• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Paddlin thread?
Thats-a-paddlin.jpg

Fbh

Gold Member
I wonder if they will have the audacity of making this a $70 dollar game.

I don't know how they can even hope to compete with Overwatch 2, Valorant, Apex, Team Fortress 2, that new Marvel game and that rumored upcoming Valve game unless this is F2P or very cheap.
At $70 it's DOA IMO

Helldivers 2 was $40 and did great but it's also a more unique game and there aren't a ton of super popular F2P alternatives to it

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

"Steal enemy ammo, disarm rival freegunners, buff your team, clear a path, and more your role in the team is essential. No matter your play style, you have the power to change the course of a match and help your team win."

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Arena shooters with little variation in gameplay, like Halo, are dead. Games like Overwatch and Valorant are not outdated at all
If it has kill confirmed, dynamic game-modes (devs talked about it during the presentation), persistent deployables and disarmament of enemies, this hero shooter can be rather unique.
Compared to OW at least.

The question is how well it plays.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
This is like the bastard child from when Overwatch got blackout drunk and fucked Lawbreakers in the bathroom.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I still feel this game was rescoped and shrunk down big time from it's initial pitch.

There seems to be so much effort gone into trying make it into a guardians game with emphasis on spaceships and heists and all sorts.

Meanwhile the actual game is just a hero shooter in some small arenas. All that external stuff seems completely pointless, it also feels like they only really designed 4 characters which were in the trailer and the rest were tacked on or repurposed the second they shifted focus onto a hero shooter instead of say a destiny like game (which is what I feel this originally was pitched as, at least something similar)

I dunno it's just giving those vibes, I obviously have no credible proof or information that is the case.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This is by far the best piece of promotional content for Concord. It's essentially a 5 minute video explaining what makes this different than other 5v5 hero shooters.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The grotesque amounts of schadenfreude I'm currently experiencing... on a day when a single player game is murdering everything else in sight sales-wise, and this fucking GaaS trash is going to drop with the splat of a wet turd... is off the fucking charts.

Top Bottom