• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_id

Alrighty then! Let's try this.

*clears throat*

King's Fall HM call to arms!

Help j0hnny obtain some good 300+ gear and have fun along the way!
Would appreciate if we could reach Oryx (if it's a hassle, we don't have to finish it).
I'm a lvl 303 scrub. >.>
We go when we're full, m'kay?

1. j0hnny_385
I can join.

Weapon or Helmet not both

I got the sniper, others had the pulse or sidearm

I didn't get either of those! I wanted the sniper, but I got 310 boots in addition to the Iron Shell. I'm okay with that, though. My old pair of Iron Companion boots was only 304, so it was nice to get them up to 310.

Frenden

Banned
I didn't get either of those! I wanted the sniper, but I got 310 boots in addition to the Iron Shell. I'm okay with that, though. My old pair of Iron Companion boots was only 304, so it was nice to get them up to 310.

Helmet isn't a guaranteed binary drop. It's a random weapon or armor piece. Could even be the class item.

LifEndz

Really not feeling Clash for IB. It's too campy and wait and see. Sorta why I don't play Trials. I much prefer the chaos of Control. At least there you know where the enemy is going.

I do like that they're experimenting with it. Kinda curious what a Rumble IB would be like. Maybe have it so that the top three get credited with a win. I know it'll never happen though.

Namikaze1

Helmet and full set (without shader)

5GcCKif.png

vN1KPbD.png

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
It's so odd to get Blind Watch in IB because it's obvious no one knows the map. People are just running around all crazy getting blindsided around corners and such

Really not feeling Clash for IB. It's too campy and wait and see. Sorta why I don't play Trials. I much prefer the chaos of Control. At least there you know where the enemy is going.

I do like that they're experimenting with it. Kinda curious what a Rumble IB would be like. Maybe have it so that the top three get credited with a win. I know it'll never happen though.

Clash will be better for it once the meta changes / December update rolls out. PvP needs more balancing for it to be fun again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Alrighty then! Let's try this.

*clears throat*

King's Fall HM call to arms!

Help j0hnny obtain some good 300+ gear and have fun along the way!
Would appreciate if we could reach Oryx (if it's a hassle, we don't have to finish it).
I'm a lvl 303 scrub. >.>
We go when we're full, m'kay?

1. j0hnny_385

I'm down, but as I'm only 309 myself I don't think we can finish Oryx. Even daughters might be challenging depending on the rest of the team, but until then should be good.

Toddler

So with all 3 charachters at rank 5 in IB, should I keep pushing for end of match drops? Had no idea people were getting helms, scout rifles, and shotguns.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So with all 3 charachters at rank 5 in IB, should I keep pushing for end of match drops? Had no idea people were getting helms, scout rifles, and shotguns.

AFAIK the only 310+ drops you'll get are ghosts, so if you either a) need a better ghost or b) don't have the equipment yet and want it for collection-reasons, those would be reasons to keep playing past rank 5

kk it's SmileyFM on PSN. Not on yet but will be once we get 6!

AFAIK the only 310+ drops you'll get are ghosts, so if you either a) need a better ghost or b) don't have the equipment yet and want it for collection-reasons, those would be reasons to keep playing past rank 5

Anything that drops over 300 can still be used to infuse even if people don't want the actual weapons that may drop.

I can join.

I'm down, but as I'm only 309 myself I don't think we can finish Oryx. Even daughters might be challenging depending on the rest of the team, but until then should be good.

I can play ;)

I'd like to join :)

PSN: Liam_Croft

Sending out party invites. vctor182, you coming?

sent out all the invites. leaving my PC now. will be on mobile so I can read GAF.
See ya in game/party.

Decided to come give TTK a shot and wish I didn't take a break. I am really enjoying it.

Got to 40 on Friday, up to 275 light now. Should hit 5 IB tonight after turning in 2 of the weeklies.

Im a little unsure what to use my limited marks on at this point. A 294 IB hand cannon dropped (no good perks tbh), so I guess just keep it for infuse material?

Which brings me to which weapon should I get from vendor first? I really enjoy PvE and PvP and have been thinking about getting Hung Jury.

Apparently only Scouts drop for me and now I really like them and like the feel of them, especially in PvP. Did this in IB with a shitty random drop Treads Upon Stars:

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Light level advantage enabled is a real bitch lol.

Some of my friends say I should get Hawksaw first since I enjoy PvP, others are saying I should get Hung Jury which can work in PvP and PvE.

The important question is: What does GAF think?

LTWood12

Do you have to be Rank 5 for the IB Helm to drop in the PGR?

It doesn't drop as a post-game reward. People with the helmet got it from their rank 5 package. Only post-game rewards this iron banner are gauntlets, chest piece, ghost, hand cannon, and heavy machine gun.

E92 M3

I am crossing my fingers that Bungie doesn't increase the light level cap again. Getting up-to-par is very frustrating.

I am crossing my fingers that Bungie doesn't increase the light level cap again. Getting up-to-par is very frustrating.

if they increase the light level just for king's fall challenge mode, there'd need to be some sweet guns to make it worthwhile. otherwise i'm perfectly fine staying at 303.

TP-DK

Last match in trials. We have used our mercy. The tension is high. And the last group we meets kills themselves in all five rounds.

I have never seen that before.

LTWood12

if they increase the light level just for king's fall challenge mode, there'd need to be some sweet guns to make it worthwhile. otherwise i'm perfectly fine staying at 303.

I'm ready for a new batch of vendor stuff. Hope they at least give everyone new stuff to sell in December.

Some of my friends say I should get Hawksaw first since I enjoy PvP, others are saying I should get Hung Jury which can work in PvP and PvE.

The important question is: What does GAF think?

Hung Jury is not that easy to work with in PvP. TTK is a bit too slow. Aside from that.. my personal philosophy is just play with what you're most comfortable with. When your gun suits your playstyle, it can overcome nearly any weakness.

Deku Tree

We're going to 330 and the only point will be for the Challenge mode KF raid being underlevel, the weapons will be re-skins (if we're lucky or just higher power number spec bump), and once your over 320 then exotic engrams can decrypt to 330.

youll get nothing and like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom