• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

TheFlow

Banned
Deluxe edition starting off right. but waiting for those binding reviews
51bVs5zK1hL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Vyer

It's all dependent on gutter loss. I have it all in trade format so I need someone to take that dive first. I hear that Multiversity is pretty inexcusable in terms of how much page loss their is.

Thanks for nothing, Will Eisner.

I am an omni noob, so I'm not even sure what Id be looking for

duckroll

I can't really imagine reading a 800 page omni. I would just leave it on the shelf and hope that it comes in handy some day as a weapon. Maybe. Gotham Central fucking rocks though.

Tizoc

I can't really imagine reading a 800 page omni. I would just leave it on the shelf and hope that it comes in handy some day as a weapon. Maybe. Gotham Central fucking rocks though.
Omnis also take up a lot of space on shelves etc
Better to just get them in small trades or hcs
I dont mind thick complete collections long as they aint too big

duckroll

lol just read and bookmark where you left off.

No the problem is the weight and size. I like to read my comics lying on my bed or on a sofa. I like hardcovers, but omnibuses are usually just too big. 200-300 pages is ideal. 400 pages I can handle. Beyond that I would only do it for a new volume of A Song of Ice and Fire on release day. :p

TheFlow

Banned
No the problem is the weight and size. I like to read my comics lying on my bed or on a sofa. I like hardcovers, but omnibuses are usually just too big. 200-300 pages is ideal. 400 pages I can handle. Beyond that I would only do it for a new volume of A Song of Ice and Fire on release day. :p

read all my comics lying down so I never have a problem with weight, but most comics have good binding to wear the pages don't flip over.

I understand why people don't like massive volumes but yah missing out.

? HCs usually take up more space than an omnibus collecting the same material.
Omnibus is the superior collecting method.

I rather own 8 nice quality books than for example 26 hc/tpd volumes of usagi. that is just too many of one series.

Considering a Marvel epic collections for today's order. Any opinions (for or against) on either of these?

Power Man & Iron Fist Epic Collection

POWER MAN #48-49 and POWER MAN & IRON FIST (1978) #50-70.

Iron Fist Epic Collection

MARVEL PREMIERE #15-25, IRON FIST (1975) #1-15 and MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #63-64. Rated T+

Owzers

Raw was just plain bad last night, the facade of Shane changing things is as hollow as DC hyping up a relaunch.

Weirdworld #5 sw tie-in was okay but the longer i read sw tie-ins the more i think they are a pile of nothing no matter how much i like them once i started.

VanWinkle

250-500 page OHCs are the absolute greatest IMO. You get the oversized art but it's not too heavy to hold. I still really enjoy the omnibus format, though. I usually just read it at my desk.

It's all dependent on gutter loss. I have it all in trade format so I need someone to take that dive first. I hear that Multiversity is pretty inexcusable in terms of how much page loss their is.

DC's omnis don't have gutter loss. They haven't in a year or two. In fact, their normal OHCs don't have gutter loss anymore either, because they've been using sewn bindings for them since the beginning of this year.

Multiversity had a little bit of gutter loss unfortunately, but it wasn't much. I'd hardly call it "inexcusable" (I know that's just what you heard and not what you're actually saying it is). Purely glued bindings are much worse than it, being a glued/sewn binding.

Top Bottom