• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking: Israel launches Operation Protective Edge against Hamas in Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwr0ogS.jpg

"They have to die and their houses should be demolished so that they cannot bear any more terrorists," Shaked said, adding, "They are all our enemies and their blood should be on our hands. This also applies to the mothers of the dead terrorists.”

"Behind every terrorist stand dozens of men and women, without whom he could not engage in terrorism. They are all enemy combatants, and their blood shall be on all their heads. Now this also includes the mothers of the martyrs, who send them to hell with flowers and kisses. They should follow their sons, nothing would be more just. They should go, as should the physical homes in which they raised the snakes. Otherwise, more little snakes will be raised there."

facepalm.gif

JordanN

Banned
I don't know why you're giving an Israeli equivalent of the Tea Party attention.

If you're going to shit on Israel, at least direct it at the people who do control it (i.e Netanyahu).

Stuff like this, and Pilgor's "pollywood" comments are truly appalling to me. No way am I having a discussion about the current affairs on this level. The same goes for the Malaysian aircraft conspiracy guys of course.

Unfortunately, Pallywood actually exists. The truth dies first on both sides. All i am asking is that people should doubt every news. Especially when its blatantly obvious in provoking some emotions.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Man, why the fuck can't they just all live together in the same country with equal laws? Fuck...

Israelis are God's chosen people. Take your equality elsewhere. pal.

LNBL

I don't know why you're giving an Israeli equivalent of the Tea Party attention.

If you're going to shit on Israel, at least direct it at the people who do control it (i.e Netanyahu).

It could have been dismissible if she was just a random woman on the street, but she is a member of the Israeli Parliament. You can't just shout shit like that as a parliament member and then tell people to not pay attention to it.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Man, why the fuck can't they just all live together in the same country with equal laws? Fuck...

With how the westbank is settled now, this is really the only viable way to get peace imo. Of course it will never happend, since then israelis wont be in a majority anymore.

LNBL

disgusting
Also did not mention the deleted tweet, since that was then the only soutce. But others have noticed it too, guess it's legit.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that NBC pulled that reporter out for security reasons, but sent another one back hours later. The one that got pulled out witnessed the killing on that beach and reported on it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

The party has 10% of the seats. That's 12 seats. The biggest party has 20 seats. They are also part of the ruling coalition. I don't see why you'd try to pass them off as a minor faction in Israeli politics. Then again, you seem to have a penchant for sweeping any negative news/opinions of Israel under the rug.

LNBL

The party has 10% of the seats. That's 12 seats. The biggest party has 20 seats. They are also part of the ruling coalition. I don't see why you'd try to pass them off as a minor faction in Israeli politics. Then again, you seem to have a penchant for sweeping any negative news/opinions of Israel under the rug.

12 seats vs 20 seats. Did not know that, thanks for letting us know.

Quotient

It doesn't matter. She is a member of Knesset and part of the Israeli government. Her words were outrageous and disgusting.

Unfortunately, Pallywood actually exists. The truth dies first on both sides. All i am asking is that people should doubt every news. Especially when its blatantly obvious in provoking some emotions.

I don't doubt it exists, but the context it was posted in was in immediate response to a legitimate video of a Palestinian mother crying over the death of her children

As if you couldn't check the video's source before making such an offensive claim

Pilgor

I don't doubt it exists, but the context it was posted in was in immediate response to a legitimate video of a Palestinian mother crying over the death of her children

As if you couldn't check the video's source before making such an offensive claim

The video source was someone's Facebook.

LNBL

The video source was a reporter, actually a great reporter for nbc.

The source was indeed that reporter, the video that was posted here was uploaded to FB and shared here. Does not mean people should not research sources before dismissing it as PALLYWOOD.

#LetAymanReport trends after NBC correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin reportedly pulled out of Gaza

Viewers call for US network to continue Mohyeldin's coverage from Gaza.
Journalist Glenn Greenwald published an article (link is external) saying NBC News correspondent Ayman Mohyeldin was ordered to leave Gaza. Greenwald cited an unnamed NBC source who said Mohyeldin was pulled for "security concerns." Greenwald also said Mohyeldin was "removed completely" from reporting on Gaza by an NBC executive.

NBC has not provided any official statement regarding Mohyeldin's departure from Gaza.

Mohyeldin is a former Al Jazeera English correspondent who reported exclusively from Gaza with fellow correspondent Sherine Tadros during the 2008-2009 Israeli offensive known as Operation Cast Lead.

Using #LetAymanReport (link is external), some are demanding answers and calling for NBC to let Mohyeldin continue his coverage from Gaza.
I'm glad I live in 2014, when backhanded slimy shit like this cannot go unnoticed. Bring the dude back.

ZFrCgZi.jpg

BizQi5b.jpg

Pilgor

To be fair, Mohyeldin's reporting isn't exactly balanced.

In this first video, Mohyeldin claims Hamas does not use human shields, it's just a product of circumstance.

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/nbc-rep...s-terror-group-uses-civilians-human-shields-1

In the second video, Mohyeldin complains that the "United States does not have any direct contact with the Palestinian factions which it, and Israel, and others label as terrorist organizations. Despite the fact Hamas did win democratic elections"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...t_acknowledge_hamas_wont_reign_in_israel.html

Of course this does not discredit what he saw on the beach, the pictures and videos speak for themselves.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
n the second video, Mohyeldin complains that the "United States does not have any direct contact with the Palestinian factions which it, and Israel, and others label as terrorist organizations. Despite the fact Hamas did win democratic elections"

wait - is this wrong in some way?

The fact that this came from a person from the Parliament, without major repercussion or full worldwide coverage is unacceptable in any possible way

you'd think, given history, that someone in that position would avoid basically making statements that look like they came straight out of 1940s era Nazism but nope.

To be fair, Mohyeldin's reporting isn't exactly balanced.

In this first video, Mohyeldin claims Hamas does not use human shields, it's just a product of circumstance.

http://www.mrctv.org/videos/nbc-rep...s-terror-group-uses-civilians-human-shields-1

In the second video, Mohyeldin complains that the "United States does not have any direct contact with the Palestinian factions which it, and Israel, and others label as terrorist organizations. Despite the fact Hamas did win democratic elections"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...t_acknowledge_hamas_wont_reign_in_israel.html

Of course this does not discredit what he saw on the beach, the pictures and videos speak for themselves.

The first one is Mohyeldin recounting Hamas's explanation, not his personal views. The second is a pretty basic analysis of Arab views of the conflict that the site you linked somehow decides is a pro-Hamas rant.

The right-wing blogosphere is not to be trusted.

TheContact

Holy shit that's downright EVIL

edit: well apparently the sources all link to press.tv which inflated and twisted her words but it's still cold and evil. She quoted a journalist which said "They should follow in the footsteps of their sons. There is nothing more just than that. They need to go ... Otherwise, they will raise more little snakes there," and posted that on her fb.

"go" could mean "go away" but most likely is a euphemism for being killed. Cold, why can't we all just get along

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I just saw a rather hilarious video on YouTube of Palestinians marching in Washington DC with Martin Luther King Jr. plastered on their flag. What's up with that? Why MLK?

The guy recording is just minding his own business...and all of a sudden one Palestinian notices him recording and confronts him, starts cursing, pushing him, etc. His rambling and screaming at the American guy I found hilarious and shockingly bizarre, because it was totally unprovoked.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152575205174662&fref=nf

Razgreez

^^

This is some poorly placed attempted re-directive propaganda. Your collective (you and the others you're coordinating with here) efforts are slipping and it's rather embarrassing now

AlphaSnake

^^

This is some poorly placed attempted re-directive propaganda. Your collective (you and the others you're coordinating with here) efforts are slipping and it's rather embarrassing now

Wtf? I pointed out one random guy and how funny and bizarre I found his actions. I didn't make any generalization about a group. Calm yourself the hell down and read my previous posts, because I don't approve of the Israeli air-strikes.

Don't be so quick to jump and call someone an antagonist when I haven't even done a damn thing but post a video that happened in the United States and asked a question about WHY they're using MLK and if there was a significance behind it.

Wtf? I pointed out one random guy and how funny and bizarre I found his actions. I didn't make any generalization about a group. Calm yourself the hell down and read my previous posts, because I don't approve of the Israeli air-strikes.

Don't be so quick to jump and call someone an antagonist when I haven't even done a damn thing but post a video that happened in the United States and asked a question about WHY they're using MLK and if there was a significance behind it.

This thread is a total shithole. It is mirroring the conflict pretty well actually

AlphaSnake

This thread is a total shithole. It is mirroring the conflict pretty well actually

Tell me about it. I've only made a small handful of posts (7 or so) in this entire 60+ page thread.

I'm apparently part of "coordinating collective" now.

I'm out of here.

As I said a few pages ago, I'm glad they are finally changing course and going with ground.

IDF will be suspending rocket fire as ground troops prepare to infiltrate instead.

"@IDF: Our goal is to target Hamas' tunnels that enable terrorists to infiltrate Israel and carry out attacks. This requires precise operations."

"UNRWA: We found 20 rockets in one of our schools in Gaza http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-strongly-condemns-placement-rockets-school …"
But he wishes for a ground offensive, which will raise civiliian death toll significantly. It's clear he 1

1. Did not say to stop war and
2. Wishes an intensified war effort

I'm guessing civil rights? As the Palestinians currently don't have any in Gaza. Yeah it is a little strange though. I'd expect Mandela or someone more.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
as a german..am i allowed to say something to that?

i am sad that this happens. it's sad that people cheer for the killing of other people and that a person in a parliament wishes the dead of all palestinians.

sad that they can't have peace. what they could do with that energy and money they shoot at each other...they could build houses for everyone with that money.

AlphaSnake

But he wishes for a ground offensive, which will raise civiliian death toll significantly. It's clear he 1

1. Did not say to stop war and
2. Wishes an intensified war effort

You should read further back why I'd prefer a ground offensive.

Razgreez

Your lack of comprehension is quite telling. I did not call you an antagonist. No I called your actions re-directive. Let me spell it out for you in a way a child would understand:

News: israel is invading their self maintained concentration camp (more deaths likely to result)
You: Oh look at these strange/nasty things palestinian supporters are doing on the other side of the world

I understand you're sticking to the script but I think us gaffers are worthy of a little bit of improvisation atleast

Interesting tidbit from when I visited Israel a couple of weeks ago and was actually only 3 miles from the gaza strip when they started ramping up the launching of rockets.

My cousin lives there and basically told me that over 90% of people in the army hate it. They have a phrase, basically "Until When", that expresses their exasperation over having to serve and their desire for it to be over soon. He could be exaggerating or lying so take it with a grain of salt. People his age also are very biased due to the massive amounts of suicide bombings by groups such as Hamas that took place in the early 2000s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_suicide_attacks

Every single Israeli soldier I met on the trip has known at least one person who has died in a terror attack or war. I'm sure the Palestinians can say the same. I also don't think it is just to treat the Palestinians the way the Israelis have treated them, I don't really have an answer for why all these things are happening.

We all know there are massive ethical grievances that are happening on both sides and it is a shame it has come to this. I don't know when peace will come to this region and I still hold out hope it can. but I think everyone in this thread can agree on at least that.

We all know there are massive ethical grievances that are happening on both sides and it is a shame it has come to this. I don't know when peace will come to this region and I still hold out hope it can. but I think everyone in this thread can agree on at least that.
Israel occupying a population and keeping them under a blockade, all the while slowly stealing their land is tad bit higher on the crime scale than ethical grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom