• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

PeteBull

Gold Member
I think you’re on to something. A third person shooter where you can’t see what you’re shooting because your fat character takes up 75% of the screen. Everyone woddles at a snails pace, and gets winded after too many steps.
Basically dark souls mechanics/bumped up difficulty lvl vs ur standard cod/csgo, hell stamina bar management would take another meaning :D
Streamers could go to town with 0 endurance builds and use some stamina saving tactics, not to mention actual fat rolling :messenger_beaming:

ManaByte

Constantly bringing up politics related articles
elsewhere despite warnings, I believe. Don’t worry, he’ll be back. His ban was only a week.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

Kokoloko85

🤣🤣 That “beta” was the full damn game, minus some walled off modes, they admitted as much.

Concord doesn’t exist in a vacuum, pal. If it wants to compete with existing hero shooters it should have learned from the mistakes of them before launching. Not launch in a barebones state and rely on people like you to carry their water for them with lame excuses like “other games needed time to mature”.

Ed:

No, I don’t pretend most of the discourse is well reasoned at all. But nuance on the internet is a tall ask for most things.

Considering the beta had 3 modes and 4 maps compared to the 6 modes and 12 maps.. I dont know what you talking about.
Ive played for an hour and been in 4 new maps.
It wasnt the ”damn full game”, usual hater spreading bs

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
3MUzsLt.jpeg

People are more interested watching this game crash and burn than playing it.

I don't think I've ever seen a case where SteamDB has not updated just how many people are playing a game for almost 6 hrs since availability.

Aenima

The game has been out for 4+ hours and so far only TWO people have left Steam reviews, and the DB isn't even updated with the number of people playing.

oC0NCia.jpeg
You really need a special game to have only 2 reviews and one of them is negative from someone that got the deluxe or whatever edition.

Aenima

I don't think I've ever seen a case where SteamDB has not updated just how many people are playing a game for almost 6 hrs since availability.
They need a copy of the game cuz the version available now is early access from the deluxe or whatever edition. If no one donates them a copy they only track at launch (Friday).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They need a copy of the game cuz the version available now is early access from the deluxe or whatever edition. If no one donates them a copy they only track at launch (Friday).

huh that's weird, so steamDB needs a copy of the game to be able to track ? Never knew that's how it worked.

clarky

Gold Member
its because its in the early access period, Steamdb needs to own the game to get access to scrape the stats. If you gift it to the steamdb bot then they will have access. But fuck that lol.

Edit: Aenima Aenima is correct and beat me.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I've seen it a few times before, but only when the game is still listed as a pre-purchase. As concord is listed as not releasing until the 23rd, I don't expect to see player charts until then.

its because its in the early access period, Steamdb needs to own the game to get access to scrape the stats. If you gift it to the steamdb bot then they will have access. But fuck that lol.
My name is Aim Bot. Please insert steam gift of concord into my receptacle. Error. Error. Can not compute. Memory overload. Please contact bender bender for repairs.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Can’t find a ranked match. 5 minutes of searching.

Cross play on.

Not enough people leveled up and not playing it.

Kokoloko85

Cross play on.

Hmmm, I stopped playing an hour ago and match making and had no cross play on. Wasnt taking longer than a minute. Sucks, maybe I was the only one playing lol.

Edit. Just started up again brawl took 45seconds with no cross play. Gonna try Overrun afer
Ill try upload a video

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Cross play on.

Brawl and Overrun have been 45 second jobs. Cant get into a Rivarly mode yet. Going to bed though lol

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member

Cross play on.

To be fair to the game, its just out. Cant see there being much interest in ranked play just now. Infact why the fuck is that even an option? Youd think they'd drop something like that in season 2 or something.

Top Bottom