• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Personally, I like 3p games best. 2p games are really fun too. 4p games are ok every now and then. And 5, I don't know it feels like if you get some bad cards in a row and other players get a streak of good useful cards going, you're never ever going to catch up.

IMO there's too little cards in the standard game for 4-5 people, I think they can get quite interesting when the in-app add-ons get released (please drop some news on this Carc-developer, I would even pay €4,- a piece, although I never played them before:lol)

Still amazed by this game's awesomeness:D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kennah said:
I'd like in on this!
pm me then!

Personally, I like 3p games best. 2p games are really fun too. 4p games are ok every now and then. And 5, I don't know it feels like if you get some bad cards in a row and other players get a streak of good useful cards going, you're never ever going to catch up.

IMO there's too little cards in the standard game for 4-5 people, I think they can get quite interesting when the in-app add-ons get released (please drop some news on this Carc-developer, I would even pay €4,- a piece, although I never played them before)

Still amazed by this game's awesomeness
agreed on all points other than i like 4 best because that's when cooperation can really start to play a role. 5 is fun but is 90% luck

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Top players's list. I think this covers everyone on GAF but who knows maybe I'm missing a couple people. Editor's note Carc ELO is purely for recreational purposes and has not been scientifically proven to increase e-peen size. (For example I know for a fact that anyone with a >1350 ranked ELO would beat me 4/5 in head-to-head regardless of Friend ELO.)

5txx09.jpg

Grifter

Didn't even know I could check ELO. Pretty good tally for a week's play. It's calculated in a way to scare off players, tho. The game that ended yesterday had me in first at +18 ELO, yet Astro was 4th at -29. Had to chuckle at that.

Nobody's making their moves this afternoon and in unrelated news, I'm being productive at work.

AirBrian

Grifter said:
Didn't even know I could check ELO. Pretty good tally for a week's play. It's calculated in a way to scare off players, tho. The game that ended yesterday had me in first at +18 ELO, yet Astro was 4th at -29. Had to chuckle at that.

Nobody's making their moves this afternoon and in unrelated news, I'm being productive at work.

:lol Same!

:-(

Karud

AstroLad said:
Top players's list. I think this covers everyone on GAF but who knows maybe I'm missing a couple people. Editor's note Carc ELO is purely for recreational purposes and has not been scientifically proven to increase e-peen size. (For example I know for a fact that anyone with a >1350 ranked ELO would beat me 4/5 in head-to-head regardless of Friend ELO.)

5txx09.jpg

And if you lose, you fall deep. Just dropped nearly fifty points within one day.
Slowly recovering though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol yeah exactly. think i lost 50 points in a single game once. that's why ELO is only for recreational purposes!

AstroLad said:

5txx09.jpg
My 1200 leaves me solidly off that list. =(

Holy shit, the hot seat multiplayer is awesome. Finally got a chance to try it. It was beautiful weather last night, we played Carc, outside, stoned, for 4-5 hours, till 5 in the morning, on a random park bench :lol. Time was flying.

My friends really liked the game. And after the first game, which was kinda slow due to me having to explain the rules, point scoring, etc, one of 'em was quite good already. Though I sometimes gave them advice about tile placement to give them some more insight in how to play the game.

Also love my Mophie Juice Pack Air, without it we would've only played 1 game.

I wouldn't mind some PMs from anyone who hasn't PMed me so far as well. I need to start some more games up as well, running low.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
sry been in meetings all day so haven't had the chance to take more than one turn in each game (bathroom break) will catch up late tonite

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah one-point games, so delicious when you're on the winning end. I do wish ELO took margin of victory into account. Would make sense and give you extra incentive even if you're having a rough go pulling tiles.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
swoon said:
i promise not to go on vacation ever again (without my ipad) if someone would invite me to some matches.
I just sent you a 4p-game invite about an hour ago and you have not yet joined. MASSIVE FAIL!1

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah pm me your email. i'll start a couple new games tomorrow even though i'm getting up there in ongoing games again

swoon

so missing your turn in a quick match is an instant loss, harsh.

i wish you could add "recently played" people to your friends list.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
swoon said:
so missing your turn in a quick match is an instant loss, harsh.

i wish you could add "recently played" people to your friends list.
I think there is a way around that by pausing or something. Had someone bail on me and not instalose but I don't know how and I don't play ranked anymore.

Karud

AstroLad said:
I think there is a way around that by pausing or something. Had someone bail on me and not instalose but I don't know how and I don't play ranked anymore.

No, there is not! If you don't make your turn within the timelimit, you lose.
The developers recommend to pause the game, when the opponent quits, just to be
sure you get the points. Once the opponent logs in again, he loses.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I swear it's however many weeks later and I'm still having as much fun with this game as I did on day one. More so even now that there is a super wide variety of gaffers to play with.

mehdi_san

This game is so fun, but I'm getting my ass kicked. I still need to understand the system for the fields, that's where my opponents always get more points than me :lol

Top Bottom