• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

http://all-comic.com/2016/return-king-civil-war-ii-kingpin-1-coming-july/

Holy fuck at this cover

QLwmu5s.jpg

I want to read a Shazam Black Adam Book, what do you recommend?

Black Adam: The Dark Age. Or 52. The latter doesn't focus just on Black Adam, but it's a good story and you should read it anyway.

I doubt you'll be able to find a cheap physical copy of The Dark Age, but CMX has it.

LosDaddie

Banned
Is this deal always running or is just today? I really want to pick this up but don't get paid till tomorrow :(

Any chance they will sell out too?

Those sales typically run for 1 week. After that, books only get about a 42% discount on IST.

I'm not planning on buying my copy until Friday (payday). As for AoA selling out....probably not anytime soon. I imagine Marvel ordered a large print run for the movie coming out.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Black Adam: The Dark Age. Or 52. The latter doesn't focus just on Black Adam, but it's a good story and you should read it anyway.

I doubt you'll be able to find a cheap physical copy, but
52 is going to be reprinted over the next half year, already preordered, since its from Gran. I read once the first couple of weeks and had no idea what was going, but I will try again.
The Dark Age is 60€ :(

Vic_Viper

Order the AoA Omni from IST just now. Hope they haven't sold out already. This is a great deal imo, how often do they have deals like this? I've never been to this site before, always bought from Amazon before.

I can't wait til next week. Uni presentation will be done and Dark Souls 3 is the light at the end of the tunnel.

And don't forget the Ni-oh alpha coming out from April 26th to May 5th. If you haven't heard of it, it's from Team Ninja, and it's basically Dark Souls with a samurai theme. Gameplay looks way better, though.

Boogiepop

How good/not good is Wicked & Divine? The HC worth considering or no? And is that Superman: Emperor Joker trade the thing that people always mention with that title? Also, any opinions on 5000 KM Per Second?

Considering an IST order despite wanting to hold off for the third Johns GL omni, which should be next week, I think?

LosDaddie

Banned
Order the AoA Omni from IST just now. Hope they haven't sold out already. This is a great deal imo, how often do they have deals like this? I've never been to this site before, always bought from Amazon before.

The omnibus is a reprint. But yeah, those sales are typical for IST and CGN until they run out of stock.

Time will tell. Nobody wanting to keep up with the storylines is saving any money on a monthly basis. $6 a month per book you read adds up fast. You are getting double the content. I'm hoping they can keep the quality up with so much output.

$3 issues on a monthly basis would be more ideal in my opinion. Sales numbers after the initial Rebirth spike will prove if they're making the right decision. I'll be in for that first wave, but it's going to take some damn good books for me to shell out $6 a month.

You must not buy any Marvel books then. Aren't they all $5-6 at this point?

You must not buy any Marvel books then. Aren't they all $5-6 at this point?

He lives!

Nah, they're still sticking to that $3.99 price-point. Sometimes $4.99 if they feel like it. I think there was a recent issue of Doctor Strange that was $5 and I have no idea why.

Good good.

Speaking of good, Enter the Gungeon's a pretty good videogame.

Is that one of those shitty rogue-likes?

Mitch

Banned
IST order complete. How did I do?

5000 Km Per Second HC
Ms. Marvel HC Vol.1
Ms. Marvel HC Vol.2
Wonder Woman Earth One HC Vol.1
I added Wonder Woman to my wishlist. Definitely adding Ms. Marvel to it as well.

Wow. Black Panther #1 is going to be fucking incredible.

https://twitter.com/whoisrico/status/717447748665131009
Can't wait! Won't get mine until 4:50PM or so tomorrow.

I have three options:

Read comics

Continue to watch Empire

Play OnePiece: Pirate Warriors 3

Decisions...
Nobody reads comics.

I'm probably going to do nothing comics related tonight. Just want to eat.

He lives!

Nah, they're still sticking to that $3.99 price-point. Sometimes $4.99 if they feel like it. I think there was a recent issue of Doctor Strange that was $5 and I have no idea why.

There are something like 4-5 books every week now at the $5 point, it's ridiculous

Yet I keep buying them

Eidjinn

(to those who don't know what it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection)

I stopped reading comics 17 or so years, and I was shocked to see the level of quality of some publications nowadays, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos Imperative.

So, from that big collection of Marvel graphic novels, what this colletcion is lacking?

I really want to star reading comics again, but it's just that... I apparently lost all the great Marvel stories. Or DC Comics... or image...

My background: I think I read comics through the worst part of the history of comics, which is some time before the Age os Apocalypse, and then stopped with Onslaught. To me, Avengers, all of them, were horrible and the only really good thing that I read from Marvel was Kevin Smith's Daredevil (which was awesome... for me).

From DC comics... I read the Death of Superman and some of the titles like Superboy and Cyborg. Batman, I read his fight with Bane and all of the Batmans, too. Captain Marvel I really loved the Jerry Ordway origin story, but the monthly comic was really weak. That's it I guess.

The Vertigo line I read Garth Ennis's Constantine and Preacher.

From Image, I read the first 13 or so issues of: Witchblade, Spawn, Gen 13, Wild Cats, Cyber Force and Darkness. Are they any good nowadays?

Actually, I was not totally away from comics, as I read: Rising Stars, Ex Machina, Irredeemable, and a few issues of Sin City.

Things that are in my checklist (aside that entire collection): Animal-man, Sandman (when it's reprinted in my country...), Saga, Ms Marvel (the new one and the old one, which I don't know where to start), Moon Knight, Miracleman, Sex Criminals, Infinity, Dark Avengers, Superior Spiderman and Hawkeye.

Also in my list: Transmetropolitan, Astro City, Green Lantern Rebirth, Green Lantern the Sinestro Corps, probably the entire Hellboy universe and The Invisibles.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Nice starting pointing (that collection)? No?

About DC Comics in general: I remember being a fan of Hitman and Starman (It had the same pencils as the Ex machina). Both titles died, right? I also really liked Green Lanterns and Shazam, but nobody said those two had good monthly issues...so... if there's anything worth reading, can you please give me any indications?

Thanks!

Real talk tho: I've mentioned before that my LCS gives me a 25% discount on my pulls so $2.99 books will be $2.25 which will be $4.50 for the month. For twice the content that's going to be a great deal*.

(*In the modern era of expensive comics.)

TheFlow

Banned
(to those who don't know what it is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Official_Marvel_Graphic_Novel_Collection)

I stopped reading comics 17 or so years, and I was shocked to see the level of quality of some publications nowadays, like Guardians of the Galaxy and Thanos Imperative.

So, from that big collection of Marvel graphic novels, what this colletcion is lacking?

I really want to star reading comics again, but it's just that... I apparently lost all the great Marvel stories. Or DC Comics... or image...

My background: I think I read comics through the worst part of the history of comics, which is some time before the Age os Apocalypse, and then stopped with Onslaught. To me, Avengers, all of them, were horrible and the only really good thing that I read from Marvel was Kevin Smith's Daredevil (which was awesome... for me).

From DC comics... I read the Death of Superman and some of the titles like Superboy and Cyborg. Batman, I read his fight with Bane and all of the Batmans, too. Captain Marvel I really loved the Jerry Ordway origin story, but the monthly comic was really weak. That's it I guess.

The Vertigo line I read Garth Ennis's Constantine and Preacher.

From Image, I read the first 13 or so issues of: Witchblade, Spawn, Gen 13, Wild Cats, Cyber Force and Darkness. Are they any good nowadays?

Actually, I was not totally away from comics, as I read: Rising Stars, Ex Machina, Irredeemable, and a few issues of Sin City.

Things that are in my checklist (aside that entire collection): Animal-man, Sandman (when it's reprinted in my country...), Saga, Ms Marvel (the new one and the old one, which I don't know where to start), Moon Knight, Miracleman, Sex Criminals, Infinity, Dark Avengers, Superior Spiderman and Hawkeye.

Also in my list: Transmetropolitan, Astro City, Green Lantern Rebirth, Green Lantern the Sinestro Corps, probably the entire Hellboy universe and The Invisibles.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Nice starting pointing (that collection)? No?

About DC Comics in general: I remember being a fan of Hitman and Starman (It had the same pencils as the Ex machina). Both titles died, right? I also really liked Green Lanterns and Shazam, but nobody said those two had good monthly issues...so... if there's anything worth reading, can you please give me any indications?

Thanks!
there are so many great book that it would be hard to start.

tell us what you are craving to read the most right now and your favorite genres.

shingi70

Banned
Anyone else grabbing Bloodlines #1 tomorrow.

Looking at previews of Faith and it looks like the artwork is a better colored Brett Booth .

I bought the first 60 books (which were all that was planned, when they doubled it I said thanks but no thanks). They are good quality books, the ordering is all over the place. They're boxed up at the moment because I have no shelf that will fit them all so the collage spines would look odd across two shelves.

I'm currently getting the Judge Dredd Mega Collection, similar thing but 80 issues and more of a grabbag of material.

Top Bottom