• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The whole kyrie wont be a star narrative is just lost on me.

I shat bricks when i saw his highlights.

I feared for the future of UNC and I rarely feel like that. Luckily he got hurt...i prayed for that shit because we had NO shot of beating duke w/ kyrie healthy.

Duke may have had a perfect season if he stayed healthy

Duke may have had a perfect season if he stayed healthy

Perfect or not, that team would have been dramatically different. Oh well, it didn't pan out, but Duke stole* one the year before so I can't complain.

----
* They earned it on the court, but was clearly not the best Duke team to ever win a title. But they got it done when it counted.

The whole kyrie wont be a star narrative is just lost on me.

I shat bricks when i saw his highlights. I know a star when i see one.

I feared for the future of UNC and I rarely feel like that. Luckily he got hurt...i prayed for that shit because we had NO shot of beating duke w/ kyrie healthy.

Unfortunately for Portland it gave Nolan Smith an opportunity to mint some fool's gold.

PBY

Banned
Perfect or not, that team would have been dramatically different. Oh well, it didn't pan out, but Duke stole* one the year before so I can't complain.

----
* They earned it on the court, but was clearly not the best Duke team to ever win a title. But they got it done when it counted.

Was about to go ham, who gives a fuck if it was our best squad. One of the craziest nights of my life

DY_nasty

Gaddang.Did i Konex the celtics? What is going on? :(

The Celtics always sucked. They just play in the East.

They've been complete trash whenever KG leaves the court, Pierce is the new old Tmac, Rondo is absolutely meaningless for most games despite godlike stats, and their frontcourt is terrible.

Emwitus

pick up a third team

Despite my tag, i'm only a fan of two teams, not the most logical of teams, but hey.

The Celtics always sucked. They just play in the East.

They've been complete trash whenever KG leaves the court, Pierce is the new old Tmac, Rondo is absolutely meaningless for most games despite godlike stats, and their frontcourt is terrible.

True unfortunately. I was atleast hoping they'd hang on defense but their rebounding is atrocious. They should make a play for pau....I ain't kidding.

Gaddang.Did i Konex the celtics? What is going on? :(

You spent your cap space on Jeff Green and you're paying Pierce like he's still a top 25 player. I'll be surprised if you don't find a way to make the playoffs. You might be able to take down the Knicks because they're mentally weak, but that's as far as you're going. If you get the Bulls, Pacers, or Heat in the first round you're done.

KingGondo

Banned
I was so happy when we traded Jeff Gomes to Boston.

Ibaka was sitting on the bench while he played 35+ minutes per game at PF and got 2-3 rebounds.

Emwitus

stay true to yourself, rick fox

c480x270_56.jpg

This is my gameface, i always stay true.

exarkun

I neverrrrr watch the bucks (maybe two or three games in like a month). How has he been this season? I know his stats on most nights are pretty decent, but I always thought he was a chucker who played decent defense. That, and the fact that he has been jockying with Monta for offensive ball possession.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still can't believe Ainge chose to destroy the Celtics' main weapon (size) halfway through a season in which they were poised to win another title, just for Green, and he thought an aging and hobbled Shaq would save them.

fertygo

Ibaka was sitting on the bench while he played 35+ minutes per game at PF and got 2-3 rebounds.

How bad Scott Brooks are when Presti need to sabotage the team to make Harden and Ibaka playing, he need to do it again for get rid Perkins.

To be fair, Irving's jumper being as ridiculous as it is couldn't really be determined from a 13 game sample.

His touch around the rim was also not really known since he just went for foul calls all the time.

That early 2nd rounder from us this year could be valuable too, it was a great trade by Presti. I hate Mullens, but I'll admit he's probably worth a 2nd round pick so I guess it worked out for us too.

pilonv1

Still not sold on Kyrie being a pure point guard, he has some nasty Monta like habits. But he's an incredibly good guard and has the tools to be a great pure point.

Still not sold on Kyrie being a pure point guard, he has some nasty Monta like habits. But he's an incredibly good guard and has the tools to be a great pure point.

He doesn't have to be a pure point.

As long as he doesn't get some of Monta's swagball habits, he should be fine. Rose isn't a pure point either, neither is YNB.

That's where the league is going...for better or worse

Canuck76

Banned
You spent your cap space on Jeff Green and you're paying Pierce like he's still a top 25 player. I'll be surprised if you don't find a way to make the playoffs. You might be able to take down the Knicks because they're mentally weak, but that's as far as you're going. If you get the Bulls, Pacers, or Heat in the first round you're done.

Against the heat, 7 games last year. 7 games.

I'm not saying they make the ECF, but who would have thought they'd be game 7 in the ECF last year?

I'm not putting anything by them.

pilonv1

He doesn't have to be a pure point.

As long as he doesn't get some of Monta's swagball habits, he should be fine. Rose isn't a pure point either, neither is YNB.

That's where the league is going...for better or worse

He's already a better point than YNB. Rose is a good comparison, but he's a better shooter and not as athletic.

You can see that he's a good passer, but he gets that tunnel vision going to the hoop too often.

Doug has no fucks left to give.

Go home Doug...I'll understand.

He's already a better point than YNB. Rose is a good comparison, but he's a better shooter and not as athletic.

You can see that he's a good passer, but he gets that tunnel vision going to the hoop too often.

That probably has a lot to do with the collective dookie he's been surrounded with too.

Against the heat, 7 games last year. 7 games.

I'm not saying they make the ECF, but who would have thought they'd be game 7 in the ECF last year?

I'm not putting anything by them.

They beat the Hawks without Horford and nearly got taken out by the 8 seed Sixers, I was not impressed. The Heat would have swept them if Bosh was healthy.

They beat the Hawks without Horford and nearly got taken out by the 8 seed Sixers, I was not impressed. The Heat would have swept them if Bosh was healthy.

I dont like this argument, cause Boston was missing Bradley, their best perimeter defender. "if they had a healthy Bosh"...well he did knock down 5 threes in that one game to dagger them. he wasnt invisible out there.

DY_nasty

I dont like this argument, cause Boston was missing Bradley, their best perimeter defender.

Wade was a bitch all throughout the playoffs. Its not like it would've mattered because they couldn't rely on Wade consistently at all.

Top Bottom