• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Omega

Banned
i would say do it just to get rid of crawford.

a million guards with 1 pf/c and another center who is never going to play

this reminded me that i joined some random espn league that i haven't paid attention to, and somehow I'm 9-0. people are awful at fantasy.

masud

Banned
Why would you make that trade? Conley is worthless, Gortat will produce much less than Duncan and Nash's numbers are going to go up. Ibaka is nice but not that nice

Lol Conley is a top 25 fantasy player, 3 threes 2.5 steals 7 assists a game. And Duncan is gonna be injured/resting during fantasy playoffs just like always.

SamuraiX-

That Bitch-Griff flop is one of the most shameless things I've ever seen on a basketball court.

No way getting your arm grabbed on take off makes your body twist in that kind of motion. The other player would have had to pull him down, which didn't happen at all.

Jeff-DSA

Fun game last night. Some of my dad's family is in town, so we got lower bowl tickets and watched AK's return.

But man, I always joke that Love hates playing defense, but last night it looked like he just hated playing basketball.

Man I haven't been able to watch the last two games but from the recaps it sounds like he Clippers have really shit the bed in both. Seems rather familiar to the 4 games in a row they lost earlier this season. No idea what triggered the streak but hope it can start up again since it was solid basketball.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That Bitch-Griff flop is one of the most shameless things I've ever seen on a basketball court.

No way getting your arm grabbed on take off makes your body twist in that kind of motion. The other player would have had to pull him down, which didn't happen at all.

lol please that was no flop... He is a flop master but from playing ball I can tell you you have very little leverage in the air

Jeff-DSA

Man I haven't been able to watch the last two games but from the recaps it sounds like he Clippers have really shit the bed in both. Seems rather familiar to the 4 games in a row they lost earlier this season. No idea what triggered the streak but hope it can start up again since it was solid basketball.

The streak began with a flop.

SamuraiX-

lol please that was no flop... He is a flop master but from playing ball I can tell you you have very little leverage in the air

A guy grabbing your arm is gonna make your head snap back and twist your body from being in a straight up posture to going straight horizontal in midair?

I fully understand that it doesn't take a lot to knock your balance off when you're in the air, but if a 6'10" 250 lb guy goes out like that from a hand on the wrist, literally every player in the league would be faceplanting into the ground from any kind of contact in the paint.

It was a flop. One of the most shameless ones in the history of the league.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, Blake definitely threw that leg to go into heliflopter mode.

Good work, CP3. You took one of the more entertaining and talented young players coming into the league and in two seasons you turned him into a joke.

Jeff-DSA

Kanter sprained his ankle late in the game last night and is doubtful for tomorrow. Lame.

Edit: And Mo will be out 6-8 weeks with surgery on his hand. Double lame.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
With the way the New York Knicks have laid down defensively over the past month, defensive sieve Amar'e Stoudemire should have no problems fitting in right away.

After an almost magical start to the season, the Knicks stumble into Thursday night's matchup against the San Antonio Spurs having lost five of their past eight games. But contrary to popular belief, their recent skid has little to do with their 3-point dependent offense coming up empty.

No, it has much more to do with the fact that they've taken the holidays off on the defensive end of the floor.

The inevitable regression to the mean should be a shock to exactly no one and the reports of the Knicks' death by 3-point shot have been greatly exaggerated.

In fact, the Knicks have shot 35.9 percent from beyond the arc during their slide since Dec. 6, a conversion rate that still ranks above the league average.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/PerDiem-130103/nba-new-york-knicks-legit-contenders

Off Rtg: 111.7 (2nd of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 106.3 (20th of 30)

THE KNICKS ARE BACK

Yeah, Blake definitely threw that leg to go into heliflopter mode.

Good work, CP3. You took one of the more entertaining and talented young players coming into the league and in two seasons you turned him into a joke.
Lol at this.

CP3 is probably the best thing to happen to Blake his career.

why you always so salty about da knicks doe. theyre like completely irrelevant to Portland or anything the Blazers do for 80 games of the season.

h3ro

why you always so salty about da knicks doe. theyre like completely irrelevant to Portland or anything the Blazers do for 80 games of the season.

If it wasn't for the unified hate of the knicks and knicks-age, this forum would be a cesspool of shoot it on my tits kobechu aminu no i mean animu and Itwasmeantobe's basketball stat posts.

So lolknicks away, everyone. You're welcome.

the entire Knicks roster is garbage

Knicks media hype is overshadowing what the Hawks (the better and more well rounded team) are doing in Atlanta but that franchise barely has fans anyway, lol.

anyway no shortage of joke teams in the league, including ones in large markets, like the Raps for the last decade.

Riggs

Banned
So fun not having a favorite team, I don't get involved in the fights here, well even if they are in good fun. (lol) Hrmmm I should choose favorite team though.

OkC GAf pretty hard at least.

Riggs

Banned

Bread

Banned
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...g-league-low-levels-kevin-180024184--nba.html

Celtics defense with KG on the court: 98.9 points allowed per 100 possessions
Celtics defense with KG on the bench: 114.2 points allowed per 100 possessions

It's kind of unbelievable. With KG on the court, they're the best defensive team in the league, with him off, maybe the worst in NBA history. That's unreal.
:(

it's going to be a real shame if they don't trade some young guys for a big to pair with KG. he deserves better than this.

Canuck76

Banned

They're just fun to hate. Knicks fans always love overrating their teams such a crap ton. Before last year they hadn't won a playoff game in a decade.

This is maybe the first time in 3 years that knicks fans have actually given them the correct amount of hype.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Knicks media hype is overshadowing what the Hawks (the better and more well rounded team) are doing in Atlanta but that franchise barely has fans anyway, lol.

anyway no shortage of joke teams in the league, including ones in large markets, like the Raps for the last decade.

Raps are the court jester of joke teams man.

Favorite team?

I'm speaking mostly of non-Clippers fans. I really, really liked Griffin before all the antics.

clippers obviously, but i'm no fan. i just like players not the franchises, i'm not american so i don't have any relationships with the locations the teams are in. plus this is just my third year watching.

rando14

Atlanta is probably one of the biggest underachievers in the whole damn league

I wasn't able to find a Fantasy basketball thread, but I need advice, and you are my go to guys.

8 team Head-Head, currently in 2nd

I get: Ibaka, Conley, Gorcat
I give: Duncan, Nash, Jordan Crawford

My team:
Jordan Crawford
Eric Gordon
Jrue Holiday
Lebron
Chandler Parsons
James Harden
Tim Duncan
Damian Lillard
Brandon Jennings
Jarret Jack
Nash
Derrick Rose
Andrew Bynum

Any suggestions? I figure that Crawford will lose time when Wall comes back and Duncan will play less as the season progresses.

MAKE THAT TRADE ASAP!

Top Bottom