• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

x3sphere

Älg;170851490 said:
What I was trying to say initally was that if you don't have any stuttering, which some (most?) people don't, then the game has okay performance/framerates, and that 970 can probably get more than 1080p30 with gameworks off. Then I made a comment with a cocky attitude and shit derailed.

I'd like see anyone that doesn't have stuttering at 60 to upload a youtube video because I don't believe it otherwise.

On my 5930k / 32GB RAM / 980 Ti system I frequently get drops into the 40s and sometimes low 30s. The performance is so broken that I basically get the same FPS at 3440x1440 as I do 1280x720.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Älg;170848382 said:
I'm not downplaying anything; the port is fucked and the issues are massive, but if the only issue was low FPS WB wouldn't have taken the game off sale.
Uhh...
Älg;170841908 said:
Honestly, people exaggerate how bad performance is. I actually think the graphics/framerate ratio is pretty decent, if you don't have any stuttering.
Really now?

980ti is a card that targets 1440p or 4k not 1080p.
If you want the best looking 1080p with no tearing on a fixed refresh display and plenty of AA, over the course of at least a year or so, you're going to need a 980ti. There's nothing inherent in the 980ti that makes it 'designed for 1440p' at all. It gave a bigger boost at 1080p over the 980 than the 980 did over the 970.

holygeesus

Banned
If you want the best looking 1080p with no tearing on a fixed refresh display and plenty of AA, over the course of at least a year or so, you're going to need a 980ti. There's nothing inherent in the 980ti that makes it 'designed for 1440p' at all. It gave a bigger boost at 1080p over the 980 than the 980 did over the 970.

That's far, but aren't you paying nigh on twice the price of a 970 for the TI? For the percentage performance gains, at 1080p, I can't justify that.

Lime

how can I enable depth of field? I don't see it in my game. Anything wrong with my config or is it the same for everyone?

Experiencing a strange issue. My wired 360 controller's right stick was doing wonky shit, so I switched to a new Sabertooth. For some reason while playing Batman the controller just stops working. Lights are on, but no button inputs do anything. If I disconnect then reconnect the cable it's fine.

Batman's the only game this is happening in for me. :\

CUD

Banned
Älg;170848382 said:
I'm not downplaying anything; the port is fucked and the issues are massive, but if the only issue was low FPS WB wouldn't have taken the game off sale.

Come on, you're clearly downplaying a lot. I have no idea how you're even getting a constant 30fps at 1080p on a 680. I have a 680 and I still have issues at 720p but it's the best performance I can get until they patch it. I'm just not sure what your point is, you went from saying that people with 980s should be able to do better than you somehow getting 30fps at 1080p to now admitting the "port is fucked and the issues are massive", so which is it?

Don't try and claim you're not downplaying anything...

Älg;170841908 said:
Honestly, people exaggerate how bad performance is. I actually think the graphics/framerate ratio is pretty decent, if you don't have any stuttering.

People aren't exaggerating, the performance just is that bad.

Skyzard

Banned
Windows 10 Enterprise 10162

Not sure if it will help you but a random piece of info - those two settings are disabled when I switch it from GPU/auto to CPU physx in nvidia control panel. Bit of a long shot but maybe the setting got stuck or some shit. Try switching it to GPU, even if it's on auto.

Itachi87

I'm 16 hrs in and the game hasn't crashed at all for me so far. Other than some framerate slowdown on occasion, I haven't encountered any other performance issues. Hopefully the 2nd half of the game runs like the 1st half. All GFX settings are on high. I also have all but one of the Gameworks effect turned off (the enhanced rain is kept on). I have a Gigabyte G1 970, btw.

Xyber

That's far, but aren't you paying nigh on twice the price of a 970 for the TI? For the percentage performance gains, at 1080p, I can't justify that.

Well that certainly depends. On a 60Hz monitor, the 980Ti is slightly overkill for most games (there are exceptions of course, especially when you have people who need to "max out" the games). 120/144Hz is another thing though and not even my very overclocked 970 is anywhere near enough for my needs right now at 1080p. If I want to get close to 144FPS I need to lower a lot of stuff in most graphically demanding games.

And then there's the situations where you might only get a new card every 4-5 years or something, going overkill right now can still be worth it depending on what you are willing to spend. It certainly isn't the best price/performance ratio, but it will last the longest.

I'm 16 hrs in and the game hasn't crashed at all for me so far. Other than some framerate slowdown on occasion, I haven't encountered any other performance issues. Hopefully the 2nd half of the game runs like the 1st half. All GFX settings are on high. I also have all but one of the Gameworks effect turned off (the enhanced rain is kept on). I have a Gigabyte G1 970, btw.

What about the rest of your specs?

Dmax3901

What improvements? the game is unplayable without it, the game is unplayable with it if you get stutters.

I don't know what improvements there may be that's why I'm asking.

Are you saying that they do improve things, but some people are still getting stuttering with the drivers?

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes I am using mouse and keyboard. I've never fared well in first person view, so I'll just deal with it.

I'd recommend practising in first person, I wasn't great with it either until I forced myself to learn. You're more than capable, you learn gaming systems all the time. You've only never fared well because you haven't forced yourself to learn.

It's simply superior here as you don't need to contend with the awful cinematic camera. When chased, when jumping, when riding on walls or ceilings.

Älg

Does the texture streaming fix in the OP work at 30 FPS as well? Or is it just to reduce the problem when increasing the framerate limit?

dex3108

They changed Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC_1088437-07_03_2015_Auto to Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC-FullPatch_1088440-07_03_2015_Auto in Steam database so we could get new patch really soon. Adding Full Patch means that is finalized and in Release Candidate phase based on previous Patch.

BatSu

Not sure if it will help you but a random piece of info - those two settings are disabled when I switch it from GPU/auto to CPU physx in nvidia control panel. Bit of a long shot but maybe the setting got stuck or some shit. Try switching it to GPU, even if it's on auto.

No. The problem was the GeForce Experience, for some reason I limited the PhysX . Reinstall again and fixed.

thanks anyway

They changed Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC_1088437-07_03_2015_Auto to Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC-FullPatch_1088440-07_03_2015_Auto in Steam database so we could get new patch really soon. Adding Full Patch means that is finalized and in Release Candidate phase based on previous Patch.

the "full patch" has been around for ages.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It's because you're moving the camera with the mouse. The camera should stay locked perfectly if you just use the keyboard. You might want to consider rebinding some of the mouse controls to the keyboard instead.

Mouse use is minimal here and I'm using wasd and lctrl mostly. Only keys I have bound to the mouse can only be used in battle mode or combat. Normally for 3rd person games I would use the controller but combat performs much better for me using a keyboard and mouse with some changes to keybindings.

I'll try fp view again as the camera is rearing it's ugly head in yet another terrible riddler course later in the game (the one with spinning blades).

Mesoian

I had my first crash yesterday. Opened the map, which seemed to cause some sort of overflow when parsing the individual layers of the maps, which caused the graphics to freak out. CTD.

Reloaded, was fine. Off to find more riddler trophies.

I had my first crash yesterday. Opened the map, which seemed to cause some sort of overflow when parsing the individual layers of the maps, which caused the graphics to freak out. CTD.

Reloaded, was fine. Off to find more riddler trophies.

That happened to me for the first time once I had about 10 Riddler trophies/riddles left. I was about to be pissed if my game died completely right then

d00d3n

Interesting. Anyone who kept track of the "fullpatch" file versions leading up to the first patch? How long did it take from the first mention of "fullpatch" to the release of the patch?

b0bbyJ03

Fuck, this game needs to get patches ASAP. I finished the Witcher yesterday and idk how much longer I can hold off. Started the game up just to check it out today with a little sweetFX and it was gorgeous

mboojigga

Just built my new system. On average I get 50fps with all settings max at 4k on EVGA 980Ti.

Specs:
Vizio M65-C1 4K 65"(4k@60hz & 1080p@120hz capable)
Intel 5930k
Intel 530 240GB SSD
EVGA X99 FTW Motherboard
16GB CORSAIR 2666mhz
EVGA GTX 980Ti AC 2.0
EVGA 1000 watt PSU
CORSAIR H100i Liquid cooling

Interesting. Anyone who kept track of the "fullpatch" file versions leading up to the first patch? How long did it take from the first mention of "fullpatch" to the release of the patch?

From what I'm seeing, after the "fullpatch" submission it was available on Steam the next day. So maybe tomorrow??

kamspy

I have the most imbalanced PC ever constructed, but here's some info.

AMD 1100t
Nvidia Titan 1Ghz
8 GB DDR3

I just updated to this Titan from a 680, but this game runs the same way Arkham City did on my 680. Same CPU I have now.

I'm getting 30-60 fps. Averaging in the middle. It's using 4.9 GB of vRAM on the Titan.

scitek

Just built my new system. On average I get 50fps with all settings max at 4k on EVGA 980Ti.

Specs:
Vizio M65-C1 4K 65"(4k@60hz & 1080p@120hz capable)
Intel 5930k
Intel 530 240GB SSD
EVGA X99 FTW Motherboard
16GB CORSAIR 2666mhz
EVGA GTX 980Ti AC 2.0
EVGA 1000 watt PSU
CORSAIR H100i Liquid cooling

Does that new Vizio M-series have problems with dropping signal at 120Hz? My P-series does, and apparently the latest firmware fixes it.

mboojigga

Does that new Vizio M-series have problems with dropping signal at 120Hz? My P-series does, and apparently the latest firmware fixes it.

I read the same thing on AVSForum that the firmware came out for the P-Series. I have had my 65" for 2 months now and my previous build had a Intel 2600k with a EVGA 980 card before I did the step up for the 980Ti. No problems with 120Hz at all. Have you had a chance to try it after the update?

Top Bottom