• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

Jeff-DSA

Atlanta is probably one of the biggest underachievers in the whole damn league

Given the draft positioning they've had and some of the signings they've made, Portland should be more of a consistent team. They fizzled out way too quickly up there.

Riggs

Banned
clippers obviously, but i'm no fan. i just like players not the franchises, i'm not american so i don't have any relationships with the locations the teams are in. plus this is just my third year watching.

Look at me I am from MA and don't care for Celtics much except KG. Lived in Nashville TN for a while and I guess there is the grizzlies ...

Most my time in FL and hate the Magic. Feel like Satan rooting for the heat ... and now NBA GAf says clippers and Blake are the devil :(

I like the clippers and Blake, fuck it!

Omega

Banned
They're just fun to hate. Knicks fans always love overrating their teams such a crap ton. Before last year they hadn't won a playoff game in a decade.

This is maybe the first time in 3 years that knicks fans have actually given them the correct amount of hype.

no. people are still overhyping

i'm not sure if knicks age has toned down their hype but outside of gaf everyone seems to think we're a legitimate title contender.

we might get out of the first round but not farther. unless there's a drastic change in standings, we're playing Milwaukee/Nets first round and either of those two + Hawks in the second.

We can't rebound and rely way too much on threes/Melo. both are recipes for disaster in the playoffs. we also can't defend guards, so Monta/Jennings going off for 75 combined each game

why you always so salty about da knicks doe. theyre like completely irrelevant to Portland or anything the Blazers do for 80 games of the season.

This thread wouldn't even be in the first page if there was no Knicks-age and Lakers-age.
Knicks media hype is overshadowing what the Hawks (the better and more well rounded team) are doing in Atlanta but that franchise barely has fans anyway, lol.

anyway no shortage of joke teams in the league, including ones in large markets, like the Raps for the last decade.

It's like a home game for The Knicks when they step foot into the Highlight Factory. Atlanta sports has always been irrelevant.

rando14

?

Outside of Josh Smith shooting too much, I don't see a single area where they could be called underachieving.

I meant as a team for the last few years. Great players, solid coaches in Woodson and Drew, good records. Lost in first rd last year. Solid 600 team that hasnt passed the semis yet.

edit: gotta give props though for dumping JJ's gargantuan deal, excellent move

i hated the resigning of Novak in the first place but these numbers prove he shouldn't even be playing.

James White/Copeland can't possibly be worse than him on either side of the ball.

Fuck woodson for giving this guy minutes off of last years success.

He couldn't grab the defensive board at the final seconds of the Kings game and after they got a second opportunity he gambles for the steal.

Well damn haha, NBA jams computers still cheat
I'm on fire and the threes don't go in but odom(lolakers edition) runs backwards and fades away and swishes it

For a free game it's fun, dat ps+

Skyrim is pretty good, BEST-GAF more accurate than GAF again.

I do wish that the dialog in the game was interesting in the slightest though. Makes going into a town kind of painful.

Still has a ton of cool stuff in the environments and cool stories there.

rando14

I do wish that the dialog in the game was interesting in the slightest though. Makes going into a town kind of painful.

playing on PC or console? if PC there are some great mods

That game has too much stuff man. I played it for nearly 100 hours and haven't beaten the main quest or visited two of the major cities yet.

Skyrim has 2 major problems:

1. Terribad combat

2. Lack of any characters that have any real lasting interest or relationship with the character. The next game desperately needs to take a page out of Biowares book in this regard.

Riggs

Banned
I know he's as raw as they come, but why in the fuck aren't the Celtics playing Fab Melo. The dumb fucker concused himself walking through a door, but who the hell else do they have that's better?

Haha ya he is in Dleagues right? No one else I think , its sad I really like the Celtics but watching them play is not too fun right now.

Omega

Banned
Skyrim has 2 major problems:

1. Terribad combat

2. Lack of any characters that have any real lasting interest or relationship with the character. The next game desperately needs to take a page out of Biowares book in this regard.

but only that page.

then burn the rest of the book

I logged in because I'm reading that NBA Jam is free on PS+? For real?

Also. Knicks defense will be on point again when Felton/Shump/Sheed return. Right now, the Knicks can't stop any perimeter plays/high screens (Kidd/Prigs get crushed by that stuff), can't effectively make up at the 3 for the Melo mismatch at the 4 (because the time at the other forward is basically Novak/Brewer/Copeland), and Chandler - as good as he is - can't defend everyone on every possession, particularly on the inside where other teams have 2 or more guys going at him.

[EDIT: Skyrim's combat is bad? It's simple, but it definitely isn't bad at all!]

i disagree

there's no consequence to any choices you make in the game, you can become head of the assassins, head of the thieves guild, join that stormtrooper rebellion thing, join the imperials in the same game. I get that it's cool for completionists and but it's kind of lame.

also annoying loot scaling and generally bad combat make the dungeons pretty unfun

great modding platform if you're on pc tho

A_tfPbCCYAA76ZJ.png:large

Brandon Jennings being the ball boy. LOL

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Skyrim is zzzzzz. It's basically a giant demo in a sandbox environment pretending to be a game. There's zero incentive to play the main quest and lacks any consequences for not doing so.

Isn't it more like a rental. If your ps+ runs out doesn't it stop being free?

pretty much yeah but i think if your sub runs out and you resub you still get whatever you downloaded.

I paid $30 for a year so its worth it for the vita games so far

Skyrim is ok, i haven't played it but my bro has a copy and from what i've seen it looked good for exploring

KingGondo

Banned
I loved Skyrim, I just wish the expansions were available on PS3. :(

I haven't played it in a few months.

I was a huge Fallout 3 fan as well. That style is about the only kind of RPG I can stand.

rando14

I loved Skyrim, I just wish the expansions were available on PS3. :(

I haven't played it in a few months.

I was a huge Fallout 3 fan as well. That style is about the only kind of RPG I can stand.

still waiting for the newest exp to come out on PC

FO 3 is great, NV is even better

Massive exaggeration

Even as a pretty authentic class shit was the same mostly the whole way through. I was an Illusionist Archer Khajit. From level 1 to whatever I was still just camping in the shadows and picking guys off from a distance. Or for whatever reason I'd just go invisible and slit throats. When the shit the fan I'd just cast calm or rage or something.

And when shit was tough it was moreso a situation where guys just had such a high amount of damage output or health that you were just running around and hoping you could break the A.I somehow more than any real strategy.

rando14

Even as a pretty authentic class shit was the same mostly the whole way through. I was an Illusionist Archer Khajit. From level 1 to whatever I was still just camping in the shadows and picking guys off from a distance. Or for whatever reason I'd just go invisible and slit throats. When the shit the fan I'd just cast calm or rage or something.

And when shit was tough it was moreso a situation where guys just had such a high amount of damage output or health that you were just running around and hoping you could break the A.I somehow more than any real strategy.

I dont understand what the problem is. You chose to be an assassin sniper, where your strength is to kill at a distance or through hidden. So of course you'll face difficulty when you're fighting in short range, of course you'll die and have to exploit the game out of desperation when on 1 vs 1...

I started playing NV, but I got sidetracked and haven't played in at least a year.

Suppose I should pick it back up.

Do it, it's a better game with some good streamlined gameplay elements. Its kinda buggy (I played it on xbox) but I imagine on PC there are patches to fix a lot of them.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I dont understand what the problem is. You chose to be an assassin sniper, where your strength is to kill at a distance or through hidden. So of course you'll face difficulty when you're fighting in short range, of course you'll die and have to exploit the game out of desperation when on 1 vs 1...

He's saying the gameplay didn't change much from L1 until L50.

? He was an archer. He'll shoot arrows from level 1 to level infinity. What exactly does he want?

I've gone the sword and shield route also.

I'm just spamming attack and block the entire time. No weak points regardless of enemy type, no analysis whatsoever of the enemies strategy (they see you and go HAM with zero thought process whatsoever), etc.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've gone the sword and shield route also.

I'm just spamming attack and block the entire time. No weak points regardless of enemy type, no analysis whatsoever of the enemies strategy (they see you and go HAM with zero thought process whatsoever), etc.

This is true.

giri

Favorite team?

I'm speaking mostly of non-Clippers fans. I really, really liked Griffin before all the antics.

Yeah, i used to love blake.

He turned into a really large douche-bag and one of the most unlikable guys in the NBA fairly quickly though.

But that's not surprising, he's basically turned into CP3 personality wise, but not as good.

Top Bottom