• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
i played league once, i named my hero Obama. People kept calling obama noob feeder, then then adobe air crashed and i never played league again.

Playing solo matchmaking is starting to wear on my soul, might have to join you guys. What's the general skill level in this thread? Seems pretty varied. I would say I'm above average, but I have my low points :eek:

http://dotabuff.com/players/29730823/matches

I need to learn a support and how to farm a radiance in less than 20...

edit: nice OP btw

Wait, is the Radiance + Refresher build on Spectre actually legit? I had a pretty good game today where I went:

Manta Style
Diffusal Blade 2
Phase Boots
Butterfly
Radiance
Heart of Terrasque

Ended up 20-4-15 after the game seemed lost early on.

Such an easy hero to crush pubs with because simply don't realize they're playing against the clock and farm their jungle after a won team fight instead of pushing for a win.

shira

Wait, is the Radiance + Refresher build on Spectre actually legit? I had a pretty good game today where I went:

Manta Style
Diffusal Blade 2
Phase Boots
Butterfly
Radiance
Heart of Terrasque

Such an easy hero to crush pubs with because simply don't realize they're playing against the clock and farm their jungle after a won team fight instead of pushing for a win.
Rad-refresh. So sick.

nesmar

That's what I'm trying to figure out, just heard about it, but it seems amazing. That one game was my first game with Spectre and the other team was meh, so I need to try it again. The problem is I'm pretty sure I take too long to farm Radiance, but ult > wait duration > ult pretty much killed their entire team.

Downside with that build is if you fail you will get major hate, but in theory you can non-stop farm and never build hp items or bkb because you will never need to fight fair.

Ultimatum

Banned

Manta Style
Diffusal Blade 2
Phase Boots
Butterfly
Radiance
Heart of Terrasque

I think you chose the right build. Radiance + Refresher is only viable in games where you snowball out of control imo. Nesmar's game looks like it wasn't even close, so that's why it was a good choice to go radiance.

Radiance + Refresher Spectre is only legit if game is not hard. Any semblance of pressure on you and it'll be very risky. Especially when getting an early Radiance is a greedy build already.

nesmar

What's the order on items on radiance refresher spectre? That seems intriguing.

start: QB, RoP, tangos, salve

lane: tranquil, orb of venom

hopefully: radiance, refresher orb

I do agree that it's more of a win more strategy. In general I'd rather pick Juggs and go phase > drums > yasha > whatever for my melee agility needs, even though he's nowhere near as good as stacked Spectre.

If you feel like reading 40 pages of debate on the rad-refresher build see this thread:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314825

This guy also came up with the Charles Barkley Huskar build so I'd take him seriously. It's very well argued anyway. I think focusing Spectre around her team fight ability instead of her ability to man-fight against bkb carries makes a lot of sense on paper.

I do wonder if it's actually viable to have your main carry avoid all fights whenever her ultimate is down though. He says a few times that this is fine for heroes like Magnus but I don't think it's really the same thing for the main farmer on the team.

4 of my team disconnect at the start of the game, I try to bring up the menu to leave but it tells me "Connecting to Dota 2 network" and the other team yells at me...Dota community you so nice

Gxgear

4 of my team disconnect at the start of the game, I try to bring up the menu to leave but it tells me "Connecting to Dota 2 network" and the other team yells at me...Dota community you so nice

Why yell when you get a free win? Silly gooses.

I am stuck at connecting too though.

start: QB, RoP, tangos, salve

lane: tranquil, orb of venom

hopefully: radiance, refresher orb

I do agree that it's more of a win more strategy. In general I'd rather pick Juggs and go phase > drums > yasha > whatever for my melee agility needs, even though he's nowhere near as good as stacked Spectre.

If you feel like reading 40 pages of debate on the rad-refresher build see this thread:

http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1314825

This guy also came up with the Charles Barkley Huskar build so I'd take him seriously. It's very well argued anyway. I think focusing Spectre around her team fight ability instead of her ability to man-fight against bkb carries makes a lot of sense on paper.

I do wonder if it's actually viable to have your main carry avoid all fights whenever her ultimate is down though. He says a few times that this is fine for heroes like Magnus but I don't think it's really the same thing for the main farmer on the team.

I'm intrigued but would you recommend this build to someone that's played spectre only once in a bot match?

caesar

Banned
I love that moment when you're lvl 1 Treant, you just walk round the creeps and bomb their carry in the jaw for 86 dmg. So funny to see them run like, 'shit son, that was a 5th of my health.'

man dota

Aselith

It would be neat if there was an item specifically aimed at beginners who are guaranteed to feed a lot in lane. Something cheap and easy to build like a magic wand that makes it so that you lose less gold on death, or get experience from creeps that die near your corpse. A mini bloodstone that is only worth buying if you know you die over and over every game.

That would be pretty overpowered on supports.

Finalow

LIEZRYOU WHERE YOU AT FREAKINCHAIR CALLIN U OUT FOR A 1V1 SF IN MUMBLE BRO
"I'd crush him he's probably shit"
0NZO4.gif

Guys did you not see his resume? First place in a 2011 twisted treeline lol tourney.

Twisted. Treeline. LoL. Tournament. First. Place. 2011.

He could 1 v 5 anyone.

ksan

Guys did you not see his resume? First place in a 2011 twisted treeline lol tourney.

He could 1 v 5 anyone.

i played with some q players back in the days, obviously im the greatest player in the world

MKAllDay

He could 1 v 5 anyone.

I still don't believe he actually had anything to do with his team winning. Its a 3v3 tourney and his team had 5 players...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom