• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

Local ATT store opening at 8 tomorrow so gonna go down around then. They expect to sell out by the afternoon so I'm not too worried if I go in the morning. Space Grey 5s here I come. Should I buy a case? I'm leaning towards the brown leather one. Though I love the interplay of the silver and black that I'm also thinking no case, at least for a week or so, so I can just enjoy it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So apple has seemingly changed their unlocked phone policy. Apparently unlocked phones now will work on sprint and verizon?

http://store.apple.com/us/iphone/family/iphone4/about-unlocked

The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a wireless contract commitment. You can activate and use the unlocked iPhone on the supported GSM wireless network of your choice, such as AT&T or T-Mobile in the United States. The unlocked iPhone 5c and unlocked iPhone 5s will also work on the CDMA networks of Sprint and Verizon Wireless. The unlocked iPhone 4s will work only on GSM wireless networks and will not work with CDMA-based carriers, including Sprint and Verizon Wireless.

Will this be the only phone on the market that is truly unlocked. I honestly have never seen a phone that is unlocked and works on both sprint, verizon, att and tmobile.

ChanHuk

Banned
God I hate dealing with people on Craigslist.

Anybody going to Best Buy to attempt to buy a phone tomorrow? Their website has the iPhone 5 going for $400 trade in value.

Dumb question, probably been answered already. I'm on AT&T but I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I just pay the super high price for the phone and possibly an activation fee? It won't change my contract at all?

Waiting in line now in Australia. Hour and a half till the store opens. I'm the only one here. Getting a space grey for me. Wife wanted gold but none were delivered.

potam

Banned
Dumb question, probably been answered already. I'm on AT&T but I'm not eligible for an upgrade, I just pay the super high price for the phone and possibly an activation fee? It won't change my contract at all?

Shouldn't. If theydid try to change iron you for some reason you'll have to sign a new contract, so you'll know.

Called my store. They said there was no way for that to occur. They can waitlist me. Maybe that is what you are talking about.

Yeah probably. Both stores I called used the word "preorder." I won't complain though, getting the phone Monday is good enough for me.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
10th place in the Meadowhall, Sheffield Apple Store queue. There's already a number of people here and the manager came out to say the first 20 will definitely get the model they want, but after that is a gamble. Bullshit, or is the 5s supply that limited?

Lo-Volt

10th place in the Meadowhall, Sheffield Apple Store queue. There's already a number of people here and the manager came out to say the first 20 will definitely get the model they want, but after that is a gamble. Bullshit, or is the 5s supply that limited?

I don't think it's bullshit, actually. There were rumblings of limited 5s stock for a few days now at our favorite tech gadget sites. The 5c sounds like it's the majority of the production mix right now, and a lot of people are operating under the assumption that 5c sales will outpace 5s sales throughout the rest of the calendar year.

kingocfs

Looks like I'm ordering online...

giga

There's been several stories recently about how limited the 5S will be.

If I get a phone and decide to keep my old phone and resell the 5S unopened, is there anything tied to me with that 5S at that point if I order from Apple or can I just easily sell it?

Quick

Banned
I went to a Rogers store earlier, and they couldn't confirm to me their 5S stock, but they have a few 5Cs already. They really just don't know if they even have the 5S. Fingers crossed I can pick up a 16GB model.

For anybody looking to get a phone with Rogers, check out the Rogers Trade-Up site and see how much your phone can get you. A 4S goes for $185.00.

gimmmick

Lucky for me, my verizon store is the largest in the city where I live. Should be able to snag an iphone 5s 32gig gold with no hassle.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

is it opening at midnight, then?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, when is this sucker being released in Sweden? Today as well? So little advertising for this shit... Halp!

Sean

Banned
I'm in a family plan on AT&T and want to take my moms upgrade to buy a new 5S (then I'll give her my old iPhone 5).

Anyone do something like this before? Is it complicated process?

qwerty2k

Anyone help me pick between white/silver and black/space grey? I've had black iphones from the 3gs and up every year...so i change or stick with black?

nikos

Anyone help me pick between white/silver and black/space grey? I've had black iphones from the 3gs and up every year...so i change or stick with black?

I seem to alternate every year. Gonna go with white for the 5S. Love my black 5 but I like the way the silver ring looks against white and I'm ready for a change. Space Grey also sort of reminds me of the 4/4S color, from what I've seen.

Top Bottom