• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Jan NBA Season lOT| Beautiful Black Bodies on Top

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
hopefully the last we hear of this kid

As well, I once felt for this guy.. but his Twitter rampages and his whole #anxietytroopers and #bewell shit is some bullshit with the crap he's pulled.

He keeps on about some kind of protocol, yet has never once came out and said what Houston was asking him to do that was against this so-called protocol.

You signed the dotted line to play some basketball. He's letting his teammates down, and that's crap.

Also, throwing your current employer under the bus every chance you get just feels so wrong... bet he was still cashing them checks every week without issue.

Houston would cut him if they could just clean the slate of him, but this dude won't go quietly.. I sense a law suit coming.

...and he thinks he's helping the cause of people with mental health issues with all this. He's set them back immensely.

h3ro

Who do you use in SF4? You lucky I don't have XBL or else I'd body you.

Sagat/Sim since ST! Haven't played in ages though.

Pick a top tier.
We all cheated on mains with Yun in AE. We all did.

8Q12H.gif

this post is now on topic.

giri

Particularly in Houston? Dude.

You'd be mad, too, if Westbrook averaged more FGA than you.

FYI, Durant is having a 50/40/90 season not seen since Larry Legend.

Larry in 87-88: 29.9PPG, 9.3RPG, 6.1APG, 52.7FG%, 41.4FG%, 91.6FT%, 1.6SPG

BU-BU-BU-LEBRON

I assume the difference between that and all of Nash's 50/40/90 years is the rebounds?

I assume the difference between that and all of Nash's 50/40/90 years is the rebounds?

Probably... 50/40/90 been done by Bird, Mark Price, Reggie Miller, Dirk, and Nash. I would assume Dirk had rebounds like Larry but if Durant is doing some sort of 50/40/90 that hasn't been seen since Bird I don't know what category Price, Miller, Dirk, and Nash is missing.

Larry Bird was definitely an amazing player, but the pace in the 80s was way faster than the pace today which inflates stats from the 80s.

Also (this is random and unrelated but), since the lockout, the amount of free throws attempts in the NBA has collapsed. Wonder if it's a defense scheme change or an offensive scheme change with more threes or an officiating change or just random luck.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Probably... 50/40/90 been done by Bird, Mark Price, Reggie Miller, Dirk, and Nash. I would assume Dirk had rebounds like Larry but if Durant is doing some sort of 50/40/90 that hasn't been seen since Bird I don't know what category Price, Miller, Dirk, and Nash is missing.

Points per game. I forgot about Dirk's 2007 season. But so did Dirk.

Larry Bird was definitely an amazing player, but the pace in the 80s was way faster than the pace today which inflates stats from the 80s.

It might inflate rebounds and assists, but points? When you're attempting 22FGA and shooting 50/40/90 on them? There's no inflating that.

Sagat/Sim since ST! Haven't played in ages though.

We all cheated on mains with Yun in AE. We all did.

8Q12H.gif

this post is now on topic.

Speak for yourself brah.

Never mained Yun.

because I am garbage with him...and everybody not named Ken...and even then

giri

From ESPN

Howard was then asked if he thought he had the same kind of alpha male personality as O'Neal.

"You can't look at it as the alpha male. It's basketball. We're not a pack of wolves," Howard said.

So.... thats a no then Dwight.

Points per game. I forgot about Dirk's 2007 season. But so did Dirk.

It might inflate rebounds and assists, but points? When you're attempting 22FGA and shooting 50/40/90 on them? There's no inflating that.

Reggie Miller didn't have ppg? Woah interesting...

Oh and I never used Yun either.

I NEED MY FIGHT MONEY!!

reilo

Reggie Miller didn't have ppg? Woah interesting...

Oh and I never used Yun either.

I NEED MY FIGHT MONEY!!

Is everyone being obtuse or ignoring the fact that Larry averaged 50/40/90 on 30PPG? The time Reggie did it was on 20PPG. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and proclaim that Larry's 30PPG on 50/40/90 is slightly more impressive. Hence the Durant comparison this year.

Is everyone being obtuse or ignoring the fact that Larry averaged 50/40/90 on 30PPG? The time Reggie did it was on 20PPG. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and proclaim that Larry's 30PPG on 50/40/90 is slightly more impressive. Hence the Durant comparison this year.

Your post said 29.9!! Excuse me!

Larry in 87-88: 29.9PPG, 9.3RPG, 6.1APG, 52.7FG%, 41.4FG%, 91.6FT%, 1.6SPG

giri

Rings, actually.

Durant got a ring for winning the west now?

oh right, just a terrible troll.

Gotta do better than that reilo.

Also (this is random and unrelated but), since the lockout, the amount of free throws attempts in the NBA has collapsed. Wonder if it's a defense scheme change or an offensive scheme change with more threes or an officiating change or just random luck.

They're calling a lot less fouls on bigs who are just going straight up. And not rewarding attacking players who initiate contact anywhere near as much.

It's pretty great. I've really liked seeing it called much better than in the past.

reilo

Durant got a ring for winning the west now?

oh right, just a terrible troll.

Gotta do better than that reilo.

It was a joke, get over yourself.

It was quite obvious I was making the comparison between Larry's insane scoring run on 50/40/90 to Durant's this year: .

As pointed out by WesternHeretic, the last guy to do it on 25PPG+ was Dirk in '07.

LeBron stopped taking fade-away threes. Also from what I've notice most of his three come off him taking two dribble with his left hand then BOOM. He is left handed after all... so I guess he just getting into his rhythm.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's one point of his game that LeBron lacks.. also he doesn't seem to have that killer instinct like the ATG's.

reilo

LeBron stopped taking fade-away threes. Also from what I've notice most of his three come off him taking two dribble with his left hand then BOOM. He is left handed after all... so I guess he just getting into his rhythm.

What?

giri

It was a joke, get over yourself.

It was quite obvious I was making the comparison between Larry's insane scoring run on 50/40/90 to Durant's this year: .

As pointed out by WesternHeretic, the last guy to do it on 25PPG+ was Dirk in '07.

Who's taking it way too serious? oh............

Lebron is averaging 3.4 attempts from deep a game. KD, 4. 2% difference in fg% in favor of kd, but it's still 40+. I don't see how you can say LBJ doesn't shoot the 3 well...

reilo

He is left handed but was taught to shoot right. So that why he so damn good when he drive because people force him left thinking it's his off hand when in reality it's his strong side.

That makes him ambidextrous, that doesn't make him left handed. That's like saying Brandon Roy is left handed.

EDIT: Well that just makes him fucking weird then. I still don't know what dribbling twice with his left hand and then shooting with his right hand has to do with his improved 3PT%.

EDIT: Well that just makes him fucking weird then. I still don't know what dribbling twice with his left hand and then shooting with his right hand has to do with his improved 3PT%.

It just something I've personally notice. To me it seems he makes it more when he does that then dribbling off his right or catch and shoot.

LeBron's 3 pt shooting percentage is a lot better this year because he only takes it from the corner or the elbow, his hotter spots, and he will only take it if he has Mike Miller levels of space around him. So he has rarely taken a bad shot from there

he probably does have an improved stroke but most of it is when/where he's taking it now

That makes him ambidextrous, that doesn't make him left handed. That's like saying Brandon Roy is left handed.

i guess it's the same for him as for nadal. he plays with his left hand but can't do shit other than playing with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-01XvmcF6Ak

reilo

LeBron's 3 pt shooting percentage is a lot better this year because he only takes it from the corner or the elbow, his hotter spots, and he will only take it if he has Mike Miller levels of space around him. So he has rarely taken a bad shot from there

he probably does have an improved stroke but most of it is when/where he's taking it now

J6D24.png

I don't think it's that deep. I think he just shot a lot more this offseason. Last year it was all about the post but this year he's allegedly been challenging Ray at like every practice to shooting games.

I think shooting was one of the focuses of the offseason. Wades stroke is noticeably better too...

I don't think it's that deep. I think he just shot a lot more this offseason. Last year it was all about the post but this year he's allegedly been challenging Ray at like every practice to shooting games.

I think shooting was one of the focuses of the offseason. Wades stroke is noticeably better too...
his jumper is so improved(lbj), wade too.

Riggs

Banned
Fuck didn't know games went on at 1pm on sundays!! Starting new job tomorrow, would of loved to watch OKC : (

Oh well fuckkkk

Top Bottom