• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Two: You get a cupcake, and you get a cupcake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Lets see what the rest of 2016 brings

Northwestern- loss
Notre Dame- loss
UVA- loss
Army- loss (they look pretty good this year)
Louisville- LOLoss
GT- loss
VT- loss
UNC- LOLoss
Pitt- loss
Da U- loss

On to basketball season.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Fixed.

Team is terribad this year.

Someone should get fired after this season.

No way, my team sucks way more than yours. We gae up 24 to a team that could only score 7 on Tulane. Our head coach has talented players, and ZERO idea on how to use them in the offense. Throw to the tight end? Nope. Use those rbs to soften up the defense on a hot day? nope. Swing passes all day long that get maybe 2 yards? yep.
You know where the head coach is just sort of the head coach in name only but doesn't actually call any plays? Thats where Cutcliffe needs to be. Still the shitty defense, poor tackling, terrible ST play and oline penalties are not his fault, well not directly anyway.

clav

No way, my team sucks way more than yours. We gae up 24 to a team that could only score 7 on Tulane. Our head coach has talented players, and ZERO idea on how to use them in the offense. Throw to the tight end? Nope. Use those rbs to soften up the defense on a hot day? nope. Swing passes all day long that get maybe 2 yards? yep.
You know where the head coach is just sort of the head coach in name only but doesn't actually call any plays? Thats where Cutcliffe needs to be. Still the shitty defense, poor tackling, terrible ST play and oline penalties are not his fault, well not directly anyway.

Yes way.

Northwestern lost to a FCS team. Final score says everything: 7-9.

Very anemic offense + defense + very questionable playcalling. Same story last week and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that. The only highlight this year is punting.

Linemen can't block. QB doesn't have time to pass yet whoever's coaching the QB keeps on insisting to throw. RB barely touches the ball all game.

Defense: Secondary keeps PI'ing. Defense bends and gives up on 3rd down to allow another 1st and 10 on a running or screen play. Rushes 3 in critical situations.

You will win. Northwestern will look for a new OC after this season after what fans have wanted for years.

When does basketball season start?

Illinois State wins!!! Kick hit the upright and went in

Lost in a Northwestern way.

jfkgoblue

Yes way.

Northwestern lost to a I-AA team. Very anemic offense + defense + very questionable playcalling. Same story last week and the season before that and the season before that and the season before that. The only highlight this year is punting.

Linemen can't block. QB doesn't have time to pass yet whoever's coaching the QB keeps on insisting to throw. RB barely touches the ball all game.

Defense: Secondary keeps PI'ing. Defense bends and gives up on 3rd down to allow another 1st and 10 on a running or screen play. Rushes 3 in critical situations.

You will win. Northwestern will look for a new OC after this season after what fans have wanted for years.
Western isn't FCS lmao

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ok, just got home. Saw about 1 and 1/4th of a quarter. Too hot for my mom, and had to leave. Seems like it was an average game for Alabama. Sounds like a couple dropped TD passes.

These all orange unis look so odd on Florida, how often do they wear them? That orange is brighter than the one Denver wears.

All orange twice last year. Brought back orange about a decade ago after it disappeared in the 90s. I feel like they wore orange pants once during the Leak era, maybe 2005 and then orange jerseys during Muschamp.

I like the orange, but I like it better over white pants.

Edit: looked it up. Orange pants against Bama in 2005. Got destroyed and they never saw the light of day again under Meyer.

I hope they don't do what I did in NCAA. Blue tops over orange pants as psychological warfare.

tebunker

Banned
Ok, just got home. Saw about 1 and 1/4th of a quarter. Too hot for my mom, and had to leave. Seems like it was an average game for Alabama. Sounds like a couple dropped TD passes.

I've never been so disappointed with a 28 point win.

Bama problems.

We had 11 penalties and a dumb turnover. This shouldn't have been a 28 point game.

Out first string D is possibly one of our best in the Saban era.

Out Oline needs to gel better

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

I hope that many mistakes isn't "average." So many penalties.

This is an insanely talented team that is eventually going to lose a game because of their own mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom