• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Both, mostly tech.

Even 1080 just insn´t enough when it´right infront of your eyes.

They should have waited until they were able to make 4k displays this size and have the computing power to back it up.

It wont break through in it´s current state.

It won't break through if it requires a monster rig either though.

I have a feeling we're not getting substantial content and will just get the odd event/quest every couple months. I feel it's all hands on deck for Destiny 2 next September.

Strider

I have a feeling we're not getting substantial content and will just get the odd event/quest every couple months. I feel it's all hands on deck for Destiny 2 next September.

You're probably right.

Which sucks to me :( I just want new content and I'd happily pay for it if needed.

This move towards emotes funding these live events is the worst.

I just wanted to turn my phone back on and just say that my time with this game is about to be tested, they probably are waiting for Destiny 2.

GhaleonEB

I think we'll get a steady stream of smaller stuff. Exotics, events, ect running up to next year's expansion. Wouldn't be surprised to see month drops.

You're probably right.

Which sucks to me :( I just want new content and I'd happily pay for it if needed.

This move towards emotes funding these live events is the worst.

It doesn't seem as much of a monetary thing as it is simply a resources/manpower thing. Bungie simply can't get big content additions out in a constant cycle.

I think we'll get a steady stream of smaller stuff. Exotics, events, ect running up to next year's expansion. Wouldn't be surprised to see month drops.

Exotics we already own is not something to get hyped about and quests are exciting for about the 30 minutes it takes you to do them

We'll get the odd Crucible map and events that involve handing over cash, to put it bluntly I couldn't give a fuck about Halloween type events (not aimed at you, in general)

GhaleonEB

I just like how this opens up expectations for what Destiny is and can be in the future. Festival of the Lost was unexpected, goofy fun. Sparrow racing is unexpected, goofy fun. I didn't see either of them coming, but I like not knowing what kind of stuff they're doing next.
Exotics we already own is not something to get hyped about and quests are exciting for about the 30 minutes it takes you to do them

We'll get the odd Crucible map and events that involve handing over cash

I'm pretty cynical, but not nearly that cynical. I think reasonable expectations are higher. :p

Namikaze1

Best announcement was Ni No Kuni 2. Best footage was FF7 remake. Most boring segment was VR but that's kinda hard to present since it's something meant to be experience by yourself. Most disappointing was Destiny's weak ass event. Best chat was DGAF = The Best.

blamite

Sparrow Racing is cool, but I was expecting something HoW level with how long it's been since TTK.

And if it's a 3-week event, how often is it supposed to rotate in and out? Every 2-3 months?

Falifax

Best announcement was Ni No Kuni 2. Best footage was FF7 remake. Most boring segment was VR but that's kinda hard to present since it's something meant to be experience by yourself. Most disappointing was Destiny's weak ass event.

Ace Combat 7 announcement and Nuclear Throne being available today was all I could ask for.

Strider

It doesn't seem as much of a monetary thing as it is simply a resources/manpower thing. Bungie simply can't get big content additions out in a constant cycle.

Then I'd rather them forego the small events and give us one big content update between now and next fall. They could've announced something like that today and at least we'd have something to look forward to.

tbh I'm leaning toward uninstalling for another 9 months.

BokehKing

Banned
Was expecting at least a dark below size dlc drop

Worried about that 3 week only thing though, hope they have something lined up for after that

X-Frame

I just want new sparrows. If we get those cool racing sparrows that we can use whenever that'd be great too -- not just when we race.

Haha I wasn't expecting Sparrow racing. Reading through the sub will sure be interesting. I feel like there will be a lot of pissed players who waited to see content (Not this kind of content ) and just complain. If the normal PSX thread on Gaf is anything to go by, there will be a lot of people complaining.

Small events like Festival of the Lost and Sparrow Racing add great flavor to games like World of WarCraft and Destiny. But they are not significant content and announcing things like they just did is terrible communication. Bungie needs to be more clear about the future of Destiny. If they've moved all hands on deck to Destiny 2 and intend to just do very very small content drops like this, tell us. The lack of communication is awful. OK, great were getting more exotics and classes and weapons are being tuned but...for what? If there's not another end-game activity coming that we should be preparing for I would prefer to just know out right so I can adjust my play time accordingly and awa it Destiny 2 rather than throw time into a game that's not going to go anywhere.

Having looked at the sparrow RL video again, this is what I think:

The rewards will be sparrows and class items. No actual gear.
We won't be able to race with our own guardians or sparrows, rather pre-made ones like in the trailer.
It will be a pve type activity, so you'll need to load it up with a fireteam.

Then I'd rather them forego the small events and give us one big content update between now and next fall. They could've announced something like that today and at least we'd have something to look forward to.

tbh I'm leaning toward uninstalling for another 9 months.

It's lose-lose. You either get one decent-sized content drop that people will still complain isn't enough while also complaining about the droughts between new content or you get a bunch of small new content with people complaining there's nothing significant.

I'm personally fine with this approach, at least knowing that the Y1 content cycle was unsustainable.

I am, of course, expecting more content to continue to come (also remember that this is arriving with some more Y2 exotics etc). But I'd find it silly to complain about something like "Bungie's not doing anything about what shook out to be thin actual endgame content" when a brand new activity is about to get added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom