• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne iPhone/iTouch

Grifter

AstroLad said:
just got back to the city. knocking out all my turns now first order of business before unpacking
when i'm on a trip, i make my moves in the bathroom. protip.

i've been sending too many invites so i'll hold off, but if anyone's making, i'm up for more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
since i haven't done one of these in a while:

2cx669.jpg

2rnx9vb.jpg

My moves will be delayed somewhat I imagine as I am flying to Germany (ironically) in like 20mins, gonna try and get the Wifi in the hotel running when I get there though.

AirBrian

Anyone else see you can get Frank from the "Incident" iPhone game for single-player use? Does anyone else actually play single-player? :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
AirBrian said:
Anyone else see you can get Frank from the "Incident" iPhone game for single-player use? Does anyone else actually play single-player? :lol
I learned the strategies and rules (had only played Carc once before) initially on SP, then real strategy on ranked, now I only play GAF. SP is really well-done; I just have no need for it.

suikodan

Add me to the players list.

If I understand right, it's not required to be "online" all together as we can play by email notification and I just need to enter the game and play my turn, it is?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yep drop me an email and i'll send you an invite. notifications are push notifications and you can also pop into the app to see where turns are at but it's completely asynchronous

mehdi_san

AirBrian said:
That's so awesome! All his tiles are 8bit style :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Posted this in the general ipod gaming thread to much acclaim and fanfare, but thought this may be a better crowd for it: Reiner Knizia's (of a kajillion eurogames fame) Samurai out on iTouch:
Description
==============
WELCOME
==============

It's a time of strife in feudal Japan and you dream of one day becoming Shogun and eventually Emperor.

Your goal is to gain the most influence from the 3 major castes: the Samurai, the Clergy, and the Peasant in this popular turn-based strategy game designed by award-winning game designer, Reiner Knizia.

==============
FEATURES (1.0)
==============

- Battle against the AI.

- Pass n Play with your friends.

- Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications.

- Full featured online profiles with ELO ratings, global ranking, achievement levels, and game statistics.

- In-depth tutorial.

==============
FAQ
==============

How about iPad?

Soon after the iPhone/iPod release, Samurai will be a universal app with native iPad support.
mzl.elrvcauz.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.mlfgibhb.320x480-75.jpg

$5 just like Carc. Not quite as pretty or elegant as Carc, but in the hour I've spent with the game it's quite fun. Tile-placement/area-control game that takes maybe 10m to learn. Tutorial is solid too. If anyone picks it up let me know so we can set up a game -- supposedly online w/ push just like Carc.

19Kilo

Ooooh I may have to jump on Samurai. Always wanted to try out the boardgame, and it looks like the iphone app is well made.

Grifter

AstroLad said:
damn griff that shit was intense. lucked out so hard getting that cloister at the end
you punk. like i said, free runback on your missed opportunity! also my one friend kept screwing me cuz i had just pwned him 1v1. like watching a child mimic daddy.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I just got this game. Super awesome so far.

My tag is Ermac. Looks like you can only add people by email? Anyone want to play? If Gaffers are still active I will PM for some emails

Jonnyram

You haven't invited me for ages... missing the GAF games :(
My ELO dropped a lot in the past few days with some really poor finishing!

19Kilo

I picked up Samurai. Only played one game so far against the CPU, but I think I have a basic understanding of the game. Cool game, there's definitely more strategy to it than at first appears.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I might start a separate thread if we get enough people playing. Think we have three so far though I've only played with joeyjoejoe. My name on there is AstroLad if you want to invite me to a game.

attractivetb

Neo Member
Hey AstroLad, I invited you to a game of Samurai...

Anyone else interested, feel free to add me: attractivetb

Also PM if you want to add me for Carcassonne....

19Kilo

AstroLad said:
I might start a separate thread if we get enough people playing. Think we have three so far though I've only played with joeyjoejoe. My name on there is AstroLad if you want to invite me to a game.

Invited you to a game.

Also started up a 4 player match with you, joeyjoejoe, and attractivetb

12 hour time limit per turn - I guess that's a decent compromise.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PM me your email and I'll set up a GAF game for you too. Try the tutorial first if you haven't! It's a simple game but their are some wonky things to it like the field scoring and sharing of roads and cities.

gotee12

Meatpuppet said:
Just got the game, and struggling to beat even easy opponents in SP! Anyone who fancies an easy win pm me!
Hold on now, I'm the "easy win" in this thread buddy...
:lol, I've yet to finish anywhere but last in any mp game!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah I was inching so close to a 1500 ELO then finish a not-so-distant 3rd in a 3P game and lose like 35 points :lol

Grifter

:lol :lol ggs on that wild one! think that's the first time I had 0 cloisters.

not only did airbrian get screwed on fields that game, but he fell short on the megacity and also over-compensated by using cloisters for farms!

attractivetb

Neo Member
AirBrian said:
So how many meebles did you guys have in the megacity? Were you up to two or three? I only had one.

We had 3....I couldn't squeeze in #4 on the edge there...it was such a ridiculous all-or-nothing strategy, I'm shocked it worked!

Just bought this game and I'd like some people to play online with. My username is Zissou. I've played a few times on 360, but it's been a long time so go easy on me. :lol

AirBrian

attractivetb said:
We had 3....I couldn't squeeze in #4 on the edge there...it was such a ridiculous all-or-nothing strategy, I'm shocked it worked!
Once I got two meebles behind, I bailed and went for the "nickel and dime to death" strategy since you guys' meebles were tied up in the megacity. Backfire am total. :lol

Top Bottom