• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: PS5 Pro vs PS5 - A Vast Improvement At 60FPS

Rudius

To my eyes PSSR at 4K looks better than native 4K in this game. Very impressive:

uDKLgRG.jpeg

VRuE0rJ.jpeg

TrueLegend

So you wont use DLSS?

I'm calling bullshit.
DLSS is God tier compared to this shite. This is what worried me reading about what PSSR was doing from an engeenering point of view. The most interesting thing will be now to see how it stacks up to software only brach of XeSS because if it is poor than that then this thing is a bit of a scam as PS5 surely could do some PSSR lite stuff. Basically the extra GPU power is doing the heavy lifting instead of PSSR which does not boad well for Unreal engine titles. It also means ML part of this custom APU is weak. Honestly this is not what I was expecting.

acm2000

the base game didnt use any decent upscaling techniques which is why it looks so blurry, PSSR gets a free hit with this one to cover up Squares mistakes/laziness

sncvsrtoip

Gold Member
If base game didnt use any fsr2 just simplest bilinear upscale and pro could use pssr with improvement fps and keep internal res its proof that games that already use fsr2 on pro have room to not only change it to pssr but also increase internal res.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member

Skifi28

the base game didnt use any decent upscaling techniques which is why it looks so blurry, PSSR gets a free hit with this one to cover up Squares mistakes/laziness
It's not just Rebirth though, there's a huge list of games with terrible image quality on performance modes.

Vick

Gold Member
Check the eurogamer article guys, they're doing a PS5 perf / PS5 quality / PS5 Pro 60 fps comparison there and the difference in image quality is night and day.

Looks better than Fidelity indeed.

Rudius

He said it's a similar upgrade in image quality going from xbox one to one x 👌
It's still using dynamic resolution, so at times PSSR is taking a 1080p base image and upscaling it to 4K, looking a bit better than native in my opinion. So it's like the One X running in 4K the same games that where 1080 on Xbox One, the difference being that the One X did it through brute force.

Darsxx82

What remains surprising is that the IQ on PS5 was so horrendous even though the native resolution in both modes is so high. It's surprising how a resolution of 1080-1200p looked like something at 720p. Or how a native 4K resolution doesn't look anything close to something truly native 4K.

It was certainly a game where ML upscaled resolution was going to work wonders.

Last edited:

Bojji

What remains surprising is that the IQ on PS5 was so horrendous even though the native resolution in both modes is so high. It's surprising how a resolution of 1080-1200p looked like something at 720p. Or how a native 4K resolution doesn't look anything close to something truly native 4K.

Exactly, this game had absolutely horrendous TAA implementation.

TrueLegend

This game does not not have FSR. This is DF being part of IGN racket and doing PR to get early access to PRO stuff. This looks bad if compared to TAA+Reshade Sharpness. FF TAA are known to be horrible. Check FFXV on PC. Use Reshade Sharpness and boom its literally like this. If this looks like that then PSSR is even poorer at AA as of now.

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

There it is. Clearly day 1.

PS5 Pro haters, lol. Way bigger upgrade than I was expecting. Honestly, can you imagine with how Wukong runs, NOT getting a Pro? Hard to justify skipping this for a gaming enthusiast, unless your main platform is PC(in which case, why are you complaining about the price of an optional console upgrade designed for console enthusiasts)?

I mean, the 2tb Series X is only 100 dollars less and it doesn't do shit. Haters gonna hate I guess, but many of us predicted this exact scenario.

The next thing to fall is the OH SO SILLY talking point that without a CPU upgrade, increases in framerate can't be achieved. That's hilarious. One of us has a basic misunderstanding of resource management. Anyway, we'll see. First game you are wrong on, will be glorious. Glorious! I hear DD2 is 60fps on the pro? Will that be the first game you are wrong on? Let's see. Soon your talking points will all be rotten and novel in the morning sun, the results of a bygone day with lots of fun and not a lot of thought. I'm sure someone will remind the haters of how wrong they have been. Shoon. Think I'm wrong?

Last edited:
Top Bottom