• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong | OT | IGNorant Ape

winjer

Gold Member
Send this to the Concord devs lol.

c0vHf1c.png

Kill Me Now Neil Patrick Harris GIF

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Bosses are not easy. Encountered my first two phase boss fight. I have to say game journalists aren't going to like this.

Currently europe is at work and the US is either sleeping or starting to wake up
According to Steam sales the game is 1st in USA, France, UK, Spain and basically everywhere I checked
I think the peak is still far away

Little Mac

Gold Member
Woke up and started looking for PS5 performance impressions and then started to get the feeling that this Is this one of those "get kicked in the nuts until you learn to love it" type games. Might wait for a demo or a sale.

Regardless, how are you guys enjoying it so far? What would you score it after your limited time with it?

tommib

Woke up and started looking for PS5 performance impressions and then started to get the feeling that this Is this one of those "get kicked in the nuts until you learn to love it" type games. Might wait for a demo or a sale.

Regardless, how are you guys enjoying it so far? What would you score it after your limited time with it?
Too early my brother. It’s a beat em up with lush graphics/10.

GHG

Gold Member
Just need a technical breakdown of how this performs on PS5 before deciding what version to get.

For those of you with 4090s what is the stutter etc like?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The intro sequence alone, the way it was shot and directed absolutely destroys The Monkey King 2016 movie with it's pathetic CGI lol. The cloud particle simulation during combat is amazing as well, I haven't seen anything like this before. Love the art direction, the atmosphere, the sense of place and the sheer amount of detail and objects everywhere as well. It's astounding that all of this comes from a completely unknown and new studio which hasn't done anything like this before. Combat and movement feels a bit too floaty through and a bit unresponsive - Elden Ring feels much better at 30 FPS so it's not hardware problem.

Last edited:

demigod

It's Stephen Chow movie lol. All of his movie are comedy. Not action focus like Jakie Chan so yeah it's kind of hard to get in if you're not familar with his movie.

I don't think there're any good movie about Wukong or Journey to the West. If you want to watch "Journey to the West", you should watch TV series instead of movie since the novel story is too fucking long.

The classic series is from 1986 when the CGI is shit. But it's the most popular version from all over Asia. I don't know about other version since I only watch 1986 version when I was a kid but you can try newer version if you think the classic one is too ugly.
1986, gross. Personally I like the 2nd one with Benny Chan.

pasterpl

So is it fair to say that Xbox will get a complete, bug free version in couple of months (as some people suggest about Indiana Jones ps5 version)? /s

ClosBSAS

Is it good ?
The first revealed gameplay did nothing to me and somehow the artstyle/graphics doesn't click with me.

I checked really quickly some gameplay but looks a bit "bland" ("Generic" is probably a better word).
Also so heard that quite some bugs were there post chapter 1 but the dev forbidde to show images from Chapter 2 onward before release (NDA for review). Which is a dick move in my opinion and make me reluctant to check it.
Restricting the reviewer to show only very early game section is a suspicious move for me.
Nah, its good, and its good af. Phenomenal game. Try it. On oc maxed out, true next gen stuff.

DelireMan7

Nah, its good, and its good af. Phenomenal game. Try it. On oc maxed out, true next gen stuff.
Checked a bit more. Looks ok (still pretty generic for me) but I am not in the mood for this type of game.
And realistic graphics don't do much to me. Quite the opposite actually.
Looks a bit like a boss rush. And from what I saw, boss life are going down way too slow making the character attack feeling quite weak. Anyway as I said, not in the mood for that.

I'll probably try it in several months/years when I feel the itch for this type of game.

Last edited:

Stafford

Watched a stream and the more I see of it the more i start to think it just might not be for me. The general enemies are fine but I saw this player fight a tiger boss and the player's hits did very little damage, whereas the boss did tons.

Also the fact that these bosses just don't visibly react to hits really stands out in a bad way. Do you get different weapons at all or will it just be the stick? It seems to me that this might get repetitive and boring after a while, especially with bosses taking so long, way longer than Soulsborne.

Maybe I just need to play it.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Not easy for me. The 1st proper boss(big head monk) is harder than any early game boss in Souls imo. I'm starting to figure him out. It's a super fun fight!

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
Played around 1.5 hours. It is kind of a boss rush, because the inbetween part is short and dull. Level design is basic, lots of invisible walls, enemies are sparse and easy. Definitely the highlight are the bosses, the combat shines there.

simpatico

Gold Member
Buying this the moment I get home. Anyone with a 1080 or 2070, lmk how that perf is. I’m fine playing 1080p with a mix of low and medium. UE5 doesn’t really have a setting that looks bad. Hopefully my 7800x3D continues to bail me out.

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Finished the intro sequence, definitely had GoW vibes, "epic" being the operative word (still doesn't touch GoW 3's opening though). Playing on Performance Mode (PS5), looks great through frame rate was iffy, apparently this only applies in the opening sequence. Now I have to wait for the rest to download and my internet is wigging out, won't get any time in tonight it seems. Final thought: English voices are *fantastic*, don't know what the fuck some people are talking about.

Just need a technical breakdown of how this performs on PS5 before deciding what version to get.

For those of you with 4090s what is the stutter etc like?
People playing it on PS5 say that both Quality and performance are good and that the game is in a state similar to Elden Ring or FF7 Rebirth at launch and that this game is not comparable to Cyberpunk on PS4 or Jedi Survivor on PS5 when they launched, performance wise speaking.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Only 30 min in but yeah the game seems legit as fuck.
And it run pretty great on pc, even without the nvidia driver.

Btw how the fuck do i change the text language? It says that i can only change it from the main menu but there is no option...
Edit: nevermind.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
People playing it on PS5 say that both Quality and performance are good and that the game is in a state similar to Elden Ring or FF7 Rebirth at launch and that this game is not comparable to Cyberpunk on PS4 or Jedi Survivor on PS5 when they launched, performance wise speaking.

Ok so that means framerates aren't rock solid?

Easy decision in that case, PC version it is.

Top Bottom