• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Karud

mehdi_san said:
This game is so fun, but I'm getting my ass kicked. I still need to understand the system for the fields, that's where my opponents always get more points than me :lol

After playing a tile with a field segment, the player may place a follower lying down on it as a Farmer. The farm is considered to extend from that farmer across all tiles directly connected to it by fields, with roads and cities ending the field. When the game ends, the player with most followers in each farm gain three points for each city touching the farm. Normal Followers and Big Followers can be placed as farmers, they are worth one and two followers respectively.

Annotation: City needs to be acomplished to score points, size doesn't matter. They only score at the very end of the game, even if a farm is completely closed up.

Via Carcassonne Wikia

Maybe that help you a little. I think farms/ fields are the most complicated element of the basic edition.

AirBrian

Karud said:
Annotation: City needs to be acomplished to score points, size doesn't matter. They only score at the very end of the game, even if a farm is completely closed up.

Via Carcassonne Wikia

Maybe that help you a little. I think farms/ fields are the most complicated element of the basic edition.
And also the easiest way to make a comeback at the end of the game. I've had it happen to me a couple of times now. :lol

:-(

mehdi_san

Karud said:

Via Carcassonne Wikia

I think I'm getting it now. But I don't have any more excuses when I'm losing :( Thanks for the explanation though:D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah then you can start having eight meeps fighting for one farm like Slacker and I just did. :lol

One little nit I have is that once you hit "End" I don't believe there's any way to see subsequent discussion in chat. And there's also no way to Pause a finished game. Wish that it would pop the game back up if people said more stuff. Post-game talk is fun.

Slacker

AstroLad said:
Yeah then you can start having eight meeps fighting for one farm like Slacker and I just did. :lol

One little nit I have is that once you hit "End" I don't believe there's any way to see subsequent discussion in chat. And there's also no way to Pause a finished game. Wish that it would pop the game back up if people said more stuff. Post-game talk is fun.
Was just thinking the same thing. And damnit I thought I had that game. At least I won the Great Farm War of 2010. :D

AirBrian

I was going through my junk folder and noticed a couple of invites. Alex, please resend an invite because it was expired.

Grifter

I thought I had learned enough about the game to play with and evolve my style for the past few days. Now I have like 4 points mid-way though 4 separate games. Not sure if it's a bad run of tiles partially.

Grifter

4p is absolutely dumb luck. A short, dry run at the start and everyone else is dominating the board and you can't really target any single tile when the deck is split 4 ways.

Karud

Yeah, we should take it all from him. Cause he keeps winning everything.

@ 4P games

Played 75 cards and had 2 points. Did it make to the second place though.
More players = more luck needed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I swear people only take turns when I'm about to make a move in another game, just hitting me with the dreaded Notification Lag and fucking up my placement. Happened twice today already. :lol

gotee12

Alright, I'm in. In game name is gotee12. PM me if you want fresh meat to beat up on. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this...

centracore

I won't be playing for awhile due to upgrading to a defective iPhone 4, and thanks to the magical MICRO SIM card I can't go back to my 3GS!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
that was gate's game; unfortunately once you send out the invites you can't re-invite anyone or invite other people or anything (would be nice if they fixed that though)

Grifter

woot!

i really need to stop staring and swiping intently into my phone as my manager enters the office. and at meetings.

centracore

Alright I'm back and ready to go if anyone wants to invite me into some games, Apple sent me a new iPhone 4 and I received it today.

Also, I promise I will take my turns quicker now.. reason I started slowing down with my 3GS was because Carcassonne was killing it's battery by lunchtime but that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Grifter

Having to wait for a replacement at launch must hurt.

My games are slowing to a cycle per day so I'm going to start a couple. Please let me know if you... er... no longer play but still managed to check this thread.

centracore

I'll spin up a couple games right away here, who's in? If you want in and you don't have me on your friends list then PM me your email.

AirBrian

centracore said:
I'll spin up a couple games right away here, who's in? If you want in and you don't have me on your friends list then PM me your email.
Damn, nice win! I knew it was going to be close!

And yeah, I'm up for a game.

Grifter

I went ahead and bought the board game on Amazon, and somebody's having fun with the product images.

517BLlGl71L._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005UNAX/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And WOW at the retail prices of these games!

gotee12

Gonna finish all the games I'm currently in with you guys and then I'm going to have bow out of any new games for a week. Next week is vacation and I won't have a lot of free time. But I'll be back.... :D

gotee12

Ice Monkey said:
Ok. So add me or whatever, I'm
Withheld to protect the innocent
or icem as my carc name, so let's go!
It's probably not a good idea to post your email addy like that. Just ask people to pm you...

oooh update:

What's New In Version 1.2

Here are a few new features and bug fixes we found while we're working on the iPad version.

NEW FEATURES:

- New "It's your turn somewhere else" indicator makes playing multiple games at once easier.
- Gameplay tweaks for better scrolling, last tile and status visibility
- Added some additional assets for Retina Displays
- Optional in-game clock, so you don't miss the bus

FIXES:

- Improved application badge behaviour
- Much better local network connectivity for Bluetooth and WiFi games
- Improved stability
- Better handling of and bug fixes for iOS 4 multitasking
- Made online games more stable
- Fixed a few animation and display glitches
- Better account status migration

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Grifter said:
Did they tweak the framing color on the tile that indicates the last move? That's hard to see in some colors.
yeah they're a lot better. the old ones you could barely see

whoa new notifications don't give you any lag either

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Darkflight said:
Had my first draw yesterday 1v1 -125 points was unexpected - I won (I think as my friend's rating was higher?)
are you referring to the ELO? a draw is just counted as a draw, but the person with the higher ELO will lose a few points (unless there's a huge discrepancy) while the other gains points

AstroLad said:
are you referring to the ELO? a draw is just counted as a draw, but the person with the higher ELO will lose a few points (unless there's a huge discrepancy) while the other gains points
Yeah, that's what happened, he was pissed :lol

Grifter

AstroLad said:
yeah they're a lot better. the old ones you could barely see

whoa new notifications don't give you any lag either
i thought green was yellow before realizing. my main complaint addressed!

Karud

AstroLad said:
just got back to the city. knocking out all my turns now first order of business before unpacking

Topic pretty much died without out. ^^

I would be in for some more games, if anyone wants to.

Top Bottom