• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
TLW is everywhere... :p

First impression on Sunbreakers, they have successfully been made less annoying. Still the best super but they don't feel invincible to go up against anymore. I'm not positive but I think my Hitchhiker can one-shot them now :D Strikers feel unstoppable, which I guess is appropriate. They're fast and it kind of feels like they can always win a close range 1v1.

edit: they can still shrug off golden gun shots tho

thursday was gonna be a KF newbie raid, I could make it Friday?

Oooo.... a newbie raid with the Hawk? They should be so lucky! That would be great.

It'd be two of them and me, but I suppose I could bow out if you need the spot.

Edit: three of them, and then me. Is that too much?

lt519

So in Golgoroth CM is someone exempt from taking the gaze if they die? Or do all 6 people need to be alive through the whole thing?

Namikaze1

Anyone here played Sonic Adventures Battle 2? You know that song that plays as Sonic is trying to escape the city in the first level? Yeah, that's the song that keeps playing over and over as I'm doing these races.

X-Frame

TLW is everywhere... :p

First impression on Sunbreakers, they have successfully been made less annoying. Still the best super but they don't feel invincible to go up against anymore. I'm not positive but I think my Hitchhiker can one-shot them now :D

Strikers feel unstoppable, which I guess is appropriate. They're fast and it kind of feels like they can always win a close range 1v1.

Hawkian, please expand on how Strikers feel unstoppable now. :)

Is it the Juggernaut shield? Storm Fist melee? Need the deats!

Thanks for the tip, Sentinel. Gilgamish looks great with it.

What about Double Banshee? The blue shader that was promotional before Destiny came out?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oooo.... a newbie raid with the Hawk? They should be so lucky! That would be great.

It'd be two of them and me, but I suppose I could bow out if you need the spot.
I don't think I've got any backlogged, so you should definitely come. what time Friday?

Anyone have room for NF on Xbox?

Not running NF tonight but us xboxers need to stick together so feel free to add me. GT is Lee182jib

Really enjoying the races so far. I'm still getting used to controls and how fuel works though. I spent one race in 1st place all the way up til the last stretch and suddenly slowed to a snails pace and ended up finishing 5th.

Namikaze1

What about Double Banshee? The blue shader that was promotional before Destiny came out?
Looks terrible. Was the first one I checked. It's too dark for it. Gilgamesh is the closest one to Twilight Garrison's color scheme.

lt519

Just watched a video of Sparrow Racing, either they put a ton of effort into this or it was in the base game and just needed some final polish/tuning. The levels seem built for it from the get go.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I haven't seen much Juggernaut yet at least but the increased melee range, Storm Fist melee damage, Headstrong + Shoulder Charge. I have died to some form of Striker melee many many times including battles I know I would've won before this patch.

Everything seems to feel nicer sprint-wise too. I actually don't know what they changed exactly but it just feels nicer.

Just watched a video of Sparrow Racing, either they put a ton of effort into this or it was in the base game and just needed some final polish/tuning. The levels seem built for it from the get go.

What do you mean? The levels were built specifically for this racing mode. They can't be found in any other PvE or PvP map.

Woot I can post again.

Those patch notes have me so excited. Some things obviously shouldn't have been changed to begin with(nightfall rep) but there was definitely some unexpected additions such as the 3oC change for crucible.

If anything this just makes me feel better about the future as Bungie have shown they are listening lately and are making better changes.

Can't wait to get home for some Sparrow racing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom