• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

I just want the hand cannon to drop w/ outlaw. I had a drop of basically the vendor one, but w/ sure shot and a slightly better middle column. Other dropped w/ hidden hand, hot swap, and explosive rounds. Which to keep?

E92 M3

I have to dish more hate out on Bungie. All I got worthwhile in getting 2 characters up to rank 5 was the 310 artifact. I got a 312 scout and a 314 sniper from my rank 5 packages neither of which help me out in any way shape or form. All of my loot drops from playing have been sub 300. Pretty shitty IB yet again.

Bungie needs to address the variance in the loot drops possible for players, that is what causes the most discord.

Person X got 2 primaries, a helmet and an exotic weapon. Person Y got 2 shards and 310 boots from the same raid. There shouldn't be such a huge delta between the rewards. If Bungie can address that properly, then I will consider it a success.

I didn't like the vendor Perks for either class. Hoping for better hunter chest tonight and maybe arms. Got Sniper Arms for my titan though.

I didn't have a legendary chest for my warlock that I was aesthetically pleased for. The vendor version had Sniper and Dis/Int - all I needed haha.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Bungie needs to address the variance in the loot drops possible for players, that is what causes the most discord.

Person X got 2 primaries, a helmet and an exotic weapon. Person Y got 2 shards and 310 boots from the same raid. There shouldn't be such a huge delta between the rewards. If Bungie can address that properly, then I will consider it a success.

I didn't have a legendary chest for my warlock that I was aesthetically pleased for. The vendor version had Sniper and Dis/Int - all I needed haha.

Truth. The best part of last night was losing a game and the bottom 3 people all with bad K/D ratios got legendary items. The top 3 all with positive K/D got nothing. Bungie really needs to add incentives to play well and also not quit. I think they should increase the odds of legendary and chance for exotic for players who play the entire match.

I'm back after travelling all weekend. Turning in my weekly bounties to go from Rank 2 to Rank 5 instantly is very nice indeed.

Got the Iron Banner helmet! Alright!

It's DISC/STR with Orbs give Melee charge....

I can't imagine a worse stat split/perk combo for a Titan.

That I got literally the same roll on my Trials helmet is just salt in the wound.

Oh-shit-Im-okay.gif

(this is my reaction everytime I check DIM. the fact that it's a loop is perfect.)

Talking about loot drops, for the past what...6-7 weeks, Warpriest has dropped nothing for me. Nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The only time he dropped something for me was the first week, and that was 2 sniper rifles. I really want a heavy but Warpriest is being a sod.

E92 M3

Truth. The best part of last night was losing a game and the bottom 3 people all with bad K/D ratios got legendary items. The top 3 all with positive K/D got nothing. Bungie really needs to add incentives to play well and also not quit. I think they should increase the odds of legendary and chance for exotic for players who play the entire match.

I am okay with crucible having random rewards and incentive to play well is the fact that getting stomped sucks lol. If only the best were rewarded, then we would have a very empty IB. Beginners need to feel like even though they were sucking the whole match, a good reward can still be waiting.

Talking about loot drops, for the past what...6-7 weeks, Warpriest has dropped nothing for me. Nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. The only time he dropped something for me was the first week, and that was 2 sniper rifles. I really want a heavy but Warpriest is being a sod.

Warpope gives me nothing as well. At this point, I am used to it.

Haybro

So the helmet can only drop from the rank 5 package, and not as a post game drop right?

I got the IB scout with crowd control and third eye, but it's SO slow I think it might become infusion fuel.

LTWood12

I'm back after travelling all weekend. Turning in my weekly bounties to go from Rank 2 to Rank 5 instantly is very nice indeed.

Got the Iron Banner helmet! Alright!

It's DISC/STR with Orbs give Melee charge....

I can't imagine a worse stat split/perk combo for a Titan.

That I got literally the same roll on my Trials helmet is just salt in the wound.

Oh-shit-Im-okay.gif

But it looks dope!

You around this evening?

Best IB drop I've had so far is a 316 ghost shell, I'd like a 320 one but whatever.

Didn't even realise I had the new IB ship drop at some point, I never saw it pop up in the post game rewards screen. Sticking with the space bus though, best loading screen.

Deku Tree

It's too hard for me to get a competent HM KF group. I know what to do, and I don't want to wipe for hours for a small chance at loot that has an even smaller change of advancing my light level. My regular group doesn't play destiny so much any more. Sucks that you can't quickly complete HM KF without forming a really strong full group of six players. If it wasn't so hard to find a group, I might keep doing it on the regular.

Last night I even tried an LFG Oryx CP and the team assured me that they all knew what to do and they had all done it before, but after we had wiped a bunch of times, people forgot their lies and started saying "I just want to see the shade for the first time"... That's when I jumped out of the group.

Bradach

I collected the ghosts during that daily 3 weeks ago and handed it to FWC lady.

I went back at the weekend to get the mission from her and she didn't have it.

If you let 2 resets go by before talking to her do you lose the mission?

LTWood12

It's too hard for me to get a competent HM KF group. I know what to do, and I don't want to wipe for hours for a small chance at loot that has an even smaller change of advancing my light level. My regular group doesn't play destiny so much any more. Sucks that you can't quickly complete HM KF without forming a really strong full group of players.

Last night I even tried an LFG Oryx CP and the team assured me that they all knew what to do and they had all done it before, but after we had wiped a bunch of times, people forgot their lies and started saying "I just want to see the shade for the first time"... That's when I jumped out of the group.

I've got a spot for you tonight on team competent if you're interested.

Decided to do IB on my hunter just this morning. Figured the weekly bounties would jump me up to rank 5 pretty quick.

Except I forgot 1 weekly requires 13 games played, and another requires rank 4, so I'm definitely going to have to actually play at least somewhat.

That said, 2 wins and 3 daily bounties shot me up to half way to Rank 3.

Decided to do IB on my hunter just this morning. Figured the weekly bounties would jump me up to rank 5 pretty quick.

Except I forgot 1 weekly requires 13 games played, and another requires rank 4, so I'm definitely going to have to actually play at least somewhat.

That said, 2 wins and 3 daily bounties shot me up to half way to Rank 3.

The Tempered buff is ridiculous this time of the week. I played 3 hours total on my alts and leveled both of them up to level 5. I didn't even need to turn in all the bounties.

Ended my Iron Banner experience this time at level 5. Got the ghost to drop finally, the artifact and a sidearm. All three I infused into current gear and got 2 light levels. Not a bad take in the end. Not great, I would have loved the chest piece but, I'll take it.

lunlunqq

Anyone feel like carrying a scrub through some IB matches? I haven't played MP for a long time and just want to see how I would fare in IB...

I saw a few questions about levelling up at iron banner today - it's actually pretty easy with all the buffs, I think....PROVIDED...you have collected the bounties through the week.

All credit to ironbanner.info but for your main character, doing 7 daily bounties and 2 weeklies today will get you 5,800 rep...you'll then need around 20 games (incl mix of wins and losses) to get up to rep 5...you'll probably need that many games (or less!) to do the bounties in the first place.

So basically play 20 games, complete bounties along the way and it should take a max of 4 hours to get to rep 5 from scratch.

For alts it's way quicker. 7 dailies and 1 weekly actually gives you all the rep you need to get from 0 to 5. Obviously you'll be winning some games along the way so you'll maybe need to play 10-12 games and turn in bounties to get levelled up. That's probably 2 hours or so of play.

I've looked at the bounties, and how they stack (or don't).

The key is the weeklies. If you complete the 50/25/13 kills then you've also completed 4 of the dailies by default (incl precision kills). That's 88 kills, which by my average is 8 games or so, but for a good player could be done in 4 or 5.

More realistically is to add in the 15 ability kills bounty, which means 103 kills or 10 games or so.

In that time you should have won *a* match so that's 6 dailies and 1 weekly in a very realistic 10 games.

I reckon a good pvp player could actually get those bounties in 4/5 matches by getting the "extraordinary feats" bounty along with the finish in top 3 and finish with over 2,500 points dailies.

So a good pvp player could get an alt to rank 5 in an hour of play.

loving the high level IB and Trials drops. Means I don't have to bother with that effing raid anymore. At least until Challenge Mode brings something good to the table.

loving the high level IB and Trials drops. Means I don't have to bother with that effing raid anymore. At least until Challenge Mode brings something good to the table.

I've only killed HM Oryx twice. First time got me a 312 ghost, and the second got me a 314 class item.

Had zero desire to go back since then.

Only took 7 matches to get my Titan from rank 0 to 5. Just 4 were wins. And a 320 ghost dropped on the first one.

Rank 5 package was shit though... only got a 310 ghost and 310 boots.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't even cash in two of the weekly bounties. Will probably just save them for next time.

So when exactly is refer-a-friend supposed to go live?

Can you do that?
Yeah, you can hold onto them so they're already completed for next IB. You won't be able to do them twice or anything. I didn't have to play many games on my hunter either because if it.

Can you do that?

Apparently yes, you can. But, you can only turn in 3 weekly bounties each time Iron Banner comes around (coz they're always the same), so you won't gain extra rep for previous bounty that you turn in during the next Iron Banner.

Edit - Beaten again.

LTWood12

To do what? I only need Oryx CP this week. What time?

Ah I gotcha. We'll be doing it around 9:30-45. We can start w/ oryx. If we do more we can grab another sixth.

I'm up for it, whole raid or CP, if there are still spots left.

Edit: With my IB & last week's HM loot, I'm up to 311! Woot!

LT if you need another body Ill be around to raid tonight, I can help ouuuut

Heck yeah. That's six.

LT
T-44
Colonel
Deku
JoM
Breezy

See y'all around 9:30-9:45 Eastern.

flkraven

So i've got the full IB set on my titan with helm, ghost, mark, etc. Should I post pics tonight with shaders or has that already been done?

ChimeraFire

Neo Member
I really, really need that iron banner helmet :( (and legs BTW)
I've already reach rank 5 and got an 316 scout rifle
Is there any way to obtain that helmet?

P.S: Can some one tell me what pieces of armor Iron Saladin sold during previous iron banner? much appreciated

P.S 2: Really sry for bad English, not may native language

P.S: Can some one tell me what pieces of armor Iron Saladin sold during previous iron banner? much appreciated

Last Iron Banner, Saladin sold the Boots and Pulse Rifle, that was it.

Edit: Oh, and class items, and Sidearms.

maomaoIYP

Legs and class armor.
Helmet will be next month. Maybe they'll have an IB artifact too.

Class item and leg armor was the previous items sold.

Deku Tree

Ah I gotcha. We'll be doing it around 9:30-45. We can start w/ oryx. If we do more we can grab another sixth.

Heck yeah. That's six.

LT
T-44
Colonel
Deku
JoM
Breezy

See y'all around 9:30-9:45 Eastern.

Ok, I'll be on but I might be playing BB. Send me a Party Chat invite and I'll help out.

SonComet

It's too hard for me to get a competent HM KF group. I know what to do, and I don't want to wipe for hours for a small chance at loot that has an even smaller change of advancing my light level. My regular group doesn't play destiny so much any more. Sucks that you can't quickly complete HM KF without forming a really strong full group of six players. If it wasn't so hard to find a group, I might keep doing it on the regular.

I feel your pain. The HM Oryx fight is so annoying. Even if the group is competent, you just might not mesh well together. And one weak link can bring the whole thing crashing down. I wiped for hours with a group of friends with one guy I've never played with before dying on his platform doing the no knights strategy every single time. I have no idea how you can die just crouching/sitting there.

Tried it with a GAF group and it didn't work out. Was doing kill the knights and we never made it past staggering Oryx once...

Then did it with the same group as the first time minus the guy that died constantly, and we downed him. 3 times on the last phase our runner couldn't pick up the relic. But after going to orbit and coming back we got it.

And lastly, I'm just going to say that it's rude to show up to HM Oryx without a ToM and good sniper. No RNG there. And I know it's not necessary, but it's pretty shocking to not stagger Oryx because people are shooting him with a pulse rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom