• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 5S | OT |

CronoShot

Fell asleep and woke up 4 hours late. And somehow my phone managed to turn itself off, so the alarm I set didn't go off either :mad:

Ordered unlocked 64GB Space Gray. 7-10 business days. The wait will be miserable.

Coming off android and the first thing I miss is the swype style keyboard and also the notification screen. Otherwise seems pretty solid but my bank balance is crying.

Appleman

Sweet! Please share anything you learn! No employees are at this location yet, lol.

Fuck. Guy just came out and said they didn't get any and to try a store in a big mall... Would have lined up elsewhere if I'd known but I think I'm probably screwed

Magnus

Fuck. Guy just came out and said they didn't get any and to try a store in a big mall... Would have lined up elsewhere if I'd known but I think I'm probably screwed

Fuck dude! I'm so sorry.

Manager just showed up here; they have 5S's, just no Gold. He seemed to indicate he's got more than enough for the 6 of us in line. You could probably book it up here and be ok dude!

Of course, I couldn't personally promise anything. A wave of people could show up anytime.

Edit- 8 people in line now.

Edit- 11 people in line now. Here they all come... :(

Magnus

Got to the Apple Store here in socal at 1am.
Over 50 people in line, now 4am well over 100.

There's no way they're getting a new phone - might as well head home.

At an Apple Store? In California no less?

They probably have like 300-500. I'm sure that whole line is fine.

Come to think of it, probably 1000+. What store on Earth would have a higher priority than a Californian/NY Apple Store? lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Called the Apple store in Stockholm and they were like "herp, derp iPhone 5s? Derp, no... sorry, but herp, you can buy iPhone 5 right now if you'd like that! Derp"

nikos

After waiting for 9 hours and being 40th in line, Apple employees come out to tell us that gold and silver are sold out. Only space grey available. Unbelievable. When I checked Apple's site at 3, I could have ordered any color with 1-3 day shipping. Never again will I wait.

ruxtpin

Banned
In line at Northpoint Atlanta; approximately 300 people or so (or that's what I heard). Surrounded by older woman, one playing battleship and the other talking about how she kicked her kid out of a soccer game.

Appleman

Fuck dude! I'm so sorry.

Manager just showed up here; they have 5S's, just no Gold. He seemed to indicate he's got more than enough for the 6 of us in line. You could probably book it up here and be ok dude!

Of course, I couldn't personally promise anything. A wave of people could show up anytime.

Edit- 8 people in line now.

Edit- 11 people in line now. Here they all come... :(

Yikes, was actually about to hop on the subway and come up but it looks like I'll be too late. Wish the communication from Rogers was better on this one

scotcheggz

I just ordered a space grey 5S from my carrier, gold and silver didn't sound good in terms of stock becuase the woman on the phone said "oh good, you're lucky, space grey can be delivered on Monday" and their site just says "slower delivery times" for the other two colours. Feels good to be boring!

Three UK, if anyone else was looking to upgrade after work or whatever.

DarkFlow

Banned
After waiting for 9 hours and being 40th in line, Apple employees come out to tell us that gold and silver are sold out. Only space grey available. Unbelievable. When I checked Apple's site at 3, I could have ordered any color with 1-3 day shipping. Never again will I wait.
I don't know why you're surprised by that really. It's been blasted everywhere that 3/4 of the first batch was space grey. I know this, and I don't even own or want a iPhone.

Magnus

Yikes, was actually about to hop on the subway and come up but it looks like I'll be too late. Wish the communication from Rogers was better on this one

14 people now. It seems to have slowed but I imagine a ton will show up at 8am.

I can try and see if he'll tell me how many they have in stock.

Taigor

Neo Member
Our local Apple store confirmed that they have ONE gold 5S and probably 100 space gray that they will be selling to the folks in line when they open. Zero silver.

nikos

I don't know why your surprised by that really. It's been blasted everywhere that 3/4 of the first batch was space grey. I know this, and I don't even own or want a iPhone.
I'm not surprised. I knew it would happen, and that's the worst part. Nobody in line believed me. I knew I should have ordered online. I still might.

DarkFlow

Banned
I'm not surprised. I knew it would happen, and that's the worst part. Nobody in line believed me. I knew I should have ordered online. I still might.
Order it, don't settle for what you don't want if your dropping that kind of cash. Yeah you'll have to wait longer now but you'll enjoy it more in the long run.

Appleman

iPhone 5S just showed up on Rogers' device reservation system so I placed a Space Grey order which I'll cancel if my local store gets stock in. Kind of thinking I should have gone with a different colour if I'm ordering anyways, but oh well.

Magnus

iPhone 5S just showed up on Rogers' device reservation system so I placed a Space Grey order which I'll cancel if my local store gets stock in. Kind of thinking I should have gone with a different colour if I'm ordering anyways, but oh well.

Shit, awesome. What kind of shipping delivery time on that?

Shady859

Got off work at 7am and drove by AT&T about 10 people and Verizon easily 2or 3 times as many people waiting there. So glad I went ahead and preordered from work at 3:30 I will have to wait a few days but zero worries about securing a silver 32gb and I'm home and prepping for sleep.

Pumped for this since I'm coming from a iPhone 4. :)

Enco

I work 60+ hours a week and only get Saturdays off. I'm going to go to a store or two and try my luck. I'm not going to devote all my free time to trying to buy a phone.
Eh? Why do you need to devote all your time to buying a phone?

Order online and wait. Sorted.

No need to go to 100 different shops every day for a phone.

ecurbj

Eh? Why do you need to devote all your time to buying a phone?

Order online and wait. Sorted.

No need to go to 100 different shops every day for a phone.
Exactly. What he said above is irrelevant when "online ordering" is an option.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in line at my Verizon store. I am around 20th in line. Haven't heard what they have for stock yet but I think I will be okay.

Rootbeer

Banned
BROWSING FROM 5S.

VICTORY

love dat icloud. makes switching so easy.

since i'm setting up an all-new account, my biggest worry is what carrier to use... i think i'll go with AT&T, I don't know what advantages there'd be with Verizon. I'm in the bay area btw, if anyone wants to give me some last second advice :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BROWSING FROM 5S.

VICTORY

WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL THE PICTURES OF THE PHONE

So many GAFers disappoint me... take sexy pictures of it damn it.

I ended up canceling my Apple Store order since my Verizon order seemed to be shipping sooner (by Monday). I've always had good luck ordering from them in the past. We'll see...

Quick

Banned
I've been calling a few Rogers locations around the city, and I'm getting all sorts of answers.

"Only X and Y locations have them."

"No one has them."

"The X location probably have it."

"The Y location doesn't, but the Z location might."

I'm tempted to just place a reservation at the closest store here, but that's an extra $40.

Top Bottom