• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

kamspy

Just out of curiosity what are your specs and settings you are running at right now?

AMD 1055T @3.5
GTX Titan @1.1
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Borderless 1080
vsync off
Everything else on/high
Max prerwndered frame 1
ini tweaks in this op

It's curious because my CPU is literal garbage and I seem to be running this game with less problems than people with much more computing power. The only thing I can think of is the 6gb on my Titan.

Game runs generally the way I expected it to if I hadn't read the bad reviews.

AMD 1055T @3.5
GTX Titan @1.1
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Borderless 1080
vsync off
Everything else on/high
Max prerwndered frame 1
ini tweaks in this op

It's curious because my CPU is literal garbage and I seem to be running this game with less problems than people with much more computing power. The only thing I can think of is the 6gb on my Titan.

HDD or SSD?

R3TRODYCE

I think I'm going to finish this before the patch hits. After I turned off the nvidia smoke it stopped crashing and the performance has been great for me.

hlhbk

AMD 1055T @3.5
GTX Titan @1.1
8 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Borderless 1080
vsync off
Everything else on/high
Max prerwndered frame 1
ini tweaks in this op

Out of curiosity do you have gsync?

I just ran it this weekend for the first time and after putting the edits in place from the OP in the .ini files stuff ran decent for me. No stuttering. That being said the FPS was all over the place, but since I have Gsync it was still super smooth since it never dropped below 40 FPS. I have everything on including Nvidia stuff. Specs:

Intel 4970K
8 GB RAM
GTX 980
Windows 8.1
SSD
Gsync
1080p

That being said on the hardware I have I fully expect a much smoother experience. I can run the Witcher 3 at 1080p with hairworks on for everything but Geralt and I never drop below 60 FPS. To answer your question above I 100% except for higher textures on PC than on consoles. I expect them to treat PC development equally and get the same performance for it that they give to the consoles. You should to.

NeonBlack

I really hope that their next patch fixes the bugged Riddler trophies as well. I have one I can't get on Stagg's ship (where you open the gate with the box but tilting the ship does nothing).

Had the same problem. Said "Fuck it!!!!", I quit the tilt controls, and the bastard went flying.

mboojigga

I don't think the developer is the problem. I think this has To do with completion by schedule. I blame the publisher vs the devs if they needed more time they should have delayed it. They delayed Arkam Asylum PC for more development time. I have averaged 50fps on all settings at 4k and how beautiful this game looks and plays optiminization is what's left and delaying it for that should have been the call.

kamspy

No gsync. Playing from the couch on a TV.

If I lock it at 30 with inspector it seems to give the same performance as PS4. No hard stutters or hitching.

As far as the future of PC texture resolution, I think this relationship were use accustom to is going to change. GTA5 is a perfect example. My 680 had trouble matching console texture resolution.

I think ports are going to be very interesting. I don't own a console so I'm in it with you guys. Really glad I didn't go with a 4GB card.

hlhbk

No gsync. Playing from the couch on a TV.

If I lock it at 30 with inspector it seems to give the same performance as PS4. No hard stutters or hitching.

No offense man but I couldn't do 30 FPS. IMO if you are happy with that just game on a console. Like I said I expect them to take advantage of the more powerful hardware.

kamspy

With my CPU I expect it these days. Gonna wait as long as I can to upgrade there. I'm waiting for a mid range Intel part with 6-8 physical cores.

My little 1055t is still kicking enough to have prioritized the GPU upgrade first.

Evo X

Damn, just had my first crash after 22 hours of playing.

Weird that it happened while I was checking the move list in the pause menu.

kinggroin

Banned
No offense man but I couldn't do 30 FPS. IMO if you are happy with that just game on a console. Like I said I expect them to take advantage of the more powerful hardware.

Framerate isnt the only benefit to gaming on PC. Gtfo out of here with that "game on a console" nonsense.

"PS4 quality" for a $100 less (more if you count getting two games) and generally better deals on games isn't so bad. But it doesn't excuse shit poor performance of what should be way better than PS4 quality.

hlhbk

Framerate isnt the only benefit to gaming on PC. Gtfo out of here with that "game on a console" nonsense.

I was responding to his comments. Of course there are other benefits but 60+ fps is a very key benefit. Get a gsync monitor and hardware powerful enough to run games above 60 fps and you will never go back to 30 fps

Just had my first crash with bringing up the Panessa Studios map and having artifacts, guess it's a common bug though. It was fine when I started the game back up.

EDIT: Just had it happen again while zooming into the map, went to the city view without my pressing a button and then went kaput.

I was responding to his comments. Of course there are other benefits but 60+ fps is a very key benefit. Get a gsync monitor and hardware powerful enough to run games above 60 fps and you will never go back to 30 fps

Nonsense, some people just don't give a fuck whether it's 60 or 30, don't tell people what they should or shouldn't like.

hengyu

Really want to play this game, but am waiting to play it in its full glory... Any news on when the patch's releasing?

dex3108

Ah =/

I could have sworn I saw some guy post about some patch update shenanigans based on steamdb entries or something

Full Patch entry was removed yesterday and they uploaded new build in database. I hoped that Full Patch entry will be released yesterday or tomorrow but that won't happen now unfortunately.

Zakalwe

Banned
No...if there was any news the last few posts and the OP would've reflected that.

Not if the OP or a mod hasn't gotten around to adding it, information could have been recently released.

Really hoping this gets fixed soon, itching to take on my NG+ but I really want 1080/60. The brief moments I played with a stable 60 before I locked it down to 30 show how much this game benefits from the higher framerate.

Jelle

Based on info from the recent articles about the port/qa mess it would surprise me if this game will be really fixed anytime soon..

roytheone

Full Patch entry was removed yesterday and they uploaded new build in database. I hoped that Full Patch entry will be released yesterday or tomorrow but that won't happen now unfortunately.

The full patch entry has just returned, so hopefully the patch isn't too far out.

Not if the OP or a mod hasn't gotten around to adding it, information could have been recently released.

Really hoping this gets fixed soon, itching to take on my NG+ but I really want 1080/60. The brief moments I played with a stable 60 before I locked it down to 30 show how much this game benefits from the higher framerate.

Hence me also saying "the last few posts".

Parsnip

Hehe.

I guess the newest "full patch" branch was a lemon since they renamed it to "Zep-MS17_0.05-WBQA-PC_1088948-07_06_2015_Auto - BAD BUILD".

Parsnip

Oh you are right, looks like I'm going blind.
They renamed both of them, which is where I just leaped and laughed and didn't even look at the build number.

Shari

Zep-MS17_0.05-WBQA-PC_1088948-07_06_2015_Auto - BAD BUILD

Horror game of the year.

I keep getting notifications about this thread and you guys are discussing if there is one or two bad builds, sigh.

datamage

*sigh* I keep checking this thread in hopes of good news...

I've settled for playing @4K/30fps (DSR) -- but I want my 60fps... damnit.

jett

D-Member
Been over two weeks. Shit's still broken. Haven't gotten an update on the situation in over a week. That's nice.

b0bbyJ03

well, I never pre-order for the sake of pre-ordering. Sales/deals on the other hand, are kind of irresistible to me. I only pre-ordered because Nuuvem had it for $28.

Been over two weeks. Shit's still broken. Haven't gotten an update on the situation in over a week. That's nice.

This is very uncool. No quick estimates or status updates at all on the patch. Everything is all dark and secretive about what they're doing. While a status update or estimate on the patch won't fix the game, it will definitely ease my frustration on the situation.

Right now, I'm checking for a patch every singe day, and my heart sinks a little when I don't see one. I think "Welp, another day I won't be able to play Batman." I shouldn't have to feel this way. If they would just interact with their community a little more, then I wouldn't feel so shitty about this entire situation.

Sure would be nice if Sefton Hill (or anyone, really) would give us PC players an update.

sf1I2zH.gif

jorimt

Sure would be nice if Sefton Hill (or anyone, really) would give us PC players an update.

Well, I'd take this with a grain of salt (maybe a bucket?), but I did spot this thread on the official Arkham forums:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/ABOUT-NEW-PATCH/m-p/598842#M11614

Some user named "fakeer" (hmm...) claims to have private messaged with "Yorick," the Community admin on the official forums. A link to screenshots of his messages (for "proof" of his communications) are contained within the post I linked above.

Basically, if the messages are to be believed, Yorick is saying that there simply isn't much to say at this point, only that they are actively testing new patches with the QA team, and don't want to be hasty with a release, small patch or no. If true, the recent SteamDB activity would seem to reflect this.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
In an incredible sad turn of events i dont care about this game anymore, it went from being my most beloved franchise to something meaningless to me, i found it incredibly disrespectful that not even a fucking tweet has been made this past week to let people that stood by them know anything, something, oh well

Top Bottom