• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Banjo64

cumsessed
They tried to cancel hogwards and Wukong and failed miserable... we canceled concord... always good to be on the right side of things.

And to anyone saying thar wokeness wasnt a big part of this shit pile failing... need to wake the fuck up. People are done with this shit.
I don’t think anything was cancelled I think people just don’t want to spend their time and money on something like this.

Gambit2483

An 8 year gestation for a 2 week life span.
Really puts things into perspective.

Hopefully the entire industry sees these recent failures, i.e.. Suicide Squad, Dustborn, Saints Row, Concord, and gives up on the non existent modern audience (yes, these games had other issue, but they all leaned heavily into this direction)

Last edited:

squallheart

b6CjHqJ.jpeg

XD

kevboard

E.T. has been dethroned. I said before this is the biggest flop in entertainment ever. It’s our Heaven’s Gate. And it will change PlayStation forever. What a fucking massive waste of money and brand image. Absolutely insane and shameful.

this is doubly true because people misunderstand why ET was such a mess. it wasn't because it sold badly, it was because Atari massively overestimated how successful it would be.

the landfill full of ET carts doesn't exist because these games didn't sell. in fact ET was the 8th most sold Atari 2600 game of all time, it sold more units than Ms PacMan, Breakout and Yars' Revenge, which are considered classics.

but Atari literally thought that this game would lead to so many new console sales, that they produced significantly more cartridges than they could have realistically sold. basically half of all Atari 2600 users up until this point would have needed to buy the game for them to sell their entire inventory they produced and planned to produce

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hero shooters (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. This isn't like Lawbreakers, which was developed for Overwatch loving assholes. If you screw someone in the Playstation community, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that fans of hero shooters after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase GAAS games on any Sony system, nor will they purchase a PS6. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and bring back Concord for PSN or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Last edited:

Nydius

Makes sense.
Usually I hear that buying on disc means ownership and therefore better preserves the value vs. a digital license. In this case it seems to be the other way round.

Yep. These always online GAAS games are the one exception where I prefer digital to physical because there’s really no benefit to owning a physical copy. If the game bombs, you could possibly get a refund on a digital version; if the game’s a success, eventually it’ll end up shut down and the disk is as useless as the digital file. 🤷

Topher

Gold Member

I don't know how much the rest of you know about hero shooters (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. This isn't like Lawbreakers, which was developed for Overwatch loving assholes. If you screw someone in the Playstation community, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is that fans of hero shooters after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase GAAS games on any Sony system, nor will they purchase a PS6. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Sony, publicly apologize and bring back Concord for PSN or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Understand Captain America GIF

tenor.gif

Just amazing at the unprecedented apathy towards this game that I don't think we've ever seen in such a big game. Big question is what do you change besides the obvious for the inevitable F2P relaunch? New characters? Pve mode?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
They should relaunch it alongside a Netflix live action Concord series. Trust me, I bet we would see sales in the quadruple digits.

Saiyan-Rox

Maaan this is unprecedented

It still baffles me how companies can stick their fingers in their ears and lalalala/thisisfine.gif and expect to make money

I know there was a lot of money in this but listen to the majority, take the fucking L and delay it rather than launch and pull it and look like a fucking dickhead.

Also who was that person who said talentless freaks? Has anyone did a welfare check?

Sony absolutely made the right call. This was a mercy killing and they are refunding everyone. You simply can’t force people to give a shit about your GaaS slop. Biggest mistake Sony made was not delaying this and quietly canceling it after there were tumbleweeds blowing through their beta. Ubisoft has done this with several flopped GaaS attempts.

The poster is getting savaged by basic observations and logic by the replies.

Sony acquired the studio. Sony gave it prominence at state of play. Sony plastered it all over PSN. Sony made a fucking controller for it. There is a tie in with an Amazon series. Seriously, what more did they have to do to "believe" in this game? A fucking blimp advertising outside of all major cities?

And a professional games journalist expert observation? Sony didn't believe in this.

Look, I don't give a fuck what you like, your politics, whatever.. but this is uninformed delusion at best and obvious gaslight at worst. This is nothing resembling any shred of an expert or journalistic take. This is who runs the Press currently. Take that in.

This game was overwhelmingly rejected by the market. That's it.

Last edited:

finalflame

They tried to cancel hogwards and Wukong and failed miserable... we canceled concord... always good to be on the right side of things.

And to anyone saying thar wokeness wasnt a big part of this shit pile failing... need to wake the fuck up. People are done with this shit.
Neither side has any material effect whatsoever on game sales. Full stop.

This game just sucked ass and released late into an oversaturated market. Historically bad launch because there was just literally nothing about it to say anything good about.

Wukong and Hogwarts were fantastic games. Only the other site retards really cared, as much as the pandering games media tried to make it a "thing". Neither mattered, games succeeded because they were good.

Sony absolutely made the right call. This was a mercy killing and they are refunding everyone. You simply can’t force people to give a shit about your GaaS slop. Biggest mistake Sony made was not delaying this and quietly canceling it after there were tumbleweeds blowing through their beta. Ubisoft has done this with several flopped GaaS attempts.

No idea who the quoted tweet is, but that person seems like a total fucking moron given their discourse about this. You don't sink additional money into an 8 year project that is already a huge sunk cost.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
WOW!!!!

I didn’t think they’d do a refund. I know some of you predicted that. Good call.

Oddly, it sounds like it’s not forever dead??? They might try again and rework it and maybe resell it again down the line.

Guess I was wrong too. I predicted the game after the holiday weekend would be permanently under 100. While true, I meant double digits. Not a big fat 0.

What this means is that fans of hero shooters after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase GAAS games on any Sony system, nor will they purchase a PS6. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Sony has alienated an entire market with this move.

Ahh the memories 😀

rubenburgt

As expected.

So what's next?
What will happen to this studio?
What will happen to the developers?

Who will they blame for this horrible game?

blue velvet

E.T. has been dethroned. I said before this is the biggest flop in entertainment ever. It’s our Heaven’s Gate. And it will change PlayStation forever. What a fucking massive waste of money and brand image. Absolutely insane and shameful.
I wouldn't even dare putting this slop next to heavens gate. That film failed because it went over the budget and it was released during the decade where films like star wars, indiana jones, back to the future were more bankable than a 3 hours artfilm. It was made by a competent man not by a bunch of hack SJWs from the west coast.

Not even close to the biggest flop in gaming.

Sony spent $3.5 billion on Bungie, a company that bleeds money, runs a dying game and is developing an extraction shooter for 2025. That $3.5 billion investment is going to turn into a $3.8 billion loss

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ok which one of you guys predicted a refund.

I know there were a bunch of you.

I admit I didn’t see it. I guess Sony will do an RA (return authorization) for store copies too. I don’t see how they purposely make Walmarts and best buys get stuck with the disc.

If someone bought the disc, do they get a refund too?

tommib

I wouldn't even dare putting this slop next to heavens gate. That film failed because it went over the budget and it was released during the decade where films like star wars, indiana jones, back to the future were more bankable than a 3 hours artfilm. It was made by a competent man not by a bunch of hack SJWs from the west coast.
Somehow I believe this was written by the real Vincent Gallo.

Dude, love your films and you’re super hot.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
The poster is getting savaged by basic observations and logic by the replies.

Sony acquired the studio. Sony gave it prominence at state of play. Sony plastered it all over PSN. Sony made a fucking controller for it. There is a tie in with an Amazon series. Seriously, what more did they have to do to "believe" in this game? A fucking blimp advertising outside of all major cities?

And a professional games journalist expert observation? Sony didn't believe in this.

Look, I don't give a fuck what you like, your politics, whatever.. but this is uninformed delusion at best and obvious gaslight at worst. This is nothing resembling any shred of an expert or journalistic take. This is who runs the Press currently. Take that in.

This game was rejected by the market. That's it.
they-dont-exist-anywhere-anymore-kate-zax.gif

Drake

I guess the question now is will they try and re-work it or just cut their losses and shit can the entire studio and game.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Ok which one of you guys predicted a refund.

I know there were a bunch of you.

I admit I didn’t see it. I guess Sony will do an RA (return authorization) for store copies too. I don’t see how they purposely make Walmarts and best buys get stuck with the disc.

If someone bought the disc, do they get a refund too?
I didn’t, and I’m against it.

Angry Comedy Central GIF by South Park

Top Bottom