• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

ROG Swift, 980 and i7-4690k, is it possible to play this at 60fps/1440p and have the textures load? Everytime I try to adjust the FPS to a max 144hz I run into the worst texture streaming problems and everything looks like vaseline. I've tried 60fps, no luck. Tried the ini edit for texture stuff, no luck.

At this point I've just cranked everything to max, enabled 1/2 Refresh rate to lock it at 30fps and it's buttery smooth. Feels so wrong though to have GSYNC and not be using it, I feel....dirty.

You spent the money on all of that nice gear, I would just hold off a bit and see if they get it patched to properly support at least 60fps. I agree that it seems like a waste for you to play at 30fps.

I noticed that when playing AK on PC or XB1 the button prompts that the game gives look more like x360 buttons rather than XB1's.

It makes sense for the PC version since most still play with 360 controllers but why the XB1 version too? They look out of place and awkward just so they could look the same as the PC ones. Especially the RT/LT and the face button prompts scream Xbox 360 rather than XB1.

What gives?

With my Xbox One controller plugged in to my PC it gives me Xbox One button prompts. For example, I get the new Back and Start button prompts.

I haven't noticed the triggers or the face buttons, but they didn't seem out of the ordinary.

All this talk about frame issues and such and some people think gsync isn't worth it.

Even in a broken game like this gsync makes so much difference

Skyzard

Banned
With all the sharp contrasts between dark spots and bright lights reflected in rain and water, this game could really do with some sort AA that keeps it all nice and smooth when you move around. Their AA is blurry but it does smooth some edges out... might try leaving it on and adding some sharpening. Dangerous territory...this could spiral quick and be a long night with sweetfx :p

And an option to turn off CA, come on.

jorimt

With all the sharp contrasts between dark spots and bright lights reflected in rain and water, this game could really do with some sort AA that keeps it all nice and smooth when you move around. Their AA is blurry but it does smooth some edges out... might try leaving it on and adding some sharpening. Dangerous territory...this could spiral quick and be a long night with sweetfx :p

And an option to turn off CA, come on.

Yeah, but the in-game AA also does this:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/132512

If you want to avoid the above, you may want to try forcing FXAA through Nvidia Inspector/NV CP (or SweetFX FXAA for AMD) to get more subpixel coverage, and then sharpen.

The smoke from the tires just looks stupid considering it's constantly raining. If there was an option for choosing what the effect would be used for I'd turn it on for everything but tires.

The smoke from the tires just looks stupid considering it's constantly raining. If there was an option for choosing what the effect would be used for I'd turn it on for everything but tires.

Something beyond "on" or "off" would be great. There's just too much coming off the tires.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah, but the in-game AA also does this:
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/132512

If you want to avoid the above, you may want to try forcing FXAA through Nvidia Inspector/NV CP (or SweetFX FXAA for AMD) to get more subpixel coverage, and then sharpen.

Hmm thanks for the heads up and that's a good idea, just sorted it out a bit better with a more blurry fxaa with that subpixel option.

Damn good looking game tbh.

lame, first crash, just driving about no oc. Doesn't look all that smooth either even though the frames don't drop and feels okay. Need to do the RTSS fix.

Gambit61

Wow, for some reason *mid game spoilers*
Fighting the thugs on top of the movie theater before going after Harley
caused my game to start freezing and dropping down to below 10fps. Before this the game was mostly at 30fps. This is on a GTX 970/i5 4690k stock. All settings on except AA/Fog/Debris. Not sure why this one simple section caused me to start freezing. Oh and GPU usage spiked to 100% where normally the game sits around 50%-70%.

Skyzard

Banned
No, you can still use Rivatuner w/Gameworks. I believe someone posted something about it in this thread a while back.

I simply don't use the smoke in particular, because not only do I find it excessive (personal preference), but it's not currently optimized with this specific game, causing the game to halt for a couple seconds when accelerating the Batmobile (at least on my setup), and uses even more RAM/VRAM than the base game already uses (which is ALL of mine).

Anyway, if you want both Rivatuner OSD and Gamworks enabled, go to "Program Files (x86)/Rivatuner Statistics Server/Profiles", locate "iw6sp64_ship.exe.cfg," duplicate it and rename it to "BatmanAK.exe.cfg," and then finally set whatever frame cap you had back in the profile. Should work.

Could you please upload BatmanAK.exe.cfg?

For some reason I don't have iw6sp64_ship.exe.cfg

Oh wait nvm, it's in the template folder.

is there some glitch where rain textures are still messed up after the patch? I just got back from my friends house and he was playing it on essentially the same rig that I was trying on. I swear his game looked different and better than mine, in the sense of rain and textures. Is this game just fucking with my brain, or is there actually some glitch that can occur post patch in regards to rain.

Vlaphor

I'm having a weird issue when when I do a mission and I get that little crosshair over the objective, it doesn't go away afterwards. I'll go do another mission and the marker will still be pointing the old objective. The only way to get it to reset it is to quit to the main menu and then reload the save. Anyone else having anything like this?

viveks86

is there some glitch where rain textures are still messed up after the patch? I just got back from my friends house and he was playing it on essentially the same rig that I was trying on. I swear his game looked different and better than mine, in the sense of rain and textures. Is this game just fucking with my brain, or is there actually some glitch that can occur post patch in regards to rain.

Was he playing it from the start? The rain effects seems to gets diminished after quitting the game and loading from save.

Was he playing it from the start? The rain effects seems to gets diminished after quitting the game and loading from save.

yeah, he had started before I got there and kept playing a bit to let me see how his ran.

So I would have to start the game over again to see correct rain textures?

Dropped to 900p just to see and the framerate still tanks in the batmobile.

Yeah, I'm good. Still have quite a ways to go with the Witcher anyway.

ktroopa

No, you can still use Rivatuner w/Gameworks. I believe someone posted something about it in this thread a while back.

Anyway, if you want both Rivatuner OSD and Gamworks enabled, go to "Program Files (x86)/Rivatuner Statistics Server/Profiles", locate "iw6sp64_ship.exe.cfg," duplicate it and rename it to "BatmanAK.exe.cfg," and then finally set whatever frame cap you had back in the profile. Should work.

thank you for this! my OSD stopped working ages ago and now its back :) also this has cured the stupid auto-minimise to desktop issue i had everytime i launch the game. all good now. cheers bro

Skyzard

Banned
I hope Steam machine takes off majorly so that eventually we get more games making use of PC power because...the usage with these graphics:

http://a.uguu.se/kzlwuf_1.webm

http://a.uguu.se/ljwkfo_3.webm

And it's not even optimised lol, it could be insane. I mean it's not far off on PS4...and uncharted 4, man... I hope the final (full) star citizen lives up to the hype.

Maybe valve can buy naughty dogs and guerrilla games...and bring back sony liverpool :p Fine, rocksteady too.

jorimt

thank you for this! my OSD stopped working ages ago and now its back :) also this has cured the stupid auto-minimise to desktop issue i had everytime i launch the game. all good now. cheers bro

Not a problem, glad it helped :)

Original credit however goes to @kennedy88, finally found his original post listing the fix (was about 10 pages back) here...

What's the performance like on this on PC after that latest patch?

Want to play the game but it's €70 for the PS4 version and I can get a PC key for €17.90. I don't need it to be full 60 fps or anything since it's not on consoles, I'd just like a solid locked 30.

My specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 970

I hope Steam machine takes off majorly so that eventually we get more games making use of PC power because...the usage with these graphics:

http://a.uguu.se/kzlwuf_1.webm

http://a.uguu.se/ljwkfo_3.webm

And it's not even optimised lol, it could be insane. I mean it's not far off on PS4...and uncharted 4, man... I hope the final (full) star citizen lives up to the hype.

Maybe valve can buy naughty dogs and guerrilla games...and bring back sony liverpool :p Fine, rocksteady too.

Good god that looks incredible, I need this game to git gud quick so I can play it!

Want to play the game but it's €70 for the PS4 version and I can get a PC key for €17.90. I don't need it to be full 60 fps or anything since it's not on consoles, I'd just like a solid locked 30.

My specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 970

The first (and only) patch didn't really seem to improve performance. Just a few crash fixes & adding in missing features (rain textures & AO).

The game is so poorly built that there's really no telling how it will perform without testing it yourself unfortunately.

Evo X

My specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2 GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 970

The patch only fixed the rain and AO. Performance is unchanged from launch.

That said, your PC should be able to do 1080/30 if you turn off Gameworks effects.

The patch only fixed the rain and AO. Performance is unchanged from launch.

That said, your PC should be able to do 1080/30 if you turn off Gameworks effects.

Hrm. I'll probably bite on the key for it. Don't want to pay 4x the price for the PS4 version. If I find it to be unplayable I can just wait til they patch it, knowing I got it super cheap.

viveks86

Sorry, I meant 60fps cap.

The issue is the same with a cap. Tearing happens when the engine is generating frames at a frequency that is not in sync with what the monitor/TV displays. When frame timing is all over the place, you will get tearing regardless of cap. The only way that could be addressed is with Gsync, or vsync at 30 fps.

It's not just the rain textures that are bogus, the damage texture also disappears outside of cutscenes for me.

Oh! Wasn't aware of that.

AlterOdin

It's not just the rain textures that are bogus, the damage texture also disappears outside of cutscenes for me.

What does "damage texture" entail? Damage on batmobile, on batman or something else?

Patiently awaiting a patch to fix performance, so haven't played more than 10 min into the story.

jorimt

I'm pretty sure the damage glitches out if at any point you switch from the default skins to DLC skins, and then back again during your playthrough. This is also happening on the console versions from what I've read on the official forums.

I never changed my skin, and while I did have the weaker rain effects, Batman's suit and the Batmobile became progressively more damaged in appearance the further into the story it got, at least on mine.

Skyzard

Banned
Good god that looks incredible, I need this game to git gud quick so I can play it!

Hope so too, the better they make it the more we can push it - if they add more options :p Actually working properly with a higher framerate would be good. But all the small details really add up. Feels really great quite often.

I'm pretty sure the damage glitches out if at any point you switch from the default skins to DLC skins, and then back again during your playthrough. This is also happening on the console versions from what I've read on the official forums.

I never changed my skin, and while I did have the weaker rain effects, Batman's suit and the Batmobile became progressively more damaged in appearance the further into the story it got, at least on mine.

Yeah I did switch a couple of times, though the batmobile got damaged just fine. Though I got the damaged back suit back now after the main story was completed.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
any news on the steam registry? man i hope we get at least a patch that fixes the uneven framerate, everything else i can wait

Irobot82

So one I got to the third island things finally started to stutter and jutter. I don't know if it is the because of the buildings on that island or say like the extra militia stuff but it is noticeably worse than the other\s.

scitek

They released the last one ahead of a weekend, and this is a holiday weekend in the states, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're rushing to get a patch out the door for it.

Top Bottom