• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

I ordered 32GB Silver through the Apple Store and Verizon site. Will probably cancel the Apple Store order since the VZW one is expected to ship sooner. Hopefully they don't cancel each other out. I'll worry about it in the morning.

Gotchaye

My billing address is incorrect but i cannot modify my order. Goddamnit.

I have this issue too, sort of. Saving loads of money on a family plan with grandfathered unlimited data, but it insisted on shipping to my parents' place. Good news if I can modify that once it confirms.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Original iPhone -> 3GS -> 4S -> 5 -> 5S

Set alarm for 1:59 CST.

Woke up. Rolled over. Opened app. It's WORKING AND UP!

Painless purchase of 16GB white/silver 5S and AC+ on AT&T with expedited shipping for ten bucks. Hoping I get it by end of next week.

Bragged on Facebook, posting on the forum. Back to bed.

Good luck everyone!

KHarvey16

I have this issue too, sort of. Saving loads of money on a family plan with grandfathered unlimited data, but it insisted on shipping to my parents' place. Good news if I can modify that once it confirms.

Yeah Apple always defaults the shipping to the address associated with the plan. You can change it once it confirms the order, which is exactly what I'm waiting for now.

giga

Apple Inc. has asked its suppliers to increase production of the gold-colored iPhone 5S by an additional one-third after seeing strong demand, people familiar with the situation said. It isn’t clear whether there are currently supply constraints manufacturing the new iPhone.

http://on.wsj.com/1eWVbBE

potam

Banned
Apple Inc. has asked its suppliers to increase production of the gold-colored iPhone 5S by an additional one-third after seeing strong demand, people familiar with the situation said. It isn’t clear whether there are currently supply constraints manufacturing the new iPhone.

http://on.wsj.com/1eWVbBE

It's almost as if they could have seen the demand had they opened preorders a week ago on this thing.

Gotchaye

I don't know how you guys can get by with 16GB.

I still have 5GB free on the 16GB 4 I've had for three years. And a lot of that is games I've downloaded because they were free. I only really need internet, maps, podcasts, music, and Kindle, and I don't have that much music. Edit: Also Netflix.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I hope I made correct decision getting Space Grey this time.

I'm coming from a white iPhone 4S I really liked, but I decided to change it up.

I have an iPad and iPhone. The pad is 32GB. I learned my lesson. The phone I don't need 32-64GB since I don't game too much and just throw videos and comics on the iPad.

KHarvey16

Hmmm...Apple isn't letting me change the shipping address even though it's being processed now. I remember I was able to change it after the fact when I ordered my 4S a couple years ago. Did the policy change?

Cloudy

Banned
God damnit Best Buy you temptress! I don't want to pay $50 more! STOP SHOWING ME 9/20 IN STORE PICKUP YOU WHORE!

I caved and got it. Will still try for Sprint and cancel one of them. I'm so weak lol

I wonder if I'll be able to price match?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmmm...Apple isn't letting me change the shipping address even though it's being processed now. I remember I was able to change it after the fact when I ordered my 4S a couple years ago. Did the policy change?

Some people said you could change it after you order.

And with that I'm done. Time to go back to bed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
16GB is more than enough.

potam

Banned
Just do it. Guaranteed Day 1.

I probably would, but it's the BB near my house and not work. I'm just gonna go to the Apple store and maybe Verizon and BB near work sometime tomorrow if I can dip out and try to pick one up, but I have my online order guaranteed.

Meh :(

KHarvey16

Some people said you could change it after you order.

And with that I'm done. Time to go back to bed.

Yeah usually you just wait until it goes from the initial ordering stage to confirmed or processing and then you're able to cancel or edit. It used to let you change the shipping address but now it doesn't look like it does :(.

subrock

if you can see the blue cancel button on the order status page and hit "show order details". You should see an edit button next to your address.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is it possible my order hasn't changed to process because my billing address was wrong?

If so I can't cancel and reorder either. I'm stuck :-(

Not sure what to do. Can't call because they are getting swamped.

deadlock

Cloudy

Banned
In with Sprint and Best Buy. I'll try to get a pricematch at Best Buy but I'll probably cancel the sprint since it says 3 weeks (although they charged me already LOL)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
In with Sprint and Best Buy. I'll try to get a pricematch at Best Buy but I'll probably cancel the sprint since it says 3 weeks (although they charged me already LOL)
Yeah sprint is on that serious BS. Must have taken everything to the brick and mortar stores.

Top Bottom