• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
All Sony first party titles have been shit this generation.

The last good Sony game I played was Ghost of Tsushima.
I don’t know if I would say that, but I will say the PS5 has easily been Sonys worst console for exclusives. But I would say the same for Xbox as well. I guess when your competition is bad, you can be too. I’ve said it many times. This is the worst generation of consoles.

LimanimaPT

The
I don’t know if I would say that, but I will say the PS5 has easily been Sonys worst console for exclusives. But I would say the same for Xbox as well. I guess when your competition is bad, you can be too. I’ve said it many times. This is the worst generation of consoles.
Problem is not the console itself but the time a game takes to develop. Games can't take 6 years to make, this has no future.
They could start by simplifying games, cut down on useless cut scenes and stop with that cinematic experience shit. I don't even want 60 hours games. The good old single player 12h games are good enough for me.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Mk1z0Qa.png

Chopino

Neo Member
I don't think the situation is that bad, ppl are just waiting for PS5 Pro to play this game.

btw nobody remembers Destruction AllStars, another Sony GaaS fiasco.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
As for Concord vs Dustborn, there's a chance Dustborn will overtake it.

Concord CCU is still falling every day, but Dustborn CCU has stabilized in the 15-50 CCU count pending what time of day it is.

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
They’re really pulling out all the stops. At least ones that don’t cost them money. Enlisting streaming, writers, other devs. Hopefully this billion dollar pants shitting is a turning point for the industry. Honestly considering most of the devs are on board with Dustborn politics, I’m not too optimistic. Oh well, back to the indie scene I guess.

Got this guy to look forward to. “As Time Surrenders”

cZqkx9G.jpeg

Last edited:
What other good titles have they released?

God Of War Ragnarok was a massive disappointment.

Although in fairness Returnal was a good game.

Dafegamer

What other good titles have they released?

God Of War Ragnarok was a massive disappointment.

Although in fairness Returnal was a good game.
God of War Ragnarok was massive disappointment for you maybe, not the majority tho. We have R&C Rift Apart, Helldivers 2, Spider-Man 2 etc. I'm not even bringing up the other games released this year that I personally have no interest in, but other people still adore (Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade)

All Sony first party titles have been shit this generation.

The last good Sony game I played was Ghost of Tsushima.

What's really shocking to me is not only have Sony titles not been amazing but even graphically they've been lacking this gen. Good image quality but not pushing their own tech. After all of Cerny's talks about the SSD and Unreal Engine 5 and then Sony does very little to update their own engines.

Last of Us 1 Remake is the game that really got me to see this shift in Sony. "Ground up" remake from Naughty Dog of a game from a series known for being a graphics showcase and what we got is no better than Last of Us 2? A Part 1 REMAKE shouldve been the most impressive looking game in existence!

Sony hasnt been above just outright lying to their audience this gen with stuff like LoU1 Remake and Spiderman 2 and the downgrade that game received compared to its reveal trailer.

The weak ass remasters we got from Sony this gen has been another strange disappointment- tsushima, Uncharted 4, and Last of Us 2 but did they even upgrade the visuals?

Jim Ryan and his protege Hurman Hulst have done nothing but piss me off this gen.

Still about 5x better than MS though so theres that ...

4ewgX57.gif

there are several videos talking about the character design... and i frucking love it.

I'm convinced that, what we are witnessing is the product of someone's ideology fogging their mind.

the reception of these designs has to be devastating for the artists/designers (I would feel bad for them) but these designs are not genuine.

Last edited:

Kotaro

SIE East coast employees need to sleep, man.

I do believe most of these 200 or so players in the past week are just Sony's studios employees playing, ND, SSM, Bend, Firewalk, Blue Point, Bungie, Insomniac, Haven, etc...they take turns

if it wasn't because of them, I have no doubt the number is no more than 20

mdkirby

So, just curious, but it’s on 57 players on steam at the moment. The numbers really don’t change much at all, so that’s 5.7 games currently running, with I guess 7 people sat in a lobby…given the numbers are pretty static what happens to those 7 players? Can they enter a game with a smaller team? When you finish a game does it rotate players so some of those 50 sit in the lobby whilst the 7 get to play? Or are those 7 people just not able to play for an indeterminate amount of time?

ljubomir

So, just curious, but it’s on 57 players on steam at the moment. The numbers really don’t change much at all, so that’s 5.7 games currently running, with I guess 7 people sat in a lobby…given the numbers are pretty static what happens to those 7 players? Can they enter a game with a smaller team? When you finish a game does it rotate players so some of those 50 sit in the lobby whilst the 7 get to play? Or are those 7 people just not able to play for an indeterminate amount of time?
Lets buy the game and find out!

Killjoy-NL

They're mixed with PS5.

The big question is what the CCU on PS5 is.

Last edited:

mdkirby

They're mixed with PS5.

The big question is what the CCU on PS5 is.
Ahhh, makes sense, thanks....and yeah if the numbers aren't great there either there must be a bit of a wait. One day Ai players I hope would be good enough that when a player base collapses its still viable to play and have fun offline

Killjoy-NL

Ahhh, makes sense, thanks....and yeah if the numbers aren't great there either there must be a bit of a wait. One day Ai players I hope would be good enough that when a player base collapses its still viable to play and have fun offline
PS5 is certainly higher than on Steam, but it's certainly not good.

I can say that matchmaking wait times went from an average of 20-30 seconds (to enter your first match*) outside peak hours during the launch weekend to 1-2 min average outside of peak hours the last few days.

* wait times seem to be much faster when you requeue from the post-match screen, somewhere from 5-30 seconds on average.

Edit:

From my experience.

Last edited:
Top Bottom