• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord |OT| As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service...

clarky

Gold Member
Live Service

riley rose critchlow vomit GIF by Anime Crimes Division
Nothing wrong with live service games done right, but this isn't one of them.

clarky

Gold Member
Release numbers are usually bigger than beta or test numbers
Usually ....

Not long to find out.

I have to say its been great fun following this games journey along with GAF, what a twist it would be if it launched to 100k + would love to see it.

Last edited:

sainraja

How many of you actually played the game? I enjoyed what I played. It’s well made and fun. I’ll be playing today.
The character designs could have been better, though. And yeah, it wasn't that bad when I played the beta; it reminded me of Destiny. But... I will probably stick to Destiny and pick this up later if it does end up doing better and has an active community.

It’s always surprising how much negativity is in this hobby.
That's just console war fanaticism and what's funny is the people doing it are also the ones complaining when the shoe is on the other foot (for the thing they like) so...

Last edited:

Nydius

How many of you actually played the game? I enjoyed what I played. It’s well made and fun.

You act like the game didn’t have a completely free pair of betas. Plenty of us played it. If you had fun, great. But I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I found the game anything but “well made”. It’s derivative to its core with uninteresting characters that are blatant gameplay copies of other games with slow as molasses movement and TTK, and the most generic maps I’ve seen in very long time.

The only thing I took away from Concord after playing it for two weekends was that I’d rather play any of the existing f2p hero shooters that have more, better, content.

Last edited:
Pour one out for our homie Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes whose gonna miss the grand opening.

Austin Pour One Out GIF by Pixel Bandits

As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service​

I take a look at Sonys lineup and realize there’s nothing left

Cuz I been hero shoot in’ and blastin so long that

Even my Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes thinks my mind is gone

But I ain’t ever crossed an Xbox fan that didn’t deserve it

Should be treated like punks, Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping knows it ain’t unheard of

They better watch out for how they talkin, and where they walkin

Or you and your green rats may be lined in chalk

…..

We keep spending most our lives living in a GaaSters paradise

Hip Hop Wtf GIF

cormack12

Gold Member

As we Firewalk through the valley of Live Service​

I take a look at Sonys lineup and realize there’s nothing left

Cuz I been hero shoot in’ and blastin so long that

Even my Men_in_Boxes Men_in_Boxes thinks my mind is gone

But I ain’t ever crossed an Xbox fan that didn’t deserve it

Should be treated like punks, Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping knows it ain’t unheard of

They better watch out for how they talkin, and where they walkin

Or you and your green rats may be lined in chalk

…..

We keep spending most our lives living in a GaaSters paradise

Hip Hop Wtf GIF
A Deadly Adoption Applause GIF

Killjoy-NL

You act like the game didn’t have a completely free pair of betas. Plenty of us played it. If you had fun, great. But I respectfully disagree with your opinion. I found the game anything but “well made”. It’s derivative to its core with uninteresting characters that are blatant gameplay copies of other games with slow as molasses movement and TTK, and the most generic maps I’ve seen in very long time.

The only thing I took away from Concord after playing it for two weekends was that I’d rather play any of the existing f2p hero shooters that have more, better, content.
Some fair points.

Personally, I think the core gunplay and gameplay is fine and movement becomes pretty fast actually.
Slow as molasses movement is how I'd describe Valorant, but Concord is a lot faster, especially once you understand the crew system.

The problem with Concord is terrible character designs, the fact that the game feels barebones, TTK and overall balancing issues and teammates not beimg replaced if someone leaves. This leads to matches that go downhill real fast, mainly in the no-respawn modes.

Hopefully Firewalk at least solved the issue of quitters.

Kokoloko85

Comparing existing hero shooters that have more content to a Beta. Sounds very fair

Kokoloko85

🤝 **Join-in-progress feature:** It was absent for Beta, but we're happy to announce that this feature will be launching with Concord! This feature helps to backfill team members who have left a game early, helping to ensure all matches are as evenly populated as possible.

**Quitter Penalty:** Also absent for Beta but will be present at Launch. Quitter penalties will be applied to players who intentionally leave games early. There is a bit of grace given for the first couple of leaves, but after enough warnings, users will receive a Quitter Penalty that will put their ability to queue up on a cool down. The more penalties a player racks up, the longer a player will be prevented from queuing. Our goal is to help encourage healthy team play, fair matches, and respectful behavior. Quitter Penalties should help discourage repeat behavior of quitting mid-match so that both teams see their game through to completion.

Needed this update

Killjoy-NL

🤝 **Join-in-progress feature:** It was absent for Beta, but we're happy to announce that this feature will be launching with Concord! This feature helps to backfill team members who have left a game early, helping to ensure all matches are as evenly populated as possible.

**Quitter Penalty:** Also absent for Beta but will be present at Launch. Quitter penalties will be applied to players who intentionally leave games early. There is a bit of grace given for the first couple of leaves, but after enough warnings, users will receive a Quitter Penalty that will put their ability to queue up on a cool down. The more penalties a player racks up, the longer a player will be prevented from queuing. Our goal is to help encourage healthy team play, fair matches, and respectful behavior. Quitter Penalties should help discourage repeat behavior of quitting mid-match so that both teams see their game through to completion.

Needed this update
Just as I was talking about it. Lol

Bunch of buffoons should've added it for the betas.
That was like a no-brainer and would've saved people from a lot of frustration.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
The main problem with the game is that a requirement for playing it is you have to have eyes. While using your eyes, you have to look at the character designs. Might give it a go if they figure out a way to cater to blind people.

That’s great. An actual constructive well reasoned position. Though you can hardly believe that is what most of the discourse around this game is.

Nydius

Comparing existing hero shooters that have more content to a Beta. Sounds very fair
🤣🤣 That “beta” was the full damn game, minus some walled off modes, they admitted as much.

Concord doesn’t exist in a vacuum, pal. If it wants to compete with existing hero shooters it should have learned from the mistakes of them before launching. Not launch in a barebones state and rely on people like you to carry their water for them with lame excuses like “other games needed time to mature”.

Ed:
That’s great. An actual constructive well reasoned position. Though you can hardly believe that is what most of the discourse around this game is.
No, I don’t pretend most of the discourse is well reasoned at all. But nuance on the internet is a tall ask for most things.

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

🤣🤣 That “beta” was the full damn game, minus some walled off modes, they admitted as much.

Concord doesn’t exist in a vacuum, pal. If it wants to compete with existing hero shooters it should have learned from the mistakes of them before launching. Not launch in a barebones state and rely on people like you to carry their water for them with lame excuses like “other games needed time to mature”.
Saying Concord is worse than Valorant is a stretch though.

Overwatch is a different story.

solidus12

As a PlayStation fan, I have to say that I’m looking forward to seeing this game fail.

That’ll force PlayStation to get their shit together and focus on what really matters.

PeteBull

Gold Member
As a PlayStation fan, I have to say that I’m looking forward to seeing this game fail.

That’ll force PlayStation to get their shit together and focus on what really matters.
Indeed, we playstation fans gotta keep it real or we might end up like xbox owners who were always ok with what mattrick and then phil did, then before they realised they got left with their pants down in the end like slowly cooked frogs.

Top Bottom