• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

Banjo64

cumsessed
If this was the exact same game but with hot characters, just like First Descendent, it would have sold at least 1 million.

j3KSDcp.jpeg
wdym?

iu

i’m looking at this and i’m rock hard

Fabieter

There's not much to comment on. The game was a failure in its current state. To be entirely honest, I love the fact that I'm getting refunded as there was nothing interesting coming to the game in quite a while. That said, I hope PlayStation does a thorough After Action Report on it and they course correct the rest of their Live Service games going forward. God, would I love to be in those rooms right now.

What's your own personal theory why it failed so badly?

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Actually, I'm happy how this matter folded out. I admire Sony for refunding this disaster.

Now investigate the woke mob, and start with Druckmann then remove Hulst.

Strengthen PS brand by keeping SP games exclusive and release GAAS/multiplayer games on PC case by case.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The game is technically functional, so reworking it to be F2P probably won't take long (a couple of months, maybe). Since everyone who already bought it is getting refunded, they're kind of absolving themselves of their existing roadmap and commitments. They also have time to potentially tweak the character designs to make people actually want to play this vs the thousands of other popular free games on the market.

It'll still do laughably bad numbers, but it would allow Sony to recoup SOME costs from this turd.
That makes sense if they go F2P.

I was thinking reworking it like redoing all the graphics making it look like a different game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Game set to re-launch early next year as a Bloodborne spin-off

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
What's your own personal theory why it failed so badly?

Slightly inferior $40 dollar product in a F2P field.
The worst sense of progression in any game I've played in a long time.
DEI characters made the game mockable on social media. PvP type people might react more strongly against these characters.
6 game modes had "Jack of all trades, master of none" effect.

I just hope the studio leadership gets shaken up, they do a thorough review of what it did wrong, and they're allowed one more crack at a proper, forward thinking multiplayer game. They're currently hiring for 8 positions so it's possible Sony is giving them another crack. We'll see if those job postings are still up in a month.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Q1aPWmY.jpeg

A piece of gaming history now!
Lol. Hey you never know. Might be worth good money down the line. Given how poorly the game has sold maybe you’re the only guy in the world whose bought one! Lol

One of my coworkers goes to toys trade shows and buys up limited edition stuff. He goes for things he knows there’s only let’s say 100 where your product gets inscribed #5/100, 6/100 etc… then he sells them years later. He’d buy stuff for $100 and then he’d dump them on eBay for $500 each!

Last edited:
Top Bottom