• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know any answer would be speculation right now but any thoughts as to whether our materials etc will carry over to Destiny 2? I've always been a hoarder in games like this, wondering if it's just a waste of time building a collection now though if there isn't going to be any major DLC between now and Destiny 2.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How do you get TLW to drop... Specific strikes/raids? Random engrams? I wanna get that Jolly Holidays thing done before bungie possibly patches it :/

deviant1

Dragons Breath 2.0 is awesome! I used it on the Taken Ultras and CoO bosses I needed to kill to finish the Finesse and Speed questline and it was melting everything. This will definitely be my go to Heavy for PVE for now.

The EV-42 Sparrow you get from finishing the Finesse and Speed questline looks and sounds awesome. It works just like the Tumbler and you can roll and flip all over the place.

lt519

What do you mean? The levels were built specifically for this racing mode. They can't be found in any other PvE or PvP map.

Oh, looked like they existed in the current worlds with preset paths, pretty impressive effort then. I didn't think the live team had the man power to pull something like this together considering how in the past they've said it's so difficult in their engine to build worlds.

After I bought MIDA this opened up in my kiosk:

https://twitter.com/dekubleep/status/674353560105168896

Harrowed ToM?

Most certainly the 50 calcified fragment reward. It's the only thing that's keeping me going!

Edit: or NLB?

How do you get TLW to drop... Specific strikes/raids? Random engrams? I wanna get that Jolly Holidays thing done before bungie possibly patches it :/

Best bet is xurs legacy engram and marks for the Y2 version, otherwise it's pure RNG. You're the third person I've heard ask that in the last week. TTK has set the expectation that there are specific ways to obtain exotics I guess

GhaleonEB

Anyone try the new Dragon's Breath? I'm really interested how the new perk works.

Earlier today everyone discovered how to use the horn at the same time in the race. I couldn't stop laughing at the cacophony of weird noises.

Dragons Breath 2.0 is awesome! I used it on the Taken Ultras and CoO bosses I needed to kill to finish the Finesse and Speed questline and it was melting everything. This will definitely be my go to Heavy for PVE for now.

The EV-42 Sparrow you get from finishing the Finesse and Speed questline looks and sounds awesome. It works just like the Tumbler and you can roll and flip all over the place.

Sounding good, how does it work?

Where do you start the finesse and speed quest? That's the PSexclusive one right?

Anyone try the new Dragon's Breath? I'm really interested how the new perk works.

Earlier today everyone discovered how to use the horn at the same time in the race. I couldn't stop laughing at the cacophony of weird noises.

It's y2 gjallahorn

bryanee

Did anyone have an issue with updates getting stuck on the preparing phase? Update 1.19 just stays on preparing, I've left this thing for hours and I've tried deleting it and starting again but no luck.

Oh, looked like they existed in the current worlds with preset paths, pretty impressive effort then. I didn't think the live team had the man power to pull something like this together considering how in the past they've said it's so difficult in their engine to build worlds.

To clarify on this, the slow part of bungie's world editing tool is basically the boot up of the tool.

So while yes, it would take them like 8 hours to edit 1 single item, it would only take them 8 hours and 3 minutes to edit 2 items.

So chances are, when they are building and making world edits, they get a pile of them together, and then knock out as many of them as they can.

It's not like it takes them 8 hours per one individual object.

Ryck

So on the challenge does every single person have to get the gaze on every single pool you drop or just per boss encounter?

lt519

To clarify on this, the slow part of bungie's world editing tool is basically the boot up of the tool.

So while yes, it would take them like 8 hours to edit 1 single item, it would only take them 8 hours and 3 minutes to edit 2 items.

So chances are, when they are building and making world edits, they get a pile of them together, and then knock out as many of them as they can.

It's not like it takes them 8 hours per one individual object.

Interesting. Does one person working on it preclude another from working on it at the same time? Say I wanted to add rock X and you wanted to move rock Y but at our own work terminals then for you to pull in my change would take 8 hours? Seems if that were the only limiting factor we'd see a lot more missions and one off quests. If a small team were able to pull off the worlds for Sparrow racing AND the HUD, quest line tie-ins, new gear, etc that we could probably get something pretty substantial from them on the regular.

Everyone has to grab the gaze at least once before the team collectively fails to grab his gaze

If someone dies can you continue or does that count as a failure of everyone grabbing the gaze?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Best bet is xurs legacy engram and marks for the Y2 version, otherwise it's pure RNG. You're the third person I've heard ask that in the last week. TTK has set the expectation that there are specific ways to obtain exotics I guess

My problem is I dont have the Y1 version and Xur never sells primary legacy engrams lol. Guess I have to just wait and hope for Primary Engrams. I keep only getting helmets and gauntlets, never primaries -.-

At least the one I got gave me a Y2 Mida's...

wait is there some fresh cheese on this quest?

Sparrow races with TLW equipped give renown ;)

Interesting. Does one person working on it preclude another from working on it at the same time? Say I wanted to add rock X and you wanted to move rock Y but at our own work terminals then for you to pull in my change would take 8 hours? Seems if that were the only limiting factor we'd see a lot more missions and one off quests. If a small team were able to pull off the worlds for Sparrow racing AND the HUD, quest line tie-ins, new gear, etc that we could probably get something pretty substantial from them on the regular.

I'm making assumptions here based on normal development work:

It likely depends on the area each person is working on.

For instance, I could probably work on the Mothyards while you worked on the Lunar Complex.

They're different assets of the game. However, if I wanted to shift the loot crates of the Hellmouth while you adjusted the beacons placed around the Hellmouth, you'd likely have to wait your turn, or just have the other person make the beacon move since they already have the file open.

What likely happens is changes that are needed are fed to a manager. After so much time has passed the manager has a short list of edits that need to be made. He then delegates those changes to 1 individual person to make all of the changes in one go, rather than hand out the work to several people.

To elaborate even further, chances are this manager has lists for each individual area of the game, and once they each hit a certain edit count, they get handed out to clean up.

So Tuesday he might hand off a corrections list for Anchor of Light to Bob, and then Thursday he hands off a corrections list for Valley of Kings to Susan.

This update is taking forever. Release your updates earlier please so my PS4 can download it without me having to switch it on.

That Dragon's Breath looks worth using now.

After I was given the Amanda Holiday quest, literally the next day, the Last Word dropped from an engram that came from using a 3 of Coins on the Taken boss on Venus. That boss has always been really good at dropping exotics for me. I remember one week, I had 4 or 5 drop in a row from it.

deviant1

Darryl M R said:
Any images of all the new sparrows? And can racing sparrows be used in patrol?

12310521_10207546721444687_3555018247244570097_n.jpg

BreezyLimbo said:
Where do you start the finesse and speed quest? That's the PSexclusive one right?

Yeah, it's the PS Exclusive mission/sparrow. IIRC It popped up for me after I completed the 5 races in SRL mission and than visiting Halladay in the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom