• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

giri

Skyrim has 2 major problems:

1. Terribad combat

2. Lack of any characters that have any real lasting interest or relationship with the character. The next game desperately needs to take a page out of Biowares book in this regard.

Why play any of the shitty morrow wind based games when all of the bioware RPG's are much better anyway.

yes, even the gaf reviled Dragonage 2.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dragon Age 2 wasn't that bad.

60 bucks? Not worth that. But it was aite...

Jeff-DSA

I'm just glad to see the Warriors doing well. They've got a cast of pretty good guys over there.

I'm kind of pissed that they tanked so blatantly last season while lying about not trying to lose. Also, Mark Jackson is a dickhead. But hey, I like a lot of the players on the Warriors, so I'm happy for them, at least.

giri

not really. But ok.

I'm kind of pissed that they tanked so blatantly last season while lying about not trying to lose. Also, Mark Jackson is a dickhead. But hey, I like a lot of the players on the Warriors, so I'm happy for them, at least.

Tanked blatantly?

The finally told curry to go get healthy, and the same with bogut.

That's not so much tanking, but finally some good player injury management. Those two had been constantly injured their whole careers, and always rushed back. The toll had just caught up.

DY_nasty

there were some odd as hell characters in that

I didn't want to smang anyone, and have the dudebros wanted to have sex with me

There was more life in those weird, off the wall characters than anything in Skyrim.

Wish you could cross the streams...

Jeff-DSA

Tanked blatantly?

That's not so much tanking, but finally some good player injury management. Those two had been constantly injured their whole careers, and always rushed back. The toll had just caught up.

Don't you remember their bench actively cheering to lose last season? There are YouTube clips of players getting disappointed by a game winner.

I played so few games this year due to school/work. I was too busy for most of the big releases earlier this year.

FTL - Fun and frustrating as all hell, combat feels unfair at times. I cheated just to see if beating it was possible.

Dragon's Dogma - Not enough people are talking about it I think. I spec-d my character all wrong though and the very last quest is fucking me up. The combat is fantastic, the story is almost non-existent

The Walking Dead - I enjoyed it....maybe I'm just heartless but it didn't have as big a emotional impact as others have said. The only point and click adventure game I've completed. So that's something.

Mass Effect 3 - Spent so much time with the first two but with it not being on steam I just said fuck it..

Skyrim - ha, I ain't got time for that

Xcom - Got time for that. Favorite game of the year.

giri

Don't you remember their bench actively cheering to lose last season? There are YouTube clips of players getting disappointed by a game winner.

Wasn't even D.Lee injured?

i think for stretches Jarret Jack was their most talented player on court.

There were more teams that were far more blatant about tanking than the W's last year. Odd one to complain about.

That was some real team unity on display. An example of the coaches, players, and front office all being on the same page. That's how a winning organization is built. I would LOVE it if our players would buy into the long term rebuild like that.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

There were more teams that were far more blatant about tanking than the W's last year. Odd one to complain about.

David Lee played 57 games out of 64.

Jarrett Jack played in NOH last year.

Jeff-DSA

No, they were cheating the system to not have to give up their draft pick. It was gross.

DY_nasty

I played so few games this year due to school/work. I was too busy for most of the big releases earlier this year.

FTL - Fun and frustrating as all hell, combat feels unfair at times. I cheated just to see if beating it was possible.

Dragon's Dogma - Not enough people are talking about it I think. I spec-d my character all wrong though and the very last quest is fucking me up. The combat is fantastic, the story is almost non-existent

The Walking Dead - I enjoyed it....maybe I'm just heartless but it didn't have as big a emotional impact as others have said. The only point and click adventure game I've completed. So that's something.

Mass Effect 3 - Spent so much time with the first two but with it not being on steam I just said fuck it..

Skyrim - ha, I ain't got time for that

Xcom - Got time for that. Favorite game of the year.
#trubro

FTL's last boss... once you beat it, the game becomes a breeze. You just have to "get it".

Dragon's Dogma is the most underrated game of the year by far. Capcom got it right. Can't wait for the Dark Arisen DLC to drop. Hard mode was a nice addition too. Outstanding game.

Mass Effect 3 was just good enough in the SP for me to feel "okay" about it but the multiplayer made the 60 bucks worth it. Put more time into that than anything else last year.

Skyrim - I couldn't stop playing until I finally stopped paying.

XCom - GOTY

Jeff-DSA

Top Ten (no specific order):

- Dishonored
- The Walking Dead
- Persona 4 Golden
- Borderlands 2
- X-COM
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Mark of the Ninja
- Civ V: Gods and Kings
- ZombiU
- Black Ops 2 (meh, but I played it for like 30 hours online)

The above list is definitive.

DY_nasty

I'm glad someone else can appreciate P4 here. Borderlands 2 was fun but it wore on me in a way that BL1 never did...
i think you and DY are the only people that don't have anything negative to say about it, and his statement wasn't even convincing. game is bad and you should be ashamed for thinking otherwise
Its fine as long you don't compare it to DA1.

I mean shit, even after looking at the preview videos (I ignored them all prerelease and only played DA2 in August) I don't know why anyone was hyped for it. It didn't kill anyone's parents. Same with RE6. They weren't godlike games but were they okay for 30 bucks? Yeah. Definitely.

Stop riding hype trains and you'll stop letting disappointment override potential enjoyment.
I'm enjoying X-com but I'm not playing it the right way...I keep quicksaving. I'm too attached to members of my squad lol

smh...

I got so sick of stealth by the end of dishonored that I was basically speed running the last mission.

Best stealth game this year for me (haven't played MArk of the Ninja) is Far Cry 3. Just really well done stealth.

DY_nasty

Far Cry 3 was so boring for me...

At least on the PC it looks good. Its hard for me to think of positives for the console version.

Jeff-DSA

I got so sick of stealth by the end of dishonored that I was basically speed running the last mission.

Best stealth game this year for me (haven't played MArk of the Ninja) is Far Cry 3. Just really well done stealth.

Haven't played enough Far Cry 3 to list it. It's promising though.

Riggs

Banned
Think I did like 10 ally's with CP3 and Blake/Jordan in this 2k game lol. STOP THE HATE ON BLAKE. He's trying! Last white hope man.

Riggs

Banned

Lol its a joke, he's my only liked white NBA player next to Love and Rubio. Fucking Nash ruins everything with his shit haircut. Novak can't hit shit. Collison gets no time to play, fucking Kyle korver looks like a GQ model etc.

Again I was just playing mang =/

Jeff-DSA

Lol its a joke, he's my only liked white NBA player next to Love and Rubio. Fucking Nash ruins everything with his shit haircut. Novak can't hit shit. Collison gets no time to play, fucking Kyle korver looks like a GQ model etc.

G-TYYYYYYYYYYYYYYME!

rando14

cant be hating on my boys dlee and pek

Omega

Banned
I'm glad someone else can appreciate P4 here. Borderlands 2 was fun but it wore on me in a way that BL1 never did...

Its fine as long you don't compare it to DA1.

I mean shit, even after looking at the preview videos (I ignored them all prerelease and only played DA2 in August) I don't know why anyone was hyped for it. It didn't kill anyone's parents. Same with RE6. They weren't godlike games but were they okay for 30 bucks? Yeah. Definitely.

Stop riding hype trains and you'll stop letting disappointment override potential enjoyment.

smh...

i wasn't hyped for it. I didn't even look at anything pre-release. It's something I rarely do for numerous reasons.

i played like 10 minutes of the first and stopped because it didn't feel right on consoles. I got the second because it was clearly for consoles and I thought it was still pretty mediocre.

i haven't gotten hyped for anything since socom 3, and after that disappointed beyond words I stopped.

otapnam

dudes mixed, so i dont think you can even say hes a "white" player.

wheres the love for reddick? dudes doin things this season

well if you consider blake white you might as well put steph curry on that list. what about pek,lee,AK47 and Dirk?

rando14

I wonder how many notches Korver has on his belt.

Has to be over a hundred easy

i

diehard

Fleer
Tanked blatantly?

This would be more believable if their management had not said they basically made plans to keep their draft pick.

Top Bottom