• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeding DK tell me that I should stop building survivability items on Drow (since I was dying quite a bit beforehand) and that I should build pure damage items like Shadow Blade and Mask of Madness all the time.

woober

Battlecruiser_SC2_HeadAnim1.gif

Battlecruiser operational.

Sajjaja

Just uninstalled DOTA 2. =D

Reinstalled because I saw a GIF of Abbadon being cool.

Every time I try to get out......they pull me back in...........

Wunder

The entire argument he bases it on feels weak - so Valve wants everyone to feel like they've 'won' something, but what is happening with the immortal items happens almost all the time with stuff inside chests too. You don't think a specific rare or mythical in the chest is going to be worth more than a crappier looking rare or a rare that is used by a less popular hero?

You could make the argument that everyone got an immortal item but not everyone gets a key but that's as flimsy as the previous one.

Sibylus

Banned
Iunno, I feel like I got rewarded with a pretty awesome mace for a hero I do enjoy (Abaddon). I could understand the feeling if I didn't care for the hero.

Why the hell is it allowed that my teammates can take my items off the courier without me being able to retrieve it back? I just had a troll Tiny steal my bottle off me because, "You need to gank more." He held on to it for the rest of the game, and my laning was severely hindered; I fed in effect.

What the fuck Vovlo

Des0lar

will learn eventually
The entire argument he bases it on feels weak - so Valve wants everyone to feel like they've 'won' something, but what is happening with the immortal items happens almost all the time with stuff inside chests too. You don't think a specific rare or mythical in the chest is going to be worth more than a crappier looking rare or a rare that is used by a less popular hero?

You could make the argument that everyone got an immortal item but not everyone gets a key but that's as flimsy as the previous one.

No, when you open a chest, you make a gamble deliberatly.

Nobody knew there was a "gamble" involved with the immortal item. 2/5 of players got screwed by getting an item that is worth considerably less than it's others, not only speaking monetary value, but also having no effects whatsoever is just lazy.

Why the hell is it allowed that my teammates can take my items off the courier without me being able to retrieve it back? I just had a troll Tiny steal my bottle off me because, "You need to gank more." He held on to it for the rest of the game, and my laning was severely hindered; I fed in effect.

What the fuck Vovlo

"You just lost us the game tiny; Team pls report tiny; -> Press report, write "stealing my items" in the little box" Be done with it.

Guys, what if they just gave everybody all the immortals?

/notbitteratallaboutthatldpot

They should have done that in the first place.

While I would not be surprised to see Valve react to all this negative feedback in some way - like adding custom spell effects to the mace and the cauldron, they are probably way too busy dealing with TI3 to care for any of this.

No, when you open a chest, you make a gamble deliberatly.

Nobody knew there was a "gamble" involved with the immortal item. 2/5 of players got screwed by getting an item that is worth considerably less than it's others, not only speaking monetary value, but also having no effects whatsoever is just lazy.

"You just lost us the game tiny; Team pls report tiny; -> Press report, write "stealing my items" in the little box" Be done with it.

More like:

"Everyone please report Tiny. He took bottle off courier and won't return it--intentionally hindering the team."

--> "Oh God, another whiner."
--> "Just fucking play the game."
--> "Grow up kid."
--> " lolololol"

Sibylus

Banned
That tiny is indeed a fuckwad, but you should also be endeavoring to be bottling runes and ganking with them (especially with hastes and DDs).

Nokterian

More like:

"Everyone please report Tiny. He took bottle off courier and won't return it--intentionally hindering the team."

--> "Oh God, another whiner."
--> "Just fucking play the game."
--> "Grow up kid."
--> " lolololol"

Like a other gaffer says,when you have enough tickets to report. Report them all.

TGMIII

There needs to be an actual ban system in place. Low prio and muting doesn't do anything, they just come back a day later and do the same shit.

Obviously saying this is easier than actually implementing a system that works correctly.

Card Boy

Banned

What the fuck Vovlo

i have noticed pudge and tiny players and the biggest trolls and scumbags i have to deal with whilst playing this game. There needs to be an option to disable hook and throw help like the way you can in HoN, there have being numorous instances i have being purposly being put in unreachable areas unable to get out.

Regarding your situation there needs to be an option to disable the stealing of items from the courier.

JustinBB7

What the fuck Vovlo

At least Valve made it so items couldn't be destroyed anymore by teammates..

i have noticed pudge and tiny players and the biggest trolls and scumbags i have to deal with whilst playing this game. There needs to be an option to disable hook and throw help like the way you can in HoN, there have being numorous instances i have being purposly being put in unreachable areas unable to get out.

Regarding your situation there needs to be an option to disable the stealing of items from the courier.

You can turn off that stuff at the top. Not sure if it works for hook because that would stop blocking obviously, but I think it stops toss.

MKAllDay

Unfortunately, there can't really be an option to disable help those two particular moves (as well as a few others). It provides an unfair edge as everyone except say an Axe/Tide/ES/etc on your team could disable toss and then the random aspect of toss is disabled. Instead that is a requirement of the skill that you play around that aspect.

The same is true for hook, you can have your hook blocked and potentially even ruin a team fight/kill by hitting a teammate with it. If you could disable that then that skill requirement on that ability is thrown out.

Now you could argue that playing around those issues is arbitrary and unnecessary but that is a separate argument and as long as IceFrog wants that to be a part of it then they simply can't allow disable help on those skills.

Card Boy

Banned
At least Valve made it so items couldn't be destroyed anymore by teammates..

You can turn off that stuff at the top. Not sure if it works for hook because that would stop blocking obviously, but I think it stops toss.

i can guarantee you it doesnt stop toss, i know because the troll that was putting me in unreachable areas and killing the courier was still able to throw me.

shira

There needs to be an actual ban system in place. Low prio and muting doesn't do anything, they just come back a day later and do the same shit.

Obviously saying this is easier than actually implementing a system that works correctly.

I'm sure they've checked the metrics. If X moderators would help gain Y profit they would have done it by now. Complaining gamer still = paying customer. Once this is no longer the equation you bet your ass they will clean shit up.

Everyone's got you on ignore though
:p
Shieeet I have a new EE gif and everything.

shira

Who would you guys say are Weird Heroes (skillset wise)? The two main ones I can think of are Visage and Elder Titan.

Weird as in you don't know how to play them? IDK what you talking about. These heroes eat trees to gain health. If you dying and you ate a tree that is pretty weird shit.

Lotto

I actually got the cauldron. LD is one of my least favorite heroes, I would have taken anything except that. Oh well.

Card Boy

Banned
Just saw the Immortal item prices. I feel sorry for Non-Whalehook, non-Leviathan Whale Blade owners. I can't belive the Leviathan Whale Blade went up by 4 bucks overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom