• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
At 198 now at almost 9 pm EST. It'll for sure drop below 100 after midnight. Maybe even 50.

It's not just the player count, the steam reviews have also gone down over the days. It was in the low 80's in the early access period. Now it's in the 60s.

VhoEETa.png

Killjoy-NL

With the extremely low CCU on PC, I'm starting to wonder if I'm an asshole for having crossplay turned off? 🤔

Last edited:
the production budget of this game has to be around 100M, but when you add the cost of buying the studio, the number floating around is 200M, some people are even saying around 300M (there is no way that is true)

I would add that this failure is also reflects on Bungie and that cost 3.6 Billion lol.

so, I think the game itself (what it offers in a vacuum) doesn't feel like the biggest bomb in entertainment... i mean, yes, it's a complete rejection by the market AND reviews are in the 60s BUT it's marketing/bullet points/ambition are not high at all.

i would say in a vacuum, a bigger flopp was:
aq1PX5U.jpeg

in other words: The Spirit Within was doing something highly ambitious and groundbreaking.

concord is not doing shit.

NOW... but when we add the context around it... things look very different...Concord is not the biggest bomb in entertainment... Sony GaaS initiative is.
Yes and I think the FF movie is somehow underrated, I enjoyed it in the cinema. Conchord is for sure not underrated.

GymWolf

Gold Member
But nobody is interested in a new Socom game. Even If a Socom II remaster/remake is on top of the Playstation Blogshare requests.

Let better burn millions of dollars for shitty games nobody asked for.
Literally any old brand would have sold much better than concord abysmal numbers.

Even old ass stuff like socom.

Literally every other project would have done better than this steaming pile of excrement :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Already a gradual decline with lower highs and lower lows each day. 24 hour peak didn't even break 200 players.

Going to be even more severe as the CoD machine starts up tomorrow for the holiday weekend.

Even if the PS user base is higher, it's still probably disastrously low. I don't see any way this game makes it to the first Season or content drop(October?) with any real playerbase left.

Switching up to F2P is a money sink and potentially could cause further damage by alienating the few who did spend money on it if it's done too quickly. I could see it becoming a PS+ Extra/Premium option by November..

I think Sony needs to reevaluate their GAAS approach and quickly. Marathon seems to be in dire straits, Fairgame$ is probably also going to be tepid.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Already a gradual decline with lower highs and lower lows each day. 24 hour peak didn't even break 200 players.

Going to be even more severe as the CoD machine starts up tomorrow for the holiday weekend.

Even if the PS user base is higher, it's still probably disastrously low. I don't see any way this game makes it to the first Season or content drop(October?) with any real playerbase left.

Switching up to F2P is a money sink and potentially could cause further damage by alienating the few who did spend money on it if it's done too quickly. I could see it becoming a PS+ Extra/Premium option by November..

I think Sony needs to reevaluate their GAAS approach and quickly. Marathon seems to be in dire straits, Fairgame$ is probably also going to be tepid.
I for one am for the shock therapy.

Let it hurt as much as possible so future playstation CEO's fear moving in that direction ever again.

I kinda feel bad for the devs seeing their game flop dragged out over the week in slow motion :messenger_ghost:

I would, but not after that one developer decided it was a smart call to label all gamers as "talentless freaks".

I won't even include the DEI stuff. Your game design is bland and locked behind a price when every other game does it(and well) for free.

The characters are boring.

PeteBull

Gold Member
While successful, it also sold poor compared to the original entry. Probably went from being Sony's biggest IP to notably behind God of War.
Abby and all the wokeness was very well hidden in marketing material of TLoU2, many players simply thought game gonna be solid like first part, but watch if/when we get part3, it will be meet with big doubts, simply customers lost trust in the ip/the dev.

Esppiral

The player count has decreased because the weekend has passed and all the Sony studios that were forced to play it are now back at work or have resigned their job lol

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
While successful, it also sold poor compared to the original entry. Probably went from being Sony's biggest IP to notably behind God of War.

In 2022 The Last of Us 1 had sold close to 27 million copies on PS3/PS4 combined, the sequel had sold 10 million copies. My guess is that the remasterd PS5/PC port of TLoU 1 will have pushed the sales to at least 30 million copies. I don't think TLoU 2 for PS5 will have sold that well since it was identical to the PS4 original (no reason to upgrade) and the PC version hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:

Diddy X

Who exactly are you feeling sorry for here? The multibillion dollar corporation whose rampant greed fuelled this entire project? The developers, who, when seeing the terrible response to the first footage of the game, completely ignored what was staring them in the face, and continued on regardless?

The players.

Top Bottom