• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Fucking hell for real ?? 100 million ?
Why does every tom dick and harry knew if would fail but only the devs who were making it
I know it's been in the oven for years but they could've play tested to 100 real gamers and all of them would've told them this would flop.
I mean how delusional can you be

This is what happens when the Bean counters started running Playstation and started to put in place things that they believed would lead to "BIG GROWTH" for shareholders to be happy about. Concord was never about making a good product. Just execs looking for the next "Fortnite cash cow".

It's sad man.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
People will be talking about this event for the next 40 years of gaming.

The sheer amount of memes and video essays that will be done about this is unnerving.

Hope it serves as a reminder to publishers and devs everywhere to just make fun, good games and cut out all the crap.

kevboard

Isn’t this one of the games getting an episode of that Tv show that was announced recently? Lol

it is 😬😬😬

What if they think they can revamp it and bring it back as free to play in time for that episode? maybe that's their masterplan here...

...but I doubt it lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
WOW!!!!

I didn’t think they’d do a refund. I know some of you predicted that. Good call.

Oddly, it sounds like it’s not forever dead??? They might try again and rework it and maybe resell it again down the line.

Guess I was wrong too. I predicted the game after the holiday weekend would be permanently under 100. While true, I meant double digits. Not a big fat 0.
The game is technically functional, so reworking it to be F2P probably won't take long (a couple of months, maybe). Since everyone who already bought it is getting refunded, they're kind of absolving themselves of their existing roadmap and commitments. They also have time to potentially tweak the character designs to make people actually want to play this vs the thousands of other popular free games on the market.

It'll still do laughably bad numbers, but it would allow Sony to recoup SOME costs from this turd.

Hope it serves as a reminder to publishers and devs everywhere to just make fun, good games and cut out all the crap.

That has nothing to do with it really. They were trying to make fun good games it just failed. Gundam released a similar hero shooter and it also failed very quickly and it was even FTP. People just aren't really into this genre anymore and anyone who is, is most likely invested in OW and has no interest in learning a new game. Games fail all the time why you think this one failed because of woke nonsense I have no idea.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Holy shit I went for lunch and there's a 20 page thread after 2 hours

ahahahahaha
god is real GIF

Sushi_Combo

Well this has got to be the fastest end of any AAA live service game.

Honestly, it felt like Sony had no confidence in this game, the marketing was pretty mild and they were maybe betting that the turnout would've been better than anticipated.

I don't know what they do now, reworking is going to cost them more and if so, do they can the leads and get in new ones?

Shame because the gameplay was very fun, just everything else surrounding it was disappointing.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
It’s always nice when the entire internet can come together against a common enemy.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The poster is getting savaged by basic observations and logic by the replies.

Sony acquired the studio. Sony gave it prominence at state of play. Sony plastered it all over PSN. Sony made a fucking controller for it. There is a tie in with an Amazon series. Seriously, what more did they have to do to "believe" in this game? A fucking blimp advertising outside of all major cities?

And a professional games journalist expert observation? Sony didn't believe in this.

Look, I don't give a fuck what you like, your politics, whatever.. but this is uninformed delusion at best and obvious gaslight at worst. This is nothing resembling any shred of an expert or journalistic take. This is who runs the Press currently. Take that in.

This game was overwhelmingly rejected by the market. That's it.

The sad thing is.....Stella is actually good at her job in talking about videogames. Trust me! But it's also clear that this game (for some odd reason) seems to be clouding her judgement. If I had to guess, it's political in some form. Because she's not usually this stupid.

Holammer

I don't care much for Marvel Rivals, but I hope it becomes a huge success because I want to see Sony getting salt cured.
The developer look like they do everything right with attractive renditions of the characters, everyone look just right, like Captain America basically having Rob Liefield's ridiculous dump truck chest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Did this ever happen before?
Cyberpunk 2077's performance on last-gen consoles was so bad that Sony offered refunds for the game about a week after it launched. The difference here is that was a single player game, and it performed well on the then-new PS5. Also, you had to specifically request a refund to get one - but I believe it was taken down off the store for a while while it was being reworked.

Closest comparison I can think of, and this is much worse.

aerts1js

the idea that sony managed to compound this disaster by actually buying the damn studio? smh...
eh at least they realized it pretty quick and took it out back and shot it. I’m sure a serious lesson was learned that is going to have an impact on all their planned online titles… thank god.

Wow, didn’t think there be like E.T. Moment in my life time. Wonder in 10-20 years from now they gonna make an episode or a movie how this game fail so bad. Wonder what bull crap they would even say way back then too

Top Bottom