• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

Robb

Gold Member
I can still remember being 13 and my dream was to play a FPS as a grandma or bee keeper.
Yeah, almost feels like yesterday that my parents asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said “they/them”.
happy-tears.gif

Shubh_C63

Yeah excuse the name the closed beta client was used for an open beta later on where it hit its high.

g4adkXn.jpeg

So yeah it happens when betas make a good Impression... shame Darktide flopped soon after.

Man I can't wait to see concord numbers...
It IS a shame.
Darktide still have one of the best gameplay and soundtrack out there.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
First review:

6/10

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

3.5/5

winjer

Gold Member
Considering that Gamerant and Screenrant are both owned by Valnet, I was expecting a higher score from them.

clarky

Gold Member
Pretty much what i was thinking 5/10 ish from what i played. Its just average at best and does nothing to stand out from the crowd.

Ill be giving it a crack next week at some point. As a PVP guy i do like to play most of them.

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Less than an hour to the launch of Sony Playstation's latest AAA epic first party exclusive blockbuster: CONCORD

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Even on the Playstation store, sorting by best selling, Concord only shows up on the third page. Next to older games.
For comparison, Star Wars Outlaws is on the first page already.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Game 100% needed to be F2P which will come im sure in 3 months once they realize the games dead. Even than you will not see it take massive numbers to sustain it past the 3 seasons of content. They will MicroTransaction the hell out of it, and people will bitch about that.

I do agree the concept is fine even if it's a clone of others, the lack of character styles I've seen seems very mediocre coming from a first party studio.

Game 100% needed to be F2P which will come im sure in 3 months once they realize the games dead. Even than you will not see it take massive numbers to sustain it past the 3 seasons of content. They will MicroTransaction the hell out of it, and people will bitch about that.

I do agree the concept is fine even if it's a clone of others, the lack of character styles I've seen seems very mediocre coming from a first party studio.

The bolded is my biggest gripe.

How do you make a hero arena shooter with heroes that all look mostly generic and shit? It's like they missed the point completely of the genre.

The characters wouldn't even be as bad if they were NPCs in a single player or MP co-op FPS campaign. I feel like that's what Concord should have been. They should have made it into a mission-based 4-player co-op purely PvE FPS with an interesting campaign and a tacked on MP mode.

SpokkX

Never said it was did I? It obviously a failure for a Halo game in terms of player retention but it’s just not at the level of Concord. Hell, the player drop off of Helldivers 2 is just as extreme as Halo yet nobody here thinks that’s a failure.
Helldivers still has 20k-40k peak concurrent players every day.

Without any major update such as a new faction etc

It is a giant hit. No doubt

Concord on the other hand. If it EVER breaks 10k ccu i will be shocked

winjer

Gold Member
I went to check the early Steam reviews and noticed that the Steam users added these tags (isn't needed to own the game to add tags):
image.png

Users can add tags to Steam games. And the more people add the same tag, it will show up on that list.
These are the top user tags for Concord.

2PaCYH3.png

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
Considering that Gamerant and Screenrant are both owned by Valnet, I was expecting a higher score from them.
they give bonus points for wokeness and still cant give high score to concord, looks like metacritic gonna be around 50-60 only ;D

Tomi

What is happening?

I think this is worst preformance of some Sony game, and i think they know that this live service shit aint sellin!!!
Time to go back and invest in proper SP games

You learn Sony, time to change some stuff on Monday meeting in 10am or so...

SkylineRKR

Honestly you need to be in full retard mode if you buy this game now. These online GaaS shit games need to be frontloaded in order to sustain. This pathetic amount of players will ensure the game is dead within the month and Sony pulling the plug within the year leaving a coaster.

Any money towards this is wasted, because Concord never took off. And rightfully so. Fuck this game and fuck this studio.

PeteBull

Gold Member
What is happening?

I think this is worst preformance of some Sony game, and i think they know that this live service shit aint sellin!!!
Time to go back and invest in proper SP games

You learn Sony, time to change some stuff on Monday meeting in 10am or so...
We can only hope, bro, sony is sitting on a mountain of unused IPs, and they could always make new IP game too =D

Mownoc

Wow! I wonder if it will get as high as 1m with it's peak today! No wait I mean 1k.

Last edited:
Top Bottom