• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I had a guy in Random Draft random first pick

He got Shadow Demon

Sucked as him

Bought a Maelstrom

The other team first picked Warlock

Warlock wrecked our shit

I fucking blame the guy who randomed a hero he couldn't play and passed up one of the best heroes in the game right now.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
http://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit Mouz vs VP Bo5
Where's the bzm i told you about freakinchair/stairs gif when you need it.

mLHUS.png

Sibylus

Banned
I love how Freakinchair actually has people defending him now. Real talk: If his brother's dota team was missing a 5th player and chair was free to play his brother would probably ask him to drive off into the frozen Canadian wastelands to pick up Puppetyuber before even thinking about asking chair to ring as 5th.

Where's the bzm i told you about freakinchair/stairs gif when you need it.
bzm you sunuvabitch, we're offending washed up pubstars. Do you hate the hunt?

The Technomancer

Depends on how bad you are losing. Last night I sold my Drum and Bracer to get a Maelstorm to try and hold of Mega Creeps as Rubick. Worked for about 2 minutes.

He timed out and ended up with a hero he couldn't play and didn't say a single word all game. I want these people to go away and let the rest of us who want to play the team based game called Dota in peace

dave is ok

aztek is ok
No one cares if you played in the first ever tournament of some game, that's when the meta is at its weakest and no one knows what they're doing. So basically you just admitted to bowing out of the pro scene as soon as people got good.

Dawngate guys. Let's do it. We can be heroes, just for one day.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Lol at this nobody trying to talk big. Congrats on playing with a couple current pros when they were also nobodies.

I made this to simplify the thread, also. Refer to for answers to most questions in our daily/weekly rotation of posts:

Hmmm I joined the NeoGaf chat room as Hupsel, but I cant see anybody there. Do I need to be accepted or anything like that?
ps: Im nice but I like to complain about SB and Abbadon ^^

MKAllDay

Winning this must have been a dream then big bad pro.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=1181921
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=96450

Anyway done here, apparently people who say that you can deny <30% are the big pros here.

I can't help but notice that in a 3v3 tournament your team has 5 members, you being the last one listed. Is it possible that you in fact didn't even play in this tournament save for MAYBE a rare stand-in here or there?

kagete

I made this to simplify the thread, also. Refer to for answers to most questions in our daily/weekly rotation of posts:

Where is the branch for people posting scoreboards?

P.S. Just kidding Freakinchair, you're cool. I mean 30% really is just 2 away from 50%. And why is liezryou not doing IHs with GAF if he's clearly so good. Does LOL have a dotabuff-like site for us to see his recent stats?

Chris R

Were there server issues last night? I tried to join a game several times, was matched, clicked accept and then waited what seemed like two minutes to be told that I was not able to connect to the game. Or is this just something that happens pretty frequently?

He timed out and ended up with a hero he couldn't play and didn't say a single word all game. I want these people to go away and let the rest of us who want to play the team based game called Dota in peace

You know, if you want to play a team-based game as a team-based game, you're best off getting a team.

Right now I'm playing Football Manager while refreshing DotaGAF every few minutes, while watching Mouz in Twitch as Newsroom plays in a small window.

Fuck Dota man. I'm totally sucked into it.

pmj

Another game, another player whining throughout the match, this time calling us "gay".

But I started playing this because I was curious about what a MOBA is, and even if I suck, I at least now know.

The Technomancer

You know, if you want to play a team-based game as a team-based game, you're best off getting a team.

But half the time I get really communicative intelligent players who want to actually work together and its really fun. Why can't Matchmaking just stick me with those guys and put everyone who never talks or tries to work with the team off in their own pool? I'm not even talking about skill here, I'm fine with playing with people who aren't so hot (hell, sometimes I am that guy, I've had a few terrible games recently lord knows) as long as I know that at least we gave it our best and we went down together.

Ken

Another game, another player whining throughout the match, this time calling us "gay".

But I started playing this because I was curious about what a MOBA is, and even if I suck, I at least now know.

I got lucky with my first matches. Haven't had anyone rage too much yet (except this one time I eul'd a 10 HP veno and my team died to turrets while waiting for him to come down).

Mute, report, move on. Just some idiot. No need to pay him any attention.

BeesEight

Hey guys, I played in a TF2 tournament once. Can I be a big deal?

I hate being first pick in Random Draft. I'm always worried about timing out and getting an awful hero that I'll just quickly grab someone without even really seeing what the whole pool is. I once let Batrider past first pick. :(

People probably moved over to the Gaf guild chat. Hop online and bug one of the guild officers/leaders for an invite.

The guild chat always seems dead when I log on. On the plus side, it doesn't seem to be filled with spam bots.

Manus

So I had a Shadow Fiend who pretty much carried my team last night. I've never seen the build before. He didn't start putting a point in Shadowraze till the rest of his moves were maxed out. He completely tore up middle and our late game. Anyone else see a SF build this way?

Helmholtz

Learn to use the mute button. Game is suddenly more enjoyable.
If anyone, ever, says random insulting shit toward me with no substance, I will instantly mute them. As far as I'm concerned they just lost their privilege of properly communicating with me
The best part is, it carries over for future games, so I always know who's an asshole from the get go.
Criticism of my play with valid points is totally acceptable, but random insults are not. They only distract me and detract from my play.

It would be neat if there was an item specifically aimed at beginners who are guaranteed to feed a lot in lane. Something cheap and easy to build like a magic wand that makes it so that you lose less gold on death, or get experience from creeps that die near your corpse. A mini bloodstone that is only worth buying if you know you die over and over every game.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Why didn't you mute him after the first time?

pmj

It would be neat if there was an item specifically aimed at beginners who are guaranteed to feed a lot in lane. Something cheap and easy to build like a magic wand that makes it so that you lose less experience and gold on death. Something like a mini bloodstone that is only worth building if you are dying over and over again every game.
Better matchmaking would be good, where newbies only play other newbies and approved newbie helpers. When you play your first handful of games and constantly have a few people telling you to do things, and not to do things, using terms you don't know the meaning of because the tutorial never explained them to you, and then get angry when you fail, there's a problem.

I don't want to seem like I'm whining too much, though. I did have some fun investigating what a MOBA is and how it should be played. I just don't think it's for me.

Why didn't you mute him after the first time?
I didn't know how.

shira

It would be neat if there was an item specifically aimed at beginners who are guaranteed to feed a lot in lane. Something cheap and easy to build like a magic wand that makes it so that you lose less gold on death, or get experience from creeps that die near your corpse. A mini bloodstone that is only worth buying if you know you die over and over every game.

Proplayer picks axe, exploits said item
Jeez VP picks axe

MKAllDay

Better matchmaking would be good, where newbies only play other newbies and approved newbie helpers. When you play your first handful of games and constantly have a few people telling you to do things, and not to do things, using terms you don't know the meaning of because the tutorial never explained them to you, and then get angry when you fail, there's a problem.

I don't want to seem like I'm whining too much, though. I did have some fun investigating what a MOBA is and how it should be played. I just don't think it's for me.

The matchmaking essentially does that. Only problem is newbie has a million different meanings in a game like this. It could be a player that hasn't played any Dota 2 but played plenty of WC3 DotA, HoN, or LoL. It could even be a person smurfing.

By default any of those players are going to have a much better fundamental understanding of the game and even though they may not be that great at it they will certainly stand above players who have never touched the genre.

Of course Valve has the experience question at the beginning to try and prevent that issue but naturally people have a tough time being honest.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Lol at this nobody trying to talk big. Congrats on playing with a couple current pros when they were also nobodies.

This needs to be in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom