-99 0-3
95 or less 8-2

I want to know what the NBA average is and what we did last year under Mike Brown before I buy into this. Anyone have those numbers?

I do think we play way too fast for most of our roster though. I would also guess that Kobe and Dwight take the most shots in a slow-paced game. This run and gun crap ends up with guys like Metta taking too many shots

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
wow i had no idea sterling's son was a scumbag.... but hey like somebody else said the apple don't fall far from the tree.

The offense is not the problem, it's the defense that's not there.

Also with the knicks its the fact that when the 3's aren't hitting they don't automatically go into defense 1st mode. Thats why they keep getting close. Somewhere in the 4th they decide to play defense and start coming back but its always too late. I understand why they feel they have the advantage in the 4th the deepness of their roster usually means the knicks have the fresher legs but its too late to be mounting comebacks.

wow i had no idea sterling's son was a scumbag.... but hey like somebody else said the apple don't fall far from the tree.

Also with the knicks its the fact that when the 3's aren't hitting they don't automatically go into defense 1st mode. Thats why they keep getting close. Somewhere in the 4th they decide to play defense and start coming back but its always too late. I understand why they feel they have the advantage in the 4th the deepness of their roster usually means the knicks have the fresher legs but its too late to be mounting comebacks.

They missed a lot wide open looks yesterday.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I'm pretty sure the last time the Wolves won in Utah was when Jonny Flynn hit the game winner.

This is the kind of trivial information you remember when your team is trash for so long.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I remember the Spurs losing in Milwaukee on a tip in with .2 left on the clock. That had to be 5 years ago.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/53187/is-kobe-right-are-the-lakers-too-old

I want to know what the NBA average is and what we did last year under Mike Brown before I buy into this. Anyone have those numbers?

I do think we play way too fast for most of our roster though. I would also guess that Kobe and Dwight take the most shots in a slow-paced game. This run and gun crap ends up with guys like Metta taking too many shots

D'antoni has our 7 footer taking threes instead of posting up. We take the third most 3 point attempts in the league. That is a recipe for a fast paced game in which the opposing teams gets run outs and exposes our old and shitty transition d. Fuck Mike D'antoni.

Maybe they should stop chucking jumpers and take it inside.
who's supposed to take it inside? your guards can't do that. Kidd is too old and Brewer isn't an NBA player/worthless. Novak is a worse version of mike miller's corpse. Amare is recovering, only guys that can take it inside are Melo,Copeland and i guess tyson.

so basically just Melo.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
holy shit

NBA Jam is on some bullshit

You have to play the Magic where regular dunks are 3 points and crazy dunks are worth 4 points.

The CPU uses Dwight and Shaq so they can basically block any dunk you try.

I thought the Heat was bad >_>

edit: hahahahaha Heat beat me 23-2 in a 3 minute game

FUCK

Top Bottom